Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 4:47 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UK to leave EU
RE: UK to leave EU
The EU wants to force Britain to pay up to €60 billion to leave

Quote:It looks pretty bad for Britain. Michel Barnier, one of the European Commission's chief Brexit negotiators, wants to go after Britain on finances, forcing it to plug the financial gap created by Britain leaving the EU. The total bill is estimated to be between €40 billion (£34 billion) and €60 billion (£52 billion).

Found the link from here:

The 13 impossible crises that humanity now faces

Quote:This would be politically impossible for the government to pay, leading to a non-negotiated rupture and the hardest imaginable Brexit.

But from the same page, something to cheer up Bella:

Quote:Marine Le Pen has a moderate to fair chance of becoming the French president in May. Whether this would be sufficient to trigger the collapse of the EU is another unknown. If this is not a sufficient crisis, there are several others lining up (especially the growing nationalist movements across central and eastern Europe in particular, but to a lesser extent almost everywhere) that could catalyse a chain reaction. I believe that when this begins, it will happen with a speed that will take almost everyone by surprise. From one month to the next, the EU could cease to exist.

Edit: Damn, it's now only 60 harvests left, it was 100 last time I read about it.
The EU ceasing to exist one day cheers me up. The election of Marine Le Pen...not so much.

(November 25, 2016 at 6:02 am)Bella Morte Wrote: The EU ceasing to exist cheers me up. The election of Marine Le Pen...not so much.

Yeah, you're an absolute idiot. Impervious to any information if it doesn't come from the extreme right. Going against her very own interests. You don't even see the irony in your above statement. That the end of the EU is closely tied to the victory of the sorts of Le Pen. The ones who always had an anti gay agenda and wouldn't wipe their butts with the likes of you.

You don't get to be picky choosy when it comes to scum like that. You will be among the first to be fucked, and if it wasn't all of us on the receiving end sooner rather than later, I would have a good laugh at the wilfull ignorance on display. But as it is, it's people like you making it happen. Kind of a suicide mission, but as it is with suicide bombers, they always take innocent bystanders with them.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 25, 2016 at 6:19 am)abaris Wrote:
(November 25, 2016 at 6:02 am)Bella Morte Wrote: The EU ceasing to exist cheers me up. The election of Marine Le Pen...not so much.

Yeah, you're an absolute idiot. Impervious to any information if it doesn't come from the extreme right. Going against her very own interests. You don't even see the irony in your above statement. That the end of the EU is closely tied to the victory of the sorts of Le Pen. The ones who always had an anti gay agenda and wouldn't wipe their butts with the likes of you.

You don't get to be picky choosy when it comes to scum like that. You will be among the first to be fucked, and if it wasn't all of us on the receiving end sooner rather than later, I would have a good laugh at the wilfull ignorance on display. But as it is, it's people like you making it happen. Kind of a suicide mission, but as it is with suicide bombers, they always take innocent bystanders with them.

Aww, love ya too <3
(November 25, 2016 at 6:02 am)Bella Morte Wrote: The EU ceasing to exist one day cheers me up. [...]

Why? Since UK is getting out of it - what do you care whether EU exists, or not? Is it because you know it was a bad decision to leave and you don't want others to enjoy the benefits your country decided to opt out of? Surely, that would be a pretty c*nty attitude to have, wouldn't it?  Rolleyes
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
Perhaps Bella enjoys watching Europe figuratively burn?

I've always had my doubts about the EU due to it's "opt-out" culture of unfairness and unstable federalism. But then again, my interests are in fairness and justice for long term stability.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
Now the lead EU Brexit negotiatior is saying he supports the idea of associate citizenship and it might even be free for anyone who applies for it. However, they will obviously still have to vote on it.

http://news.sky.com/story/britons-could-...s-10672332

Quote:Britons could pay to retain the benefits of European Union citizenship after Brexit under plans being considered by MEPs.

Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament's lead Brexit negotiator, said he backed the proposal to allow UK citizens to "opt in" individually to EU membership.

