Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 27, 2024, 4:42 am

Poll: Wave the wand?
This poll is closed.
Yes
62.50%
10 62.50%
No
37.50%
6 37.50%
Total 16 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Keep or Remove Religion Poll
Keep or Remove Religion Poll
You get to wave a magic wand with the single power of having every person on the planet stop believing every religion (they simply no longer believe) and giving the guarantee that no one will ever believe any religion ever again.

Do you wave it?
RE: Keep or Remove Religion Poll
"Religion easily has the greatest bullshit story ever told. Think about it. Religion has actually convinced people that there's an invisible man living in the sky who watches everything you do, every minute of every day. And the invisible man has a special list of ten things he does not want you to do. And if you do any of these ten things he has a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry for ever and ever until the end of time. But he loves you! He loves you and he needs money!" (George Carlin 1937 – 2008)  Thinking
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)
Of course. Just look at the war in Palestine: they are not fighting for food or water or land, but because their fairytales are different. If religion suddenly disappeared, they would immediately stop fighting.
teachings of the Bible are so muddled and self-contradictory that it was possible for Christians to happily burn heretics alive for five long centuries. It was even possible for the most venerated patriarchs of the Church, like St. Augustine and St. Thomas Aquinas, to conclude that heretics should be tortured (Augustine) or killed outright (Aquinas). Martin Luther and John Calvin advocated the wholesale murder of heretics, apostates, Jews, and witches. - Sam Harris, "Letter To A Christian Nation"
I'd probably wave a wand to get rid of the life denying religions..though, tbh, they're only ever waving that wand themselves.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Of course not. I find religion to be a great source of amusement.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(December 5, 2023 at 8:48 am)FrustratedFool Wrote: You get to wave a magic wand with the single power of having every person on the planet stop believing every religion (they simply no longer believe) and giving the guarantee that no one will ever believe any religion ever again.

Do you wave it?

Can I also wave the majic wand and cure the dangerous crazies out there that seem to need a daddy in the sky watching over them threatening them with eternal torture to keep them from murdering and raping?

Not quite the same question, but if I woke up and every single Bible in the world had magically disappeared, I wouldn't shed a single tear. So much deplorable shit has been said and done in its name. It reminds me of the film The Book Of Eli which is possibly one of the most depressing films I've ever seen; basically in a post-apocalyptic world ravaged by war, of which you can imagine much of that was religiously motivated, one man, a prophet maybe/almost, strives to protect the last Bible in existence. I can't think of a more depressing premise for a film than that; it's basically brought the world to its knees, or played a large part in that, and still someone seeks to protect it as a precious symbol of hope. The irony is hard to stomach.
If I had the power, I still wouldn't have the right.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
I would, yes.

Yes.

And then I stab the wand maker with the remnant for making a wand with one power that can be used once!
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Prayers don't work so why do religious keep jabbing at it? Fake Messiah 65 9747 August 26, 2019 at 7:15 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Karma poll Little Rik 462 47555 December 28, 2016 at 9:12 am
Last Post: Little Rik
  Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes? Mystical 27 3491 December 19, 2016 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mystical
  Religion: a tool for the ruling class to keep the population under control? Veritas_Vincit 25 4153 June 30, 2016 at 12:04 pm
Last Post: henryp
  Religion hurts homosexuality but homosexuality kills religion? RozKek 43 10729 March 30, 2016 at 2:46 am
Last Post: robvalue
  Terrorism has no religion but religion brings terrorism. Islam is NOT peaceful. bussta33 13 4907 January 16, 2016 at 8:25 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam Heat 2 1572 December 10, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Religion's affect outside of religion Heat 67 19826 September 28, 2015 at 9:45 pm
Last Post: TheRocketSurgeon
  Vaginas Can't Keep Promises Nope 13 1981 February 2, 2015 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Nope
Rainbow Gay rights within the template of religion proves flaws in "religion" CristW 288 49327 November 21, 2014 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: DramaQueen