Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 31, 2024, 9:35 pm

Poll: Where you stand?
This poll is closed.
There is no karma and no future lives so criminals get off the hook
58.54%
24 58.54%
There is karma and nobody who commit crimes get off the hook.
7.32%
3 7.32%
I wouldn't know, in any case I don't care
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Karma poll
Karma poll
(November 3, 2016 at 8:12 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(November 2, 2016 at 11:25 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Wow...you couldn't have picked a shittier source to reference, lol.  Swing and a miss.  Try again, with something at least remotely scientific and peer reviewed.    I suppose it doesn't matter anyway...People have gone through this NDE thing with you in painstaking scientific detail, over the course of many months, and to the pain and suffering of everyone else reading along.  You should have actually LEARNED something by now.  Which is why I believe you to be a troll.
Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

..........scientific and peer reviewed............ Wink

You are a total joke Lady.  Smile

How can you expect something spiritual and superior to the physical-material aspect to be scrutinized by
the physical science?
Since when the small and inferior aspect can understand the big and superior aspect?

You never thought about it Lady, did you?  Bird

Lol, then why did you offer it up as "proof", Ricky, when it's not? Bet you never thought of that did you? [emoji57] If there isn't any way to scientifically prove your beliefs, just say so. It's so much easier on everyone that way.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
RE: Karma poll
(November 3, 2016 at 8:49 am)Little Rik Wrote: Now first he say......merging of action and awareness......and then he say......... loss of self-consciousness.........

That is bizarre Astr.  Panic
How can be possible to be aware when your consciousness is not active?

Ah.  Apparently your grasp of the English language is as execrably bad as your knowledge of neurology.  If you can't tell the difference between "unconsciousness" and "lack of self-consciousness," there's no hope for you.  One can be wide awake and not mentally focused on oneself -- A state that I regularly experience when working on some interesting task.

Yes, I have this "flow" thing figured out and active in My own life on a regular basis.  It's a great place to be.
(November 3, 2016 at 8:58 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Bet you never thought of that did you? [emoji57]

No no and no! The right emoji is I'm all ears! !!!
"Every luxury has a deep price. Every indulgence, a cosmic cost. Each fiber of pleasure you experience causes equivalent pain somewhere else. This is the first law of emodynamics [sic]. Joy can be neither created nor destroyed. The balance of happiness is constant.

Fact: Every time you eat a bite of cake, someone gets horsewhipped.

Facter: Every time two people kiss, an orphanage collapses.

Factest: Every time a baby is born, an innocent animal is severely mocked for its physical appearance. Don't be a pleasure hog. Your every smile is a dagger. Happiness is murder.

Vote "yes" on Proposition 1321. Think of some kids. Some kids."
(November 3, 2016 at 8:52 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 8:49 am)Little PRik Wrote: That guy is a nutcase.

Pot, Kettle anyone?

ROFLOL

Gee, I like Kettle chips.  Indubitably

[Image: Kettle-Sea-Salt-Potato-Chips-90g-300x300.jpg]
(November 3, 2016 at 9:01 am)Little Rik Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 8:52 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote: Pot, Kettle anyone?

ROFLOL

Gee, I like Kettle chips.  Indubitably

That is a fucking outrage, kettle chips are mostly made up of reincarnated young ballet dancers.

How could you?
You may refer to me as "Oh High One."
Karma poll
(November 3, 2016 at 9:00 am)Lucanus Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 8:58 am)LadyForCamus Wrote: Bet you never thought of that did you? [emoji57]

No no and no! The right emoji is I'm all ears! !!!

LOL. I think Ricky spends more time on deciding which emojis he's going to use in his responses than he does on their actual content.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(October 31, 2016 at 11:20 am)Astreja Wrote:
(October 31, 2016 at 10:41 am)Little Rik Wrote: You can keep your feet up on the desk for the next million years if you like.  
Nobody will tell you to put them down and get off your shining backside.
One day however it will be you that will realize that by doing this you are not getting anywhere.
Not only that but you also will realize that this physical dimension can not solve the main human problem
such as the permanent peace of mind.  Lightbulb

Now why would I even want "permanent peace of mind"?  I thrive on challenges and ongoing learning.  I'm also not the least bit interested in eternal life, so your philosophy contains nothing that I actually want.

In my experience curiosity gives me both excitement and peace of mind.

So permanent wonder would be, well, wonderful.
(November 3, 2016 at 9:15 am)SofaKingHigh Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 9:01 am)Little Rik Wrote: Gee, I like Kettle chips.  Indubitably

That is a fucking outrage, kettle chips are mostly made up of reincarnated young ballet dancers.

How could you?

Gee, I never thought about that Sof.  Indubitably

Now I know why when I eat them they squish in the mouth and when they get down in the stomach they
jump up and down.  Panic

That is bizarre Sof.  Huh

Thanks for unravel this mystery.  Thanks
(November 3, 2016 at 9:00 am)Astreja Wrote:
(November 3, 2016 at 8:49 am)Little Rik Wrote: Now first he say......merging of action and awareness......and then he say......... loss of self-consciousness.........

That is bizarre Astr.  Panic
How can be possible to be aware when your consciousness is not active?

Ah.  Apparently your grasp of the English language is as execrably bad as your knowledge of neurology.  If you can't tell the difference between "unconsciousness" and "lack of self-consciousness," there's no hope for you.  One can be wide awake and not mentally focused on oneself -- A state that I regularly experience when working on some interesting task.

Yes, I have this "flow" thing figured out and active in My own life on a regular basis.  It's a great place to be.

Confused again Astr.  Smile

Consciousness goes in degrees.  Indubitably
We got different degrees of consciousness all the time.
When you sleep the consciousness may be at a level 0.
As you wake up it may rose to level 1 or 2 and as soon as you are fully awake it will go up and up
according to your capabilities so your story about unconsciousness and lack of self-consciousness is
all very very confused and self complicated when the reality is very very simple to understand.  Lightbulb
Wow. Me and LR have something in common. I FUCKING ADORE Kettle Chips.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keep or Remove Religion Poll FrustratedFool 36 3031 December 11, 2023 at 2:40 am
Last Post: GrandizerII
  Karma's a ***! zwanzig 25 2003 August 5, 2023 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes? Mystical 27 3569 December 19, 2016 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mystical
  New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam Heat 2 1594 December 10, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gallup Poll Minimalist 2 1439 May 29, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Kittenshere Poll - Atheists Only! Darwinian 30 11072 September 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Poll: Do your beliefs match those of your peers? fr0d0 13 7070 May 20, 2009 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  The God Poll Darwinian 0 2473 September 25, 2008 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Darwinian