Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breastfeeding in public
RE: Breastfeeding in public
Yes, that's true, Valkyrie.
Alex made some great points too upthread. I never realized there was what I call a mommy mafia until I had my own child. Mothers can be very judgmental with other mothers on issues of child-raising. I've mostly avoided the mommy mafia - my daughter is 10 now and I can see them coming from a mile away now lol

-Teresa
(June 13, 2017 at 9:12 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: Yes, that's true, Valkyrie.
Alex made some great points too upthread. I never realized there was what I call a mommy mafia until I had my own child. Mothers can be very judgmental with other mothers on issues of child-raising. I've mostly avoided the mommy mafia - my daughter is 10 now and I can see them coming from a mile away now lol

-Teresa

You need a tommy gun.

Mafia people respect those who shoot them with Tommy guns...

Big Grin

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

-Teresa

Hey, I think I said take it somewhere else lady!

(don't hit me, joke, snork)
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
(June 13, 2017 at 9:14 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:

-Teresa

Hey, I think I said take it somewhere else lady!

(don't hit me, joke, snork)

Lol you're lucky I like your jokes, mh Wink

(June 13, 2017 at 9:13 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

-Teresa

You need a tommy gun.

Big Grin

That's great advice!  Smile

-Teresa
(June 11, 2017 at 10:14 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(June 11, 2017 at 9:46 pm)bennyboy Wrote: I got the ban hammer dropped at me once because I showed an assortment of nude images, including some of naked children playing on the beach.  In this case, there was a 100% disconnect between my views of what is sexual or dirty, and those of others-- so much of a disconnect that the mods (and others) literally couldn't understand how I couldn't realize that those pictures of kids were dirty, sexual, inappropriate images; and that I couldn't understand how THEY could possibly view children, in any context at all, as sexual objects.  They felt disturbed by my view, and I felt disturbed by theirs.  

Your repeated mischaracterization of that incident is curious, seeing as we have explained multiple times why we temp banned you.

We did not view the picture of the naked child as sexual. We viewed it as someone else's child that you hotlinked and posted a picture of---without that child's permission or the permission of the parents. We have a blanket rule that no pictures of naked children will be posted on this site, period. Rather than parse which children gave permission for their naked bodies to be displayed for a bunch of internet strangers, we decided to err on the side of caution. I understand that you don't agree with this rule. But don't try to make it out like we think children are always sexual objects.

You're a god damned adult. Act like one.

^^^this
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I have to laugh. I talked with my 30 YO son about this. He was kind of grossed out. I explained that his mother had nursed him in public, and that he might want to think about this before he gets married to some independent-minded woman who is going to feed her baby when it needs it, and that the blue noses can go suck eggs. As I said before, I have no problem with a woman nursing. I think that it is a problem for the people who want to control it. Too bad for them.

Example of the problem: I do wood working. Some person posted a silhouette of a woman, painted pink, with hair (I think) painted black, cut out of thin plywood. One member complained that his 14 year old son visited that site, and he didn't want him to see that. Rolleyes I told him that unless he was in his son's pocket for his son's entire life, his son has for sure seen pictures of actual naked ladies on the internet, or in magazines. My kids knew about sex and reproduction before they were 14, FFS.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(June 13, 2017 at 9:06 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:
(June 13, 2017 at 9:03 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: I nursed my kid for 3 years and I was never comfortable with giving strangers around me a full on view of my nipples. I used a "Hooter Hider" - no lie, that's what it's called lol - that was sort of like an apron. I once cleared out a room at a party unintentionally when I was getting ready to feed the kid and people saw what I was doing. I looked up and - oops - everyone left. Who am I to tell them they should stick around and get over it?

What I do have a problem with is people telling women where they can and can't nurse. It seems like we women get bossed around enough when it comes to our bodies, how about letting us decide what's best for ourselves and our kids?

-Teresa

Because conservative white men know better what is good for women than women do, of course.

Perhaps Valky would know, but don't white men -strictly speaking- hold property rights over the bodies of women? I'll take my answer off the air (and half way around the globe). Big Grin
(June 13, 2017 at 10:02 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(June 13, 2017 at 9:06 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Because conservative white men know better what is good for women than women do, of course.

Perhaps Valky would know, but don't white men -strictly speaking- hold property rights over the bodies of women?  I'll take my answer off the air (and half way around the globe).   Big Grin

Jesus christ on a bike, Whateverist  Big Grin Big Grin

-Teresa
I've alluded to this before, but if there was an auditorium full of women breastfeeding their babies, and one hot, hairy, hunky janitor emptying a trash can, I know later on I could pass a polygraph exam while asserting the auditorium was empty except for the hot guy.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(June 13, 2017 at 9:13 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote:

-Teresa

You need a tommy gun.

Big Grin

Uh we do? 

*The Sicilian shoots the Australian a stern look*
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.