Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 30, 2024, 8:09 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Men's Rights Movement
RE: Men's Rights Movement
(December 21, 2017 at 1:54 am)Tres Leches Wrote: MRA were born on and live on the internet and in my opinion it is largely a troll-y topic. There are few, if any MRA rallies, no MRA lobbyists and no MRAs raising money for their cause. Just keyboard and youtube warriors pounding sand about how unfair life is as it relates to women.  The OP's implication of "I just wanna be open-minded about this" is laughable. I've encountered more odious threads on this topic on more websites and forums than I care to think about but at least there are some thoughtful comments on this thread. It would be a shame if MRA debates contaminated AF.

-Teresa

There was one relatively rcently. They walked around Charlottesville carrying tikki torches shouting "The jews will not replace us".

Bunch of wussy neo-nazis the lot of them.
Urbs Antiqua Fuit Studiisque Asperrima Belli

Home
Neo Nazi and White Nationalists are extremely dangerous . But only so long as we tolerate them . And let them take advantage of freedom of liberal democracy . Because unfortunately it a place they tend to thrive .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

I am watching this documentary now.
It starts out with some fallacies that cause its credibility to suffer for me right off the bat. I don't know if I will get through the whole thing.

So far, these are some statements in this documentary about our culture and about feminism that I take exception to:

Culturally, men are viewed as disposable because they fight more commonly in combat, and they tend to take riskier jobs.
Feminists think men make more money so they will have the power over women.
Men are commonly falsely accused of sexual assault.
Women commonly want to be "taken" by strangers, without consent.
Statistics about historical war deaths....Most are men. derp.
Women have access to everything men have access to.
Men do what it takes to maintain this society and the burden is on men.
Feminists claim men make the rules at the expense of women.
Women are not oppressed, it's hateful and wrong to claim this.
Women claim that domestic violence and sexual assault is only committed by men against women.

I agree there are cultural gender issues that should be recognized. Women and children first, alimony, men registering for Selective Services. I think feminists agree with all of that as well. That is kind of the point.

Sorry. This documentary is a steaming pile of feces.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(December 23, 2017 at 6:26 pm)Mermaid Wrote: I am watching this documentary now.

Get lots of alcohol . It's a slog .But i guess it's worst for me because i have history with most of the assholes in the film . Paul Elms is a scum sucking scammer . Warren Farrell is a lying propagandist . And Erin Pizzey the only person who does anything is still a piece of shit . Oh and don't get me started on Jaye herself a women who straight up lied on her kickstarter . She said she was not going to take donations from interested parties then accepts huge donations from MRM groups and that promise magically disappears from the page . And of course despite a number of significant feminists agreeing they would do interview on the condition their names were not used as MRA have a history of harassment and violence against feminists. All were turned down and the film settled for Katherine Spillar and Micheal Kimmel who are their to give the false impression this film is balanced . All in all it's a shit show .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(December 23, 2017 at 5:48 pm)Tres Leches Wrote: It bothers me when I'm talked to for no apparent reason like I know little or nothing about a particular topic. It's probably wrong of me to do this but I usually just nod and smile while thinking "I know more about this subject than this guy does." And then I change the subject. Big Grin

That's GENIUS! I should try that instead of rambling sometime Tongue
Quote:Culturally, men are viewed as disposable because they fight more commonly in combat, and they tend to take riskier jobs. 
Which is ironic because most MRA's object to the idea of Women in the military and complain that most could not cut it in riskier jobs. And it's patriarchy that makes men disposable . 

Quote:Feminists think men make more money so they will have the power over women.
Feminists do not think this . Many MRA advocates however believe men are entitled to sex and servitude because "the man makes the money " Some have argues rape within marriage is impossible because the woman consented in her vows. 

Quote:Men are commonly falsely accused of sexual assault. 
Ironic because AVFM has defended abusers. Has shamed  mal victims as being Beta males .Says more then often women were asking for it even if true ."because women start fights" Or they say all woman are suffer from hysteria( insert evolutionary psychology here) 

Quote:Women commonly want to be "taken" by strangers, without consent.
 Paul Ems favorite subject . Mixed with lots of loose redefining of what counts as rape .(spoilers virtually nothing)

Quote:Statistics about historical war deaths....Most are men. derp. 
Again most MRA don't think woman should be in the military . And lots of feminists oppose the draft . 

Quote:Women have access to everything men have access to.
 Self refuting 

Quote:Men do what it takes to maintain this society and the burden is on men. 
Yup this is a consistent position . Mix that with their apocalyptic fantasies of civilization collapse so women will come crawling back to them.  

Quote:Feminists claim men make the rules at the expense of women. 
This is false . A toxic patriarchal culture fucks both sexes over.  

Quote:Women are not oppressed, it's hateful and wrong to claim this. 
Indeed they claim any idea that women are disadvantaged is  misandrist . Because it villianizes men .

Quote:Women claim that domestic violence and sexual assault is only committed by men against women. 
Again these are the same fuckers who have blamed male victims for their abuse (calling them Beta's and Cucks). And have harassed women's shelters who have programs for men . And have even gone after The Good Men Project a feminist allied group (they reject the term MRA) who actually help men .

Inuit Proverb

Mermaid Wrote:Do you feel that men and women are on a level playing field? I do not.

That's what I was talking about, you are a woman you know first hand what kind of problems women face, you have only heard about the kind of problems men face, it's natural for you to think the playing field is shifted against you. I feel the same way, I think men have more problems than women, I think the playing field is shifted in their favor, precisely because since I was born a guy I won't be able to relate to the female experience as much as you. It's kind of like kids accusing dad or mom of showing favoritism, what used to be contained inside the family unit released into the wild with the intro of the individualistic culture, now society or the government is the mom and dad and they're accused of favoritism.
(December 23, 2017 at 9:51 pm)pool the matey Wrote:
Mermaid Wrote:Do you feel that men and women are on a level playing field? I do not.

That's what I was talking about, you are a woman you know first hand what kind of problems women face, you have only heard about the kind of problems men face, it's natural for you to think the playing field is shifted against you. I feel the same way, I think men have more problems than women, I think the playing field is shifted in their favor, precisely because since I was born a guy I won't be able to relate to the female experience as much as you. It's kind of like kids accusing dad or mom of showing favoritism, what used to be contained inside the family unit released into the wild with the intro of the individualistic culture, now society or the government is the mom and dad and they're accused of favoritism.

Dude, dont be so bitter that women take issue with the sexism enabled against them by society, a society that continues to foster male privilege (really disadvantaging women and those men who dont adhere to sexist standards of manhood) even to this day.

Also you live in India. Indian men have it so good compared to Indian women. Stop being a whiner over nothing.
(December 23, 2017 at 1:14 pm)Shell B Wrote: And there he is, like clockwork. You’re quite easy.

lol, like you planned it ... r-i-i-i-i-i-ght. Jerkoff

FTR, I'm not laughing with you. I'm laughing at you.

Haha, I couldn’t have made it more obvious that I was stirring the pot. Your little crush on me is getting embarrassing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 2047 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 13441 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7693 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5766 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5978 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3315 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 21712 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Question for the heterosexual men of AF Catholic_Lady 242 28684 April 18, 2018 at 11:40 am
Last Post: Catholic_Lady
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2730 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Do Women Need Men? Rhondazvous 57 6483 July 26, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Shell B