Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: October 1, 2024, 12:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Emotions are intrinsically good and bad
RE: Emotions are intrinsically good and bad
(October 24, 2017 at 10:18 pm)Khemikal Wrote: As before, comments regarding the meaningless or worthlessness of life if your "worldview" were true would necessarily be limited to describing your own life's meaningless or worthlessness.

I metaphorically described the positive and negative qualities as being the inner light and the inner darkness.  The inner light and the inner darkness is a well known metaphor presented in many movies, anime, and t.v. shows.  Without the inner light, then we could have nothing but the inner darkness or neither light nor darkness.  So, I think you are wrong here.  We all need the inner light to make our lives truly good and beautiful.  Otherwise, it is truly no way to live or be an artist.
You know it's true when anime says so. Now, where did I leave my tentacles........
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 24, 2017 at 10:24 pm)Khemikal Wrote: You know it's true when anime says so.  Now, where did I leave my tentacles........

Again, it is a metaphor for life itself which holds true.  Just because the positive quality is literally depicted as an inner angelic light in these anime shows does not dismiss the message that these anime are conveying.
Sure, maybe it's that, or maybe it's a cartoon.  

Tossup really.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(October 24, 2017 at 10:29 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Sure, maybe it's that, or maybe it's a cartoon.  

Tossup really.

You told me earlier that I was emotionally disabled which prevented me from having real good value in my life besides the types of positive emotions my worldview was advocating.  This was all I was talking about there.  Those other positive emotions that I do not have would be the alternative inner positive quality that would give my life real good value.  I am not sure if that alternative inner positive quality really exists or not.  I could really be disabled as you say which would mean that I do not have it while others have it.
(October 24, 2017 at 9:27 pm)Transcended Dimensions Wrote:
(October 24, 2017 at 9:14 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Bump to try and get a response. But I'll not hold my breath. 

You seem to have a deep investment in your belief because you keep repeating the same thing over and over (with specific fixations) hoping that one of us will agree with you. I won't be that person.

What I'm trying to do here is to present my idea perfectly because, in the past, I have presented it in such a way that others deemed it as nonsense.  I don't think the fault is with my worldview here.  Rather, I think the fault is the way I am presenting it.  Hopefully, this time, I have gotten it right so that others take deep consideration into it and wonder if it could really be true rather than just dismissing it as nonsense.  That would really allow people to take deep consideration into our positive emotions as being the real good value to their lives rather than dismissing them as trivial things.  As for your question, I have diagnosed myself because I am convinced that I do not have clinical depression.  Every time an emotional trauma has passed, I was fully recovered and doing just fine.  There was no depression lingering about that had me wondering why I was still depressed.

Apparently I won't get a complete response from you.

Could you tell us about some of these "emotional traumas" you continue to reference?
Being told you're delusional does not necessarily mean you're mental. 
I will now present my 2nd brief statement to also summarize my worldview which I think is quite interesting.  Positive and negative charges are actual qualities.  When you get a charge, you could either get a charge of a positive quality or of a negative quality.  The same idea applies to our positive and negative emotions.  Except, consider our positive and negative emotions to be a different type of positive and negative charge.  They would be good and bad charges which means good and bad are actual qualities like positive and negative charges.  Except, emotions are not charges.  They are just qualities of good and bad.  I just simply give this analogy of charges to get my point across.  This means that, if you want real good value in your life, then a mindset alone would not work.

You would need your positive emotions just as how you would need to get zapped by a positive charge because, if you wanted a real positive charge in your life, then a mindset alone would not work.  The same idea applies to having bad value in our lives through our negative emotions.  When we feel a positive emotion, then that is like a surge or a charge from the heavens.  It is like pure heavenly light energy of goodness flowing through our conscious being.  Our negative emotions would be like negative, dark energy of pure badness flowing through our conscious being.  It is through our positive emotions that we become like transcended angels or gods while it is through our negative emotions that we become like the most horrible and disgusting goblins of the lower realms, metaphorically speaking.  This means that our positive emotions are intrinsically good and our negative emotions are intrinsically bad.
(October 26, 2017 at 1:43 am)Transcended Dimensions Wrote: I will now present my 2nd brief statement to also summarize my worldview which I think is quite interesting.  Positive and negative charges are actual qualities.  When you get a charge, you could either get a charge of a positive quality or of a negative quality.  The same idea applies to our positive and negative emotions.  Except, consider our positive and negative emotions to be a different type of positive and negative charge.  They would be good and bad charges which means good and bad are actual qualities like positive and negative charges.  Except, emotions are not charges.  They are just qualities of good and bad.  I just simply give this analogy of charges to get my point across.  This means that, if you want real good value in your life, then a mindset alone would not work.

