Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 12:34 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Quote For Atheist to consider :
RE: A Quote For Atheist to consider :
(July 23, 2011 at 1:27 am)GodIsRealOrNothingMakesSince Wrote: Science and atheism must be one otherwise what is your basis for your beliefs? What evidence do you have to support it if science is not apart of Atheism.

If Science and Atheism are one then;

1. There are no Christian scientists
2. There are no atheists prior to the scientific method.

Both are false so necessarily Atheism and Science are not one in the same.

There are no 'parts' of atheism either, it is a single thing, the lack of a belief in a deity. Before the scientific method was established many people rejected the concept of God on philosophical grounds.
Quote:Ok lets pretend for a moment you believed there was a God.

Fuck you. Let's not.

Feel free to believe in all the ridiculous horseshit you like but when you come here, drop your pants and bend over do not be surprised when your stupid ass gets kicked.

As you may have figured out by now, you are not the first moron to show up.
But nothing makes since what? SINCE WHEN?!
(July 23, 2011 at 1:45 am)FaithNoMore Wrote:
(July 23, 2011 at 1:27 am)GodIsRealOrNothingMakesSince Wrote: Science and atheism must be one otherwise what is your basis for your beliefs? What evidence do you have to support it if science is not apart of Atheism?

See, you don't know anything about atheism. It is simply a lack of belief in god, which requires no evidence other than a healthy disbelief for religion. Unlike you, we are happy to say we don't have the answer to something. We don't believe we have all the answers nor does being an atheist require us to. We are content with saying we don't fully understand something. The difference is when you don't understand something, you claim it must be god, and we do not.

Well then requires a much deeper discussion on specific issues you have with the bible. Which I'm willing to get into if you really want to but I'll bet most have to do with God defying some sort of law of science or physics which canbe answered by, as I said before, God is the one who CREATED the laws of science in the first place and doesnt have to follow them.
By the way, it is "sense", as in "Nothing makes sense", you cretinous moron.

Can't even proselytize right...
(July 23, 2011 at 2:03 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Ok lets pretend for a moment you believed there was a God.

Fuck you. Let's not.

Feel free to believe in all the ridiculous horseshit you like but when you come here, drop your pants and bend over do not be surprised when your stupid ass gets kicked.

As you may have figured out by now, you are not the first moron to show up.

Oh what a surprise yet another person just insulting me and avoiding discussing what was actually said. And then there's others who are just correcting grammar things. I can't say I'm surprised at all I actually expected all that and what iv found from my many debate on many different things with people is they resort to this sort of thing when they're stuck for something to say in responce to what you said or it just angers them and they are trying to insult back even though no insult was said..
(July 23, 2011 at 2:24 am)TheAtheistTroll Wrote: But nothing makes since what? SINCE WHEN?!

And another...
(July 23, 2011 at 2:39 am)Moros Synackaon Wrote: By the way, it is "sense", as in "Nothing makes sense", you cretinous moron.

Can't even proselytize right...

AND another... What a surprise...

I assume your lack of an ability at the English language is the reason why we've been duped into thinking you've made no actual points yet, then?
Hello, I'm the Atheist Troll.
Twitter
Youtube

(July 23, 2011 at 2:33 am)GodIsRealOrNothingMakesSince Wrote: Well then requires a much deeper discussion on specific issues you have with the bible. Which I'm willing to get into if you really want to but I'll bet most have to do with God defying some sort of law of science or physics which canbe answered by, as I said before, God is the one who CREATED the laws of science in the first place and doesnt have to follow them.

You're new to all of this huh? Must be, you have such an elementary understanding of the subject.

I'll make this as simple as possible; If YOU are claiming that a God exists then it's up to YOU to provide us with a reason to believe you. We reject the existence of God because we do not find any of the arguments presented for his existence to be convincing and the standards of evidence raised in defence of the concept, such as personal experience, is of such a poor quality that it can yield innumerable contractions.

Now, can you please define God as you understand it, then tell us why we should believe that this thing exists?
(July 23, 2011 at 2:43 am)TheAtheistTroll Wrote: I assume your lack of an ability at the English language is the reason why we've been duped into thinking you've made no actual points yet, then?
Oh and guess what? Yet another post that has NO ties to the actual post and is just inadvertently insulting me on grammer. You guys are really showing your true colors and intelligence and willingness to have an intellectual collective discussion free of meaningless bullcrap that is not contructive....
(July 23, 2011 at 2:33 am)GodIsRealOrNothingMakesSince Wrote: Well then requires a much deeper discussion on specific issues you have with the bible. Which I'm willing to get into if you really want to but I'll bet most have to do with God defying some sort of law of science or physics which canbe answered by, as I said before, God is the one who CREATED the laws of science in the first place and doesnt have to follow them.

I'm going to clear the air right now. My distaste for the bible has NOTHING to do with science. It has to do with its faux philosophical musings and silly superstitions. It has to do with the contradictory nature of god and the ridiculous notion that a deity is watching over us at every moment. It has to do with the propagation of fear and the silly belief in an afterlife.

You are under a gross misconception that science is the religion for atheists and it is what we use to determine our religious beliefs. While many atheists do love science, it serves nothing more than a reminder as to why we're not religious in the first place.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What beliefs would we consider reasonable for a self proclaimed Christian to hold? Whateverist 853 90374 April 16, 2018 at 4:26 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hitler Quote Shining_Finger 23 5642 January 1, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why do so many of you quote the bible and do nothing what says in it Phish 52 19897 March 12, 2013 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  What's the funniest or most ridiculous bible quote you have ever heard or read? icantstandfundies 30 13903 May 20, 2012 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Love this quote, enjoy if you like a bit of dawkins Captain Scarlet 3 3004 August 18, 2010 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused