Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 10:20 am

Poll: Where you stand?
This poll is closed.
There is no karma and no future lives so criminals get off the hook
58.54%
24 58.54%
There is karma and nobody who commit crimes get off the hook.
7.32%
3 7.32%
I wouldn't know, in any case I don't care
34.15%
14 34.15%
Total 41 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Karma poll
RE: Karma poll
Tell us again lil rik how that small child that is dying of cancer or is being assaulted is receiving justice.
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

(November 28, 2016 at 5:19 am)Little Rik Wrote: 1) I just can not believe what I see Ton.  Panic
Well, that's a first. See if you can develop that skepticism further, and you might start to make some sense.

Quote:You seem an expert in NDEs but guess what.........even Dr. Parnia that spent endless time studying these
So you accept only the word of one person who studied them, but not anyone else who has researched it? Maybe this is where your problem lies.

Quote:If you ever would have read those NDEs experiences you would have deduced that karma is there.
How?
No, no, no. See, this is what I mean. NDEs are not indicative of any other plane of existence, yet here you are explaining how they are a tool of god for showing people something. And this, right after you sarcastically mocked my 'supposed expertise' on them. There will never be a shortage of hubris in the universe as long as you're here to 'educate' people on spirituality and karma and other bullshit, Rik.

But still-- you've got nothing but your own hyperactive imagination to go on, and that's not proof of anything aside from itself.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(November 28, 2016 at 8:31 am)chimp3 Wrote: Tell us again lil rik how that small child that is dying of cancer or is being assaulted is receiving justice.

If you look at the "karma" theory from this perspective, its pure agony. Its unbearable to accept that all bad stuff in life as your fault, because it was produced it previous life.
(November 28, 2016 at 8:37 am)Tonus Wrote:
(November 28, 2016 at 5:19 am)Little Rik Wrote: 1) I just can not believe what I see Ton.  Panic
Well, that's a first.  See if you can develop that skepticism further, and you might start to make some sense.

Actually I proceed on what make sense and what does not or what is working and what is not.
I try my best not to keep skepticism inside my mind for very long.
If something doesn't work I get rid very fast.  Lightbulb

The reason why I follow yoga is very simple.
It works.  Wink

Quote:You seem an expert in NDEs but guess what.........even Dr. Parnia that spent endless time studying these
Quote:So you accept only the word of one person who studied them, but not anyone else who has researched it? Maybe this is where your problem lies.

That is bizarre Ton.
We join this forum at the same time and yet you do not know the reason why I mention Dr. Parnia.
Never mind Ton, LR is here to help you to understand.  Lightbulb
In the beginning when I started talking about NDEs in this forum I did mention different NDEs studies but several people here said that I really should look at DR. Parnia work because he is the one who studied most these NDEs therefore he is the expert.
Now you contradict your fellow atheists saying that I really should look elsewhere.
For Christ'sake Ton can't you guys make up your mind on something?  Panic

Quote:If you ever would have read those NDEs experiences you would have deduced that karma is there.
How?
Quote:No, no, no.  See, this is what I mean.  NDEs are not indicative of any other plane of existence, yet here you are explaining how they are a tool of god for showing people something.  And this, right after you sarcastically mocked my 'supposed expertise' on them.  There will never be a shortage of hubris in the universe as long as you're here to 'educate' people on spirituality and karma and other bullshit, Rik.

But still-- you've got nothing but your own hyperactive imagination to go on, and that's not proof of anything aside from itself.

Wrong again Ton.  Banging Head On Desk

1) NDEs are surely indicative of an other plane of existence.
There is no evidence that a brain devoid of blood and oxygen can possibly create such a clear and sharp
visions and experiences as the NDEs therefore only the consciousness is left to witness such an experiences and this means that the consciousness is able to separate from a dead brain.
By this any person with a little bit of brain would understand that a separate dimension is there and the atheist dogma that with the physical death is all over is just a trifle of stupidity.

2) You guys always talk about logic and yet when the logic tell you that a brain devoid of blood and oxygen can not possibly create clear and sharp experiences you come down with hallucinations.
So who follow the logic and who follow the bullshit?  Lightbulb
(November 29, 2016 at 8:06 am)Little Rik Wrote: Actually I proceed on what make sense and what does not or what is working and what is not.
Yeah, I get the impression that you aren't much of a skeptic. And if life teaches us anything, it's that going by what 'makes sense' can fool us. Your wacky views on spirituality are evidence of that.