You would need your positive emotions just as how you would need to get zapped by a positive charge because, if you wanted a real positive charge in your life, then a mindset alone would not work.  The same idea applies to having bad value in our lives through our negative emotions.  When we feel a positive emotion, then that is like a surge or a charge from the heavens.  It is like pure heavenly light energy of goodness flowing through our conscious being.  Our negative emotions would be like negative, dark energy of pure badness flowing through our conscious being.  It is through our positive emotions that we become like transcended angels or gods while it is through our negative emotions that we become like the most horrible and disgusting goblins of the lower realms, metaphorically speaking.  This means that our positive emotions are intrinsically good and our negative emotions are intrinsically bad.

You might be the only one.
(October 26, 2017 at 11:32 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(October 26, 2017 at 1:43 am)Transcended Dimensions Wrote: I will now present my 2nd brief statement to also summarize my worldview which I think is quite interesting.  Positive and negative charges are actual qualities.  When you get a charge, you could either get a charge of a positive quality or of a negative quality.  The same idea applies to our positive and negative emotions.  Except, consider our positive and negative emotions to be a different type of positive and negative charge.  They would be good and bad charges which means good and bad are actual qualities like positive and negative charges.  Except, emotions are not charges.  They are just qualities of good and bad.  I just simply give this analogy of charges to get my point across.  This means that, if you want real good value in your life, then a mindset alone would not work.

You might be the only one.

Would this interest you then?:

Other Person's Response: I think your worldview might set up a dangerous model for society. Imagine if your model set up a world where criminals broke into your home and tortured you since it brought them positive emotions and it was the good thing to do, according to your model. Wouldn't that convince you that your worldview is false?

My Reply: It still wouldn't. Nothing would convince me otherwise. This is because you don't realize how vital and precious our inner light is. It is truly the only thing there is to life. Don't let that mislead you into thinking that my worldview is false. Things that seem absurd are often times things that are true. Not all models have to be functional to be true. There are, in fact, models out there that are true despite the fact that they seem quite absurd.

Certain things in life just work certain ways and that's just that. For example, there are many people who die of illnesses such as deadly viruses. This is just life and life is just a cycle of natural processes. Just because this is something that really does not work well for us as human beings does not make it untrue. This is just the absurdity of life. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the one and only life we have to live and that such a life can only be good through positive emotions. Our existence would, thus, be completely absurd since we live just to feel wonderful, die, and that is it.

Some people live a full life while others are only brought into this world for a very brief moment feeling miserable and just die. My entire life has been dominated by such absurdity and unfairness which means I am all too familiar with the absurdity and unfairness of life rule. It's as they always say. Life is a joke or a cruel bitch. Given this, wouldn't it be quite possible that my worldview is true then? One last thing here. Knowing something is true is the same thing as being convinced it is true because it would make no sense to say that you choose to remain deluded despite knowing the truth.

This means that the fact that I am not convinced means that I have not acquired any knowledge of my worldview being false if it really is false. But this knowledge would not take on the form of studying up on values, morals, and ethics because no amount of studying up will ever convince me otherwise. Rather, we are talking a completely different type of knowledge here. This form of knowledge would be personal experience. Based upon my own personal experience, I have come to realize that my positive emotions are the inner light that gives my life real good value, beauty, and worth.