Under the scheme, Britons would pay an annual fee to benefit from free movement around the EU, the right to reside in other European countries under existing rules and the right to vote in EU elections.

"Many say 'we don't want to cut our links'," Mr Verhofstadt told The Times.

"I like the idea that people who are European citizens and saying they want to keep it have the possibility of doing so. As a principle I like it."

Charles Goerens, an MEP from Luxembourg who put forward the idea, says the scheme could even be free for Britons.

He said: "If it is adopted, it must be a voluntary request made by each UK citizen.

"It was thought at the very beginning that they should have to pay a fee but that is a detail. Paying a fee or not is not the essence."
Then I honestly don't see the point of the EU.

They're back to the silly opt-in/opt-out games that started this whole mess. Little reason to fight for representation in the EU if you can wheedle out just the benefits.

They never learn - when you make ala carte federalism, people will rip you off the best they can. Then resent you for what little control they lost.

Such a suggestion may allow the UK to benefit disproportionately from other countries economies, sending money back home, while not extending the same benefit forwards. Only a spineless fool on the losing side with no vision would think that's acceptable.
Slave to the Patriarchy no more
(November 26, 2016 at 12:53 pm)Moros Synackaon Wrote: Such a suggestion may allow the UK to benefit disproportionately from other countries economies, sending money back home, while not extending the same benefit forwards. Only a spineless fool on the losing side with no vision would think that's acceptable.

They can suggest what they want. Even mandatory pink elephants floating from everyone's assholes. For something to make up a deal, it still takes two. That's what remains to be seen.
[Image: Bumper+Sticker+-+Asheville+-+Praise+Dog3.JPG]
(November 26, 2016 at 6:48 am)Bella Morte Wrote: Now the lead EU Brexit negotiatior is saying he supports the idea of associate citizenship and it might even be free for anyone who applies for it. However, they will obviously still have to vote on it.

http://news.sky.com/story/britons-could-...s-10672332

Quote:Britons could pay to retain the benefits of European Union citizenship after Brexit under plans being considered by MEPs.

Guy Verhofstadt, the European Parliament's lead Brexit negotiator, said he backed the proposal to allow UK citizens to "opt in" individually to EU membership.

Under the scheme, Britons would pay an annual fee to benefit from free movement around the EU, the right to reside in other European countries under existing rules and the right to vote in EU elections.

"Many say 'we don't want to cut our links'," Mr Verhofstadt told The Times.

"I like the idea that people who are European citizens and saying they want to keep it have the possibility of doing so. As a principle I like it."

Charles Goerens, an MEP from Luxembourg who put forward the idea, says the scheme could even be free for Britons.

He said: "If it is adopted, it must be a voluntary request made by each UK citizen.

"It was thought at the very beginning that they should have to pay a fee but that is a detail. Paying a fee or not is not the essence."

That whole nonsense is a solo run by a fringe member of the parliament which has itself nothing got to do with the negotiations.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Let's talk Parental Leave Cecelia 10 1063 October 17, 2021 at 8:25 am
Last Post: Spongebob
  Scotland could leave the UK, and join Canada instead, says author Isis 21 7424 April 8, 2017 at 12:33 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Merkel will pay migrants to leave Germany account_inactive 26 4844 February 12, 2017 at 3:28 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Hey Tim. Leave The God Shit to the Repulbicunts Minimalist 12 2517 October 4, 2016 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  EU: Should the UK Leave or Stay? Napoléon 255 22259 May 4, 2016 at 4:00 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
  Ben Carson Threatens to Leave GOP Minimalist 11 2075 December 11, 2015 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  Far-right rioters leave trail of destruction in Polish capital kılıç_mehmet 39 8773 November 20, 2013 at 9:39 am
Last Post: EgoRaptor
  French troops to leave Afghanistan Something completely different 23 8444 November 20, 2012 at 6:40 pm
Last Post: Brakeman