Quote:In the beginning when I started talking about NDEs in this forum I did mention different NDEs studies but several people here said that I really should look at DR. Parnia work because he is the one who studied most these NDEs therefore he is the expert.
Now you contradict your fellow atheists saying that I really should look elsewhere.
For Christ'sake Ton can't you guys make up your mind on something?
I wasn't among those telling you to check out Dr Parnia, and I doubt anyone told you to only use one source for your information. As for "you guys," atheists are not a monolithic block exactly because we aren't required to follow dogmatic belief systems. So it should not surprise you that we don't all make up our minds on something-- that's religion.

Quote:1) NDEs are surely indicative of an other plane of existence.
No, they're not. I repeat-- you cannot make up shit like this and back it with 'what makes sense' when you don't know what you are talking about.

Quote:2) You guys always talk about logic
What you're doing has nothing in common with logic. You are making a claim and making up an explanation out of thin air because it supports the dogma you want to believe. That isn't logic. It's self-delusion.
"Well, evolution is a theory. It is also a fact. And facts and theories are different things, not rungs in a hierarchy of increasing certainty. Facts are the world's data. Theories are structures of ideas that explain and interpret facts. Facts don't go away when scientists debate rival theories to explain them. Einstein's theory of gravitation replaced Newton's in this century, but apples didn't suspend themselves in midair, pending the outcome. And humans evolved from ape- like ancestors whether they did so by Darwin's proposed mechanism or by some other yet to be discovered."

-Stephen Jay Gould
(November 29, 2016 at 8:25 am)Tonus Wrote:
(November 29, 2016 at 8:06 am)Little Rik Wrote: Actually I proceed on what make sense and what does not or what is working and what is not.
Yeah, I get the impression that you aren't much of a skeptic.  And if life teaches us anything, it's that going by what 'makes sense' can fool us.  Your wacky views on spirituality are evidence of that.

When you take.......what make sense plus what it works.......and all that works then you can't go wrong
and yoga do work.  Lightbulb

Quote:In the beginning when I started talking about NDEs in this forum I did mention different NDEs studies but several people here said that I really should look at DR. Parnia work because he is the one who studied most these NDEs therefore he is the expert.
For Christ'sake Ton can't you guys make up your mind on something?
Quote:I wasn't among those telling you to check out Dr Parnia, and I doubt anyone told you to only use one source for your information.  As for "you guys," atheists are not a monolithic block exactly because we aren't required to follow dogmatic belief systems.  So it should not surprise you that we don't all make up our minds on something-- that's religion.

Wrong again Ton.  Banghead
Even religions are very very divided on everything.
Same same as atheism.
Do you know how many people follow Christianity, Buddhism, Islam or any other religion and yet they give a total different interpretation on the issue?

Quote:1) NDEs are surely indicative of an other plane of existence.
Quote:No, they're not.  I repeat-- you cannot make up shit like this and back it with 'what makes sense' when you don't know what you are talking about.

You see how wrong you are Ton.  Banging Head On Desk

I back up my statements with some logic material.
In this case is that a dead brain can not possibly come up with something clear and sharp as the NDEs
while you come up with absolutely nothing and yet you say that I am wrong and you are correct.
This is the real shit Ton.  Wink

You never thought about that Ton, did you?  Wink  

Quote:2) You guys always talk about logic
Quote:What you're doing has nothing in common with logic.  You are making a claim and making up an explanation out of thin air because it supports the dogma you want to believe.  That isn't logic.  It's self-delusion.

Ton, you are a complete joke.  Wink
You say that a dead brain is not dead and therefore it can create hallucinations and that these hallucinations are those NDEs experiences.
For God'sake Ton are you that dumb to confuse the realty with hallucinations?  Wink

(November 28, 2016 at 8:31 am)chimp3 Wrote: Tell us again lil rik how that small child that is dying of cancer or is being assaulted is receiving justice.

Very sad chimp.  Angel
Why you make up crap?
When did I say that that suffering child is receiving justice?
Didn't I instead say that anyone who is suffering is suffering because of previous actions in this but most probably in previous lives?
Is your memory that bad?  Panic
(November 29, 2016 at 9:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: When you take.......what make sense plus what it works.......and all that works then you can't go wrong
Your problem is that you pretend that things work when they don't. Self-delusion does not lead to truth.

Quote:Even religions are very very divided on everything.
Same same as atheism.
Then why are you confused that not all atheists would agree on something? This is exactly what I pointed out before-- you will change your story on a dime for the sake of convenience, even if it contradicts your previous point. You're literally just making it up as you go along.

Quote:I back up my statements with some logic material.
No, you don't. You make shit up and pretend that it's real. See above. Your imagination is neither proof nor evidence.

Quote:You say that a dead brain is not dead
See? More self-delusion. I never said that a dead brain is not dead. Or did you miss the part where they are called NEAR death experiences? It's called oxygen deprivation and it's a pretty well-understood circumstance.

You should probably stop banging your head on the desk, Rik. The damage is probably irreparable at this point but one can still hope.

-Stephen Jay Gould
(November 29, 2016 at 12:56 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(November 29, 2016 at 9:08 am)Little Rik Wrote: When you take.......what make sense plus what it works.......and all that works then you can't go wrong
Your problem is that you pretend that things work when they don't.  Self-delusion does not lead to truth.

So you can read my mind and know for sure that yoga does not give me peace of mind?
I got a tip for you Ton.
Go in the market places, set up a stall and read people mind for a fee.
You could become rich mate.
You never thought about it Ton, did you?  Bird

Quote:Even religions are very very divided on everything.
Same same as atheism.
Quote:Then why are you confused that not all atheists would agree on something?  This is exactly what I pointed out before-- you will change your story on a dime for the sake of convenience, even if it contradicts your previous point.  You're literally just making it up as you go along.

That is very silly Ton.
You are the one who came up with the story that only religious people
act like a monolithic block because they follow dogmatic beliefs.
They may well follow dogmatic beliefs and I believe that they do but these beliefs are not all the same
as you can see in all religions in which there are a myriad of interpretation on the same subject or issue.
According to you atheists do not follow dogmatic beliefs?
What a joke Ton.
Don't atheists keep on saying that the consciousness is a product of the brain and with the physical death is all over?
Oh, Ton, I am so sorry I should have say that only 99% of the atheists believe in these dogma and that my mate Ton doesn't because he represent that 1%.
Will you ever excuse and pardon LR?  Worship

Quote:I back up my statements with some logic material.
Quote:No, you don't.  You make shit up and pretend that it's real.  See above.  Your imagination is neither proof nor evidence.

It is real that a brain devoid of oxygen and blood can not possibly create NDEs that is why I follow logic while Ton doesn't.  Lightbulb

Quote:You say that a dead brain is not dead
Quote:See?  More self-delusion.  I never said that a dead brain is not dead.  Or did you miss the part where they are called NEAR death experiences?  It's called oxygen deprivation and it's a pretty well-understood circumstance.
You should probably stop banging your head on the desk, Rik.  The damage is probably irreparable at this point but one can still hope.

Oxygen deprivation...... Wink

And the blood deprivation?
Ok, then.
In this case please tell me whether a brain devoid of blood and oxygen is capable of creating clear and sharp visions and experiences such as the NDEs and whether these experiences can be remembered very well after years and years considering that they were created as you say by a brain that was not dead?
Oh maybe not Ton.
Now you will come up with the story that you never said anything like this so what is your idea about the NDEs.
Where they come from?
Is all hallucination?
Is all imagination?
All these thousand people make up the story about the NDEs?
Let us hear your story Ton.  I'm all ears!
(November 30, 2016 at 9:54 am)Little Rik Wrote: So you can read my mind and know for sure that yoga does not give me peace of mind?
I can read your posts and know for sure that you're delusional.

Quote:You are the one who came up with the story that only religious people
I was pointing out that your attempt to treat atheists as a monolithic block is not sensible.

Quote:Don't atheists keep on saying that the consciousness is a product of the brain and with the physical death is all over?
Probably. So does scientific research.

Quote:It is real that a brain devoid of oxygen and blood can not possibly create NDEs that is why I follow logic while Ton doesn't.
And... your statement makes no sense. It's beautifully ironic, though. Your lack of self-awareness makes you seem charming every now and then.

Quote:Oxygen deprivation......  Wink

Ok, then.
In this case please tell me whether a brain devoid of blood and oxygen is capable of creating clear and sharp visions and experiences such as the NDEs and whether these experiences can be remembered very well after years and years considering that they were created as you say by a brain that was not dead?
You do understand that blood is what brings oxygen to the brain, right?

Second, you are aware that human memory is not a recording that can be reliably accessed time and again, but that we reconstruct our memories every time we recall them so that the "clarity" and "sharpness" of those NDE experiences is bullshit? That eyewitness testimony is the least reliable kind of evidence there is, especially when it's being given by someone whose brain was oxygen-starved at the time?

I'm kidding, Rik. I'm pretty sure you're not aware of either of those and will remain unaware of them regardless of how many times it's brought to your attention. But that's okay! You don't have to accept reality for it to continue to work as it always has.

-Stephen Jay Gould
(November 30, 2016 at 1:06 pm)Tonus Wrote:
(November 30, 2016 at 9:54 am)Little Rik Wrote: So you can read my mind and know for sure that yoga does not give me peace of mind?
I can read your posts and know for sure that you're delusional.

ROFLOL

This type of comment come from someone who surely must believe that the universe pop up as per magic and nobody run it.  Wink

Quote:You are the one who came up with the story that only religious people
Quote:I was pointing out that your attempt to treat atheists as a monolithic block is not sensible.

Didn't I say that 1% of atheists do not?  Smile

Quote:Don't atheists keep on saying that the consciousness is a product of the brain and with the physical death is all over?
Quote:Probably.  So does scientific research.

Sorry Ton but when any research can not come up with solid evidence then all their researches are like farts.  Smile

Quote:It is real that a brain devoid of oxygen and blood can not possibly create NDEs that is why I follow logic while Ton doesn't.
Quote:And... your statement makes no sense.  It's beautifully ironic, though.  Your lack of self-awareness makes you seem charming every now and then.

A typical answer made in order to throw mud in the clean and clear water.  Smile  

Quote:Oxygen deprivation......  Wink

Ok, then.
Quote:You do understand that blood is what brings oxygen to the brain, right?

You do understand that blood along with oxygen are both important.
Blood beside bringing oxygen to the brain feed the brain as well.  Lightbulb

Quote:Second, you are aware that human memory is not a recording that can be reliably accessed time and again, but that we reconstruct our memories every time we recall them so that the "clarity" and "sharpness" of those NDE experiences is bullshit?  That eyewitness testimony is the least reliable kind of evidence there is, especially when it's being given by someone whose brain was oxygen-starved at the time?

I'm kidding, Rik.  I'm pretty sure you're not aware of either of those and will remain unaware of them regardless of how many times it's brought to your attention.  But that's okay!  You don't have to accept reality for it to continue to work as it always has.

Wrong again Ton.  Banging Head On Desk

Once again your dogma that the brain can do this or that takes away the logic.
The brain is like the hard drive of a computer.
It is just a storage of information.
That's all.
It is the consciousness that tell the brain to open up this storage of information and give that to your I
if of course the I is strong enough.
Further more information can also come from our subconscious mind if of course also in this case we are
strong enough and to be strong a person need a lot of consciousness but this is something that you will
understand later on probably in the next life or two.

Have a good day son.  Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Keep or Remove Religion Poll FrustratedFool 39 3437 June 12, 2024 at 11:07 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Karma's a ***! zwanzig 25 2102 August 5, 2023 at 11:56 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Poll: Christians, is this man a hero or a Grinch in your eyes? Mystical 27 3644 December 19, 2016 at 10:01 am
Last Post: Mystical
  New Pew Research poll - Muslims opinions on Islam Heat 2 1607 December 10, 2015 at 11:47 am
Last Post: Minimalist
  Gallup Poll Minimalist 2 1447 May 29, 2013 at 1:43 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Kittenshere Poll - Atheists Only! Darwinian 30 11110 September 9, 2009 at 3:33 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  Poll: Do your beliefs match those of your peers? fr0d0 13 7100 May 20, 2009 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: fr0d0
  The God Poll Darwinian 0 2500 September 25, 2008 at 4:02 am
Last Post: Darwinian