Therefore, in order to convince me otherwise, that would require a whole new personal experience that gives my life real good values and not just a matter of thinking good values are there when there isn't. As long as I have no such personal experience in my life, then I will always have this worldview. Personal experience and educating yourself are two entirely different matters. Try convincing someone that his/her personal experience is false. It just won't work. This person's personal experience is so powerful and profound that nothing will convince him/her otherwise.
(October 26, 2017 at 2:53 pm)Transcended Dimensions Wrote:
(October 26, 2017 at 11:32 am)mh.brewer Wrote: You might be the only one.

Would this interest you then?:

Other Person's Response: I think your worldview might set up a dangerous model for society. Imagine if your model set up a world where criminals broke into your home and tortured you since it brought them positive emotions and it was the good thing to do, according to your model. Wouldn't that convince you that your worldview is false?

My Reply: It still wouldn't. Nothing would convince me otherwise. This is because you don't realize how vital and precious our inner light is. It is truly the only thing there is to life. Don't let that mislead you into thinking that my worldview is false. Things that seem absurd are often times things that are true. Not all models have to be functional to be true. There are, in fact, models out there that are true despite the fact that they seem quite absurd.

Certain things in life just work certain ways and that's just that. For example, there are many people who die of illnesses such as deadly viruses. This is just life and life is just a cycle of natural processes. Just because this is something that really does not work well for us as human beings does not make it untrue. This is just the absurdity of life. As a matter of fact, I wouldn't be surprised if this was the one and only life we have to live and that such a life can only be good through positive emotions. Our existence would, thus, be completely absurd since we live just to feel wonderful, die, and that is it.

Some people live a full life while others are only brought into this world for a very brief moment feeling miserable and just die. My entire life has been dominated by such absurdity and unfairness which means I am all too familiar with the absurdity and unfairness of life rule. It's as they always say. Life is a joke or a cruel bitch. Given this, wouldn't it be quite possible that my worldview is true then? One last thing here. Knowing something is true is the same thing as being convinced it is true because it would make no sense to say that you choose to remain deluded despite knowing the truth.

This means that the fact that I am not convinced means that I have not acquired any knowledge of my worldview being false if it really is false. But this knowledge would not take on the form of studying up on values, morals, and ethics because no amount of studying up will ever convince me otherwise. Rather, we are talking a completely different type of knowledge here. This form of knowledge would be personal experience. Based upon my own personal experience, I have come to realize that my positive emotions are the inner light that gives my life real good value, beauty, and worth.

Therefore, in order to convince me otherwise, that would require a whole new personal experience that gives my life real good values and not just a matter of thinking good values are there when there isn't. As long as I have no such personal experience in my life, then I will always have this worldview. Personal experience and educating yourself are two entirely different matters. Try convincing someone that his/her personal experience is false. It just won't work. This person's personal experience is so powerful and profound that nothing will convince him/her otherwise.

Only that you seems to be talking to yourself. 

So..... what's your medical diagnosis?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Can too much respect be bad? Fake Messiah 48 5866 January 14, 2020 at 11:28 am
Last Post: roofinggiant
  Technology, Good or Bad Overall? ColdComfort 41 6818 July 7, 2019 at 1:02 pm
Last Post: Chad32
  There are no higher emotions/values Transcended Dimensions 58 13253 April 30, 2018 at 4:19 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
Wink Emoticons are Intrinsically Good and Evil Fireball 4 1247 October 21, 2017 at 12:11 am
Last Post: Succubus
  Name one objectively bad person ErGingerbreadMandude 57 15887 October 16, 2017 at 3:47 am
Last Post: Ignorant
  Is there a logical, rational reason why hate is bad? WisdomOfTheTrees 27 4256 February 4, 2017 at 10:43 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Is developing a strong habit of philosophizing bad for your social skills? Edwardo Piet 31 4733 May 25, 2016 at 8:22 am
Last Post: Gemini
Smile a bad person Sappho 30 5751 December 8, 2015 at 7:59 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  The bad guy Marsellus Wallace 18 5802 July 28, 2015 at 8:15 am
Last Post: Marsellus Wallace
Bug Do Fruit Flies Have Emotions? Hatshepsut 28 3769 May 16, 2015 at 7:56 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger