Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 23, 2024, 2:25 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Quote For Atheist to consider :
RE: A Quote For Atheist to consider :
::raises hand::

Convert me.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 23, 2011 at 11:34 am)Rhythm Wrote: You would think that a person would familiarize themselves with reality before arguing against it. When observations do not match the model it is nearly always the fault of the model. Most of our observations of the world around us do not support the christian concept of god, they do support things like "the big bang", abiogenesis, and evolution. Refine your model christian, its showing it's age.

I'm not so close minded of a christian to not consider that maybe God created the big bang. God is a very vast and uncontainable being that you can't just put in a box and conform to what you want. I'm not even out of the realm of thinking that maybe God created other life. Why should I be so close minded and selfish to limit God and to think that God does not have the capability to create other life and sustain it just as equally.
You keep talking about God, the Big Bang (which actually occurred .000..01 sec. post-whateverwasthere), etc. Yet, you are supposedly a Christian. How does telling people that they will go to hell for not believing, all the while taking up money in the institution not seem fishy??
A "God of the big bang" wouldn't really mesh with christian mythology. If one were to accept "the big bang" and subsequently the rest of mans conclusions about the material world. One would be left with a god only invoked to answer the first cause. Miracles and prophecy would still be impossible in this world. The Christ myth would still be myth. It would not be the christian god that ultimately watched over you.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(July 23, 2011 at 12:58 pm)Rhythm Wrote: A "God of the big bang" wouldn't really mesh with christian mythology. If one were to accept "the big bang" and subsequently the rest of mans conclusions about the material world. One would be left with a god only invoked to answer the first cause. Miracles and prophecy would still be impossible in this world. The Christ myth would still be myth. It would not be the christian god that ultimately watched over you.

There are actually a host of Christians who mesh their ideology with evolution, the big bang, and all manners of physics. You have to remember that these are the same people who believe in talking snakes. I do not think logic will penetrate their fear of hell - which is why they accept the Christian religion in the first place.
Oh IDK, hell has always gotten a glossy treatment with children. Nowadays the gloss bleeds over to adult worship as well. It's being redefined as "a separation from god". Less phobia-worthy.
(July 23, 2011 at 1:27 am)GodIsRealOrNothingMakesSince Wrote: Science and atheism must be one otherwise what is your basis for your beliefs? What evidence do you have to support it if science is not apart of Atheism?

Let's clear this up right now. Atheism isn't a belief - it makes no claims whatsoever. It's absence of belief in deities. We don't need evidence to not believe something. If you want someone to believe something, he burden is on you to prove it, to their satisfaction.

Incidentally, your first post was one big strawman argument. It may be true that many atheists believe those things, but none of them have anything to do with atheism. Atheism is simply the lack of belief in deities, nothing less, nothing more.
Godhead, you say god created everything.
I say everything has always existed ( no creator ).
Prove me wrong.
HuhA man is born to a virgin mother, lives, dies, comes alive again and then disappears into the clouds to become his Dad. How likely is that?
I want both of you and anybody else involved in this post to please go and watch this :
http://www.hulu.com/watch/141396/case-for-christ
and then come back and continue the discussion and tell me what you think. Its a very good watch.
Can't watch it unless you are in America, which I am not...
[Image: cinjin_banner_border.jpg]

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What beliefs would we consider reasonable for a self proclaimed Christian to hold? Whateverist 853 90380 April 16, 2018 at 4:26 am
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  Hitler Quote Shining_Finger 23 5642 January 1, 2016 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Why do so many of you quote the bible and do nothing what says in it Phish 52 19897 March 12, 2013 at 5:22 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  What's the funniest or most ridiculous bible quote you have ever heard or read? icantstandfundies 30 13903 May 20, 2012 at 2:08 am
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused
  Love this quote, enjoy if you like a bit of dawkins Captain Scarlet 3 3004 August 18, 2010 at 11:11 pm
Last Post: Oldandeasilyconfused