Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 26, 2024, 5:13 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Leftists Purging History or Al Queda in America
RE: Leftists Purging History or Al Queda in America
No this protest (hate rally ) was started by racist fucks and supported by racist fucks from start to finish . The statue was just rallying point for racist fucks . To try  legitimize there racist fuckery .

The racist denials are real
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(August 18, 2017 at 3:08 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: But you can point something out to a person and they can still not agree with you. Maybe they just genuinely don't agree that their view of history is incorrect and objectively racist.

Yeah, and someone can disagree with me when I insist the Holocaust happened. Should I refrain from calling that person an anti-semite?
"There remain four irreducible objections to religious faith: that it wholly misrepresents the origins of man and the cosmos, that because of this original error it manages to combine the maximum servility with the maximum of solipsism, that it is both the result and the cause of dangerous sexual repression, and that it is ultimately grounded on wish-thinking." ~Christopher Hitchens, god is not Great

PM me your email address to join the Slack chat! I'll give you a taco(or five) if you join! --->There's an app and everything!<---
Cmon Steel, have a heart, they really believe they aren't anti-semites....it's not their fault that international jewry perpetrated such a giant hoax.

Wink
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 18, 2017 at 3:11 pm)SteelCurtain Wrote:
(August 18, 2017 at 3:08 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: But you can point something out to a person and they can still not agree with you. Maybe they just genuinely don't agree that their view of history is incorrect and objectively racist.

Yeah, and someone can disagree with me when I insist the Holocaust happened. Should I refrain from calling that person an anti-semite?

Or that the armenian genocide happened . But there objection is futile .

But steel the Naz's were not anti-semites they were just concerned about there country .And Nazi Germany was not about racism . And not all Nazi's were anti-semites. It's all just perspective . Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Well, I don't think that's an equivalent analogy. That would be like saying slavery never happened, not that the war wasn't about slavery. 

But actually, I would refrain from calling that person anti semite. IMHO, if someone honestly believes the holocaust was made up, that just makes them a cuckoo conspiracy theorist. It doesn't indicate that they're prejudice against Jewish people, in my opinion.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
That's the whole point of doing genteel racism, gentility disguises the inherent violence of such a position and in so doing normalizes it as "just another perspective".  It allows the victimizer to feign shock and indignation when confronted with incredulous resistance.

"Golly gee, I'm just a good ole boy from Bammy, I don't know nothin bout no racism.  Them folks is castin aspersions on mah impeccable characta"

They're obviously prejudiced against the testimony of millions of jews.........Cath...........even more than that......For Some Reason™ they assign greater value to the opinions of a handful of inarguably racist loons to the crushing weight of evidence.

Guess it's another one of those times where they just say and do the things that anti-semites say and do. What a mysterious world we live in.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(August 18, 2017 at 2:54 pm)Neo-Scholastic Wrote: Actually I don't really care that much. The South lost the war and it is a bit odd such memorials even exist in the first place. I just don't like iconoclastic movements and the pretense that our generation has the right to deprive future generations of cultural artifacts by destroying them or removing them from their site specific context.

Why is a park more appropriate than a museum?

(August 18, 2017 at 3:02 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote:
(August 18, 2017 at 10:46 am)Thumpalumpacus Wrote: If the war was about states' rights, why didn't the rebels first overthrow their own government for abrogating those rights in these clauses?

Also why was the confederate constitution far more restrictive on states' rights than the original one.

That was exactly my point, yes.

(August 18, 2017 at 3:02 pm)Tazzycorn Wrote: As well as the permanent slavery thing, there were quite a few taxes that the states would have to collect on behalf of the confederacy, and the confederacy had full control over regulating all sea and riverine transport. At the time these were all responsibilities of individual states in the Union

Indeed. The only state's right being fought over was the right of these states to secede because they wanted to maintain institutional slavery.

Nope holocaust is a very adept analogy after all if you asked ground level Nazi grunts what they were fighting for and what the Reich was about . Most likely would answer protecting the fatherland and exapanding German power. But it was about all those things . Just as a confederacy was about slavery . And not just slavery racial slavery.

Inuit Proverb

(August 18, 2017 at 2:47 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:
(August 18, 2017 at 2:45 pm)Shell B Wrote: What do you mean after the Nazis showed up, CL? The racists started the protest. The people who are dressed like your run-of-the-mill folks might not have swastikas tattooed on them, but they were chanting racist shit. Just watch the videos.

I was answering LadyForCammus. She asked what it says about someone who was peacefully protesting against the statue removal and then stuck around after the nazis showed up. I thought she was implying that there were non nazis protesting there first.

Apologies, CL.  I misread your post.  I thought it said, "were protesting with those guys."
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
Quote:. I just don't like iconoclastic movements and the pretense that our generation has the right to deprive future generations of cultural artifacts by destroying them or removing them from their site specific context.

Except we do have the right . And no one cares if you like it. Just as people everywhere have had the right to ride themselves of monuments celebrating evil. We don't need the statues for the history . We don't need them for anything .

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  America's newest chess master Foxaèr 9 570 May 20, 2021 at 9:23 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  [Serious] Josh Hawley is the most dangerous man in America WinterHold 15 758 January 9, 2021 at 5:20 pm
Last Post: Brian37
  The REAL Threat To America BrianSoddingBoru4 11 974 December 15, 2020 at 1:21 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  America’s Chief Export BrianSoddingBoru4 107 5627 April 21, 2020 at 2:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  The Coronavirus Is the Worst Intelligence Failure in U.S. History WinterHold 0 307 March 26, 2020 at 2:32 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  A Saudi hit and run criminal breaks his electric ankle bracelet and flees America WinterHold 22 2799 April 15, 2019 at 3:34 pm
Last Post: WinterHold
  [Serious] America can you pls stop meddling in countries you have no busienss in. Cepheus Ace 44 2645 March 26, 2019 at 11:51 am
  This day in active shooter history..... Brian37 46 3899 February 24, 2019 at 2:18 pm
  Another day another mass shooting in America downbeatplumb 35 4729 August 29, 2018 at 4:29 pm
  America is introducing 3D-printed guns now Alexmahone 29 2787 August 1, 2018 at 8:06 pm
Last Post: TaraJo