Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 4:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breaking News: Atheism is uncool
RE: Breaking News: Atheism is uncool
(May 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 8:02 pm)emjay Wrote: Okay, I'm gonna give you a test... what is:
a) the thing you put your luggage in at the back of a car?
b) the ground you walk on next to a road?
c) the thing that stops you getting bugs in your mouth while driving a car?

Big Grin

a) the trunk
b) the sidewalk
c) the windshield

Tbh all three of yours do make more sense Wink Especially trunk... as in like the trunks on the back of a horse and carriage.
(May 24, 2017 at 8:14 pm)emjay Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 8:10 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: a) the boot
b) footpath
c) in a car it's the windscreen, on a bike it's my helmet

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're just like us! Big Grin

But just checking... footpath or p.....? Wink

I personally call it a footpath.

Others call it the pavement.

When I'm driving I call it the "potential pedestrian target zone".

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(May 24, 2017 at 8:15 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 8:14 pm)emjay Wrote: But just checking... footpath or p.....? Wink

I'm guessing you're looking for pathway?

Nope. Wink
(May 24, 2017 at 8:15 pm)emjay Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 8:12 pm)Lutrinae Wrote: a) the trunk
b) the sidewalk
c) the windshield

Tbh all three of yours do make more sense Wink Especially trunk... as in like the trunks on the back of a horse and carriage.

Precisely.

Sidewalk: walking on the side of the road.
Windshield: shield from the wind, it's not a window screen one finds in a house.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(May 24, 2017 at 8:16 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 8:14 pm)emjay Wrote: Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! You're just like us! Big Grin

But just checking... footpath or p.....? Wink

I personally call it a footpath.

Others call it the pavement.

When I'm driving I call it the "potential pedestrian target zone".

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! plus ROFLOL

(May 24, 2017 at 8:17 pm)Lutrinae Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 8:15 pm)emjay Wrote: Tbh all three of yours do make more sense Wink Especially trunk... as in like the trunks on the back of a horse and carriage.

Precisely.

Sidewalk: walking on the side of the road.
Windshield: shield from the wind, it's not a window screen one finds in a house.

But it does screen you from the wind... so that one's a bit could-go-either-way, but the other two I think definitely make more sense your way.
(May 24, 2017 at 7:57 pm)emjay Wrote: I've never heard of them but they look/sound a bit like Christian Rock Music meets Bon Jovi from the early days. Tbh, it didn't sound that bad to me Blush Definitely had a Bon Jovi feel to it going on.

It was the worst of Christianity combined with hair metal. Fuck that shit.

'Course, I was into Rush, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest. 'Nuff said.

When I was a Christian, I preferred Michael W Smith's music.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Is it my imagination or is/was Evanescence a Christian band? I know that at least some of their members were Christians and at least one of their songs could be talking about Christianity... though not particularly overtly... can't remember which one it is though... I'll have to look that up.
(May 24, 2017 at 12:03 pm)LostLocke Wrote: Did you read the responses to this article? Even the Catholics are coming out to call bullshit on it.
Me thinks this is a troll posting as a "Catholic" for that site.  Wink

I don't know..... I've known a lot of catholicks and plenty of them are pretty dumb.
(May 24, 2017 at 8:47 pm)Thumpalumpacus Wrote:
(May 24, 2017 at 7:57 pm)emjay Wrote: I've never heard of them but they look/sound a bit like Christian Rock Music meets Bon Jovi from the early days. Tbh, it didn't sound that bad to me Blush Definitely had a Bon Jovi feel to it going on.

It was the worst of Christianity combined with hair metal. Fuck that shit.

'Course, I was into Rush, Iron Maiden, Black Sabbath, and Judas Priest. 'Nuff said.

Nah, I never got into any of those at all. I grew up with Bon Jovi... soft rock rather than hard rock. Except Sepultura... I grew up with that as well.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Faux News: Atheism is a religion, too TaraJo 53 25771 October 9, 2018 at 10:13 pm
Last Post: Alan V
  Atheism VS Christian Atheism? IanHulett 80 29119 June 13, 2017 at 11:09 am
Last Post: vorlon13
  Atheism, Scientific Atheism and Antitheism tantric 33 13364 January 18, 2015 at 1:05 pm
Last Post: helyott
  Strong/Gnostic Atheism and Weak/Agnostic Atheism Dystopia 26 12641 August 30, 2014 at 1:34 pm
Last Post: Dawsonite
  Debate share, young earth? atheism coverup? atheism gain? xr34p3rx 13 10797 March 16, 2014 at 11:30 am
Last Post: fr0d0
  A different definition of atheism. Atheism isn't simply lack of belief in god/s fr0d0 14 12429 August 1, 2012 at 2:54 pm
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  "Old" atheism, "New"atheism, atheism 3.0, WTF? leo-rcc 69 39574 February 2, 2010 at 3:29 am
Last Post: tackattack