Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 7:19 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Breastfeeding in public
RE: Breastfeeding in public
(June 14, 2017 at 9:15 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote:
(June 11, 2017 at 6:29 pm)Nymphadora Wrote: Wasn't sure where to put this, so if it needs to be moved, by all means. 

So my brother posted something on facebook about the US being the only country that does not protect breastfeeding outside of the home. He is a huge proponent of mothers being able to breastfeed wherever and whenever they need to because their child is hungry. 

I agree with this. If a baby is hungry, a mother should be able to feed her child, no matter where she is. Others did not agree and went on to say that women should cover up their child or shouldn't "flop out their boobs" in public. 

I'd like to get a decent discussion going on this here. What are your thoughts on a mother's right to breastfeed in public and do you feel that she should have to cover up her child, even when there is a heatwave?

There's a time and place for that and it's not out in the open. Just as normal people don't have sex out in the public because it's not moral and/or aesthetic, not to mention it's illegal in many countries, it should be the same with breastfeeding.

Let's just make it illegal to eat in public, that way I don't have to see those gross bastards who chew with their mouths open, amirite?

(June 15, 2017 at 9:01 am)Atheist_BG Wrote:
(June 15, 2017 at 8:11 am)bennyboy Wrote: I've seen double-D's on men.

Idk what that is but if it is what I suspect it is, no men with that kind of body would take off their shirt and show off.

You are so so so wrong on this. They do take their shirts off and they don't care who sees all of it. They are men. It's what they do.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(June 15, 2017 at 10:09 am)Nymphadora Wrote:
(June 15, 2017 at 9:01 am)Atheist_BG Wrote: Idk what that is but if it is what I suspect it is, no men with that kind of body would take off their shirt and show off.

You are so so so wrong on this. They do take their shirts off and they don't care who sees all of it. They are men. It's what they do.

Errrmmmm. . . just an aside, Nymph, but why do your religious views talk about God being a narcissist, but in Korean?

Are you in Korea?  Cuz I am.
JamieB Wrote:Please don't make it more difficult for woman to be mothers because you see a boob.

Of course not. I'm not saying cover it up or else. Breast feeding is not something alien or weird but you know, as a man, if I see a woman breast feeding in public I'm just going to feel weirded out. It's a rarity to see it in the first place because well even most women are embarrassed and would rather do it in private. I have seen women doing it in public but were clueless to obvious exposure and then you have weirdos perving - in those situation I see other women helping out or subtly asking her to cover it up. I've never personally witnessed a man asking a stranger woman to cover it up or else - that's a made up issue you don't have to worry about. Anyways, just giving my thoughts on the whole thing, I hope you didn't take it the wrong way.
(June 15, 2017 at 10:57 am)pool the matey Wrote: as a man, if I see a woman breast feeding in public I'm just going to feel weirded out

That's because you don't see women's breasts in public often. The remedy for your feelings of strangeness isn't to force half the population to hide half their bodies. It's to take a logical look at the issue and realize that breasts are NOT sex organs, for you to drool over and jerk off to. They are nurturing organs, for babies to drool over and drink from.

In short, your feelings are wrong. You need to get different ones.
(June 15, 2017 at 11:54 am)bennyboy Wrote:  They are nurturing organs, for babies to drool over and drink from.

WARNING, DO NOT VIEW THIS IF YOU ARE EASILY DISTURBED

"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(June 15, 2017 at 9:35 am)LastPoet Wrote:
(June 15, 2017 at 9:26 am)mh.brewer Wrote: Burkas for all???

I wouldn't worry much about him Angry

https://atheistforums.org/user-9610.html

What does that have to with anything, not to mention with the topic, mr. drunkard? I made that profile because I had forgotten my username, password and e-mail after a long time of not visiting this forum. I didn't bother remembering this data because my browser used to that for me. But since I changed browsers, the new browser was unable to import the data from the old one. And if it wasn't for Catholic_Lady (a member of this forum) to remind me at least the username, I'd still be logging in as rado84. So now the admins are free to delete the rado84 profile, if they want.

(June 15, 2017 at 10:07 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: Let's just make it illegal to eat in public, that way I don't have to see those gross bastards who chew with their mouths open, amirite?

If I'm not mistaken, the author of the topic asked for our opinions, so I stated mine. If you or anyone else doesn't like it, that's not my problem.

[Image: 2bbe6453d4.png]
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
bennyboy Wrote:That's because you don't see women's breasts in public often.

Yeah,pretty sure that's not it.

Quote:The remedy for your feelings of strangeness isn't to force half the population to hide half their bodies.

Who said anything about forcing anyone? ? and lol you can't just tell people what they should or shouldn't get weirded about - that's the weirdest thing I've ever heard Wink

Quote:It's to take a logical look at the issue and realize that breasts are NOT sex organs, for you to drool over and jerk off to.

Wow, okay dude, sorry for getting turned on by bewbs. I guess I'm not very logical. I think I can live without that level of logic thanks

Quote:In short, your feelings are wrong. You need to get different ones.

I hope this was a joke. You don't actually think that do you?
(June 15, 2017 at 10:35 am)bennyboy Wrote:
(June 15, 2017 at 10:09 am)Nymphadora Wrote: You are so so so wrong on this. They do take their shirts off and they don't care who sees all of it. They are men. It's what they do.

Errrmmmm. . . just an aside, Nymph, but why do your religious views talk about God being a narcissist, but in Korean?

Are you in Korea?  Cuz I am.

Because I think Hangul is pretty and one of these days, my daughter would like to visit her favorite Kpop group that lives there.

(June 15, 2017 at 10:57 am)pool the matey Wrote:
JamieB Wrote:Please don't make it more difficult for woman to be mothers because you see a boob.

Of course not. I'm not saying cover it up or else. Breast feeding is not something alien or weird but you know, as a man, if I see a woman breast feeding in public I'm just going to feel weirded out.

That onus is on you. Not anyone else. 

Quote:It's a rarity to see it in the first place because well even most women are embarrassed

I'd like to see actual statistics on this. Otherwise, this is purely your own opinion. 

Quote:and would rather do it in private.

Again, stats on this "opinion" of yours.

Quote:I have seen women doing it in public but were clueless to obvious exposure

Pretty sure a nursing mom isn't clueless about exposure. And I'm also pretty sure you are over exaggerating what might have been an isolated incident. But we'll never know. 

Quote:and then you have weirdos perving - in those situation I see other women helping out or subtly asking her to cover it up.
Then those "weirdos perving" and those "other women" are the ones with the issues. Not the nursing mother. IJS.

Quote:I've never personally witnessed a man asking a stranger woman to cover it up or else - that's a made up issue you don't have to worry about.

see my bold in your statement above. Contradict much?

Quote:Anyways, just giving my thoughts on the whole thing, I hope you didn't take it the wrong way.

I'd like to not take it the wrong way, but you put your opinion out there and all we can do is discuss it.

(June 15, 2017 at 12:50 pm)Atheist_BG Wrote: If I'm not mistaken, the author of the topic asked for our opinions, so I stated mine. If you or anyone else doesn't like it, that's not my problem.

I did ask for opinions. And if you're brazen enough to share them, we're going to be brazen enough to discuss why some people may or may not think you're wrong. This is a discussion, after all. 

If people don't want their opinions picked apart, they shouldn't share them.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
(June 15, 2017 at 10:57 am)pool the matey Wrote:

Of course not. I'm not saying cover it up or else. Breast feeding is not something alien or weird but you know, as a man, if I see a woman breast feeding in public I'm just going to feel weirded out. It's a rarity to see it in the first place because well even most women are embarrassed and would rather do it in private. I have seen women doing it in public but were clueless to obvious exposure and then you have weirdos perving - in those situation I see other women helping out or subtly asking her to cover it up. I've never personally witnessed a man asking a stranger woman to cover it up or else - that's a made up issue you don't have to worry about. Anyways, just giving my thoughts on the whole thing, I hope you didn't take it the wrong way.
That's fine to express your thoughts, and I'm not offended by them. I just believe the problem lies with the observer not the boob.
I was a born-again christian for many years then I got woke.. and now life is better in so many ways. It's taking me time to see my value and find my voice, but the reward is liberating knowing my path is not dictated or controlled by fear of death and the unknown.  Casting off the shackles of religion is pretty fucking awesome. The beautiful people I've met on this forum have more heart and compassion than any group of people I've been apart of. So back off Jesus and followers, because this bitch is done with Chu.  Shy