Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 6, 2024, 9:13 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone met a Christian?
RE: Has anyone met a Christian?
Quote:Godscreated

It doesn't matter who says it, it is true period.
yeah. No.

(January 10, 2018 at 12:44 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(January 9, 2018 at 10:57 am)Mermaid Wrote: Only, it's NOT the truth, even if you think it is.

What's not the truth?

Mermaid Wrote:Don't like the way that feels? This is how you come across when you tell people your truth is the correct truth.

If you're trying to insinuate something you failed.

Mermaid Wrote:It's disrespectful and quite assholish.

No it's not, what do you want me to do lie to you, I can not do that that would be unfair to you and myself.

Mermaid Wrote:You don't know more than everyone else, but you seem to insist you do.

I know more about God than any atheist here, that's a default. As for other things I do not more more than others, though it could be true about a thing or two that's not really important to this conversation. You have a giant problem, you can't stand that I will not and have not moved on my position about God from the day I joined this site. You need to get over it because I will not change and you are going to frustrate yourself and get angry over something you have no control of.

GC

You are such a fucking dick, and an ignorant one as well. You believe whatever you want, I sincerely don't care, that's none of my business. For some reason you feel that I want to change that? Why? 

You do whatever the hell you want, but as soon as you cross the line and impose your delusions on me, that's where we have a problem.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(January 11, 2018 at 12:31 pm)Mermaid Wrote:
Quote:Godscreated

It doesn't matter who says it, it is true period.
yeah. No.

Well you just go ahead and believe what you want, but some day someone will turn your belief around on you and you will be without an argument, sad.

(January 10, 2018 at 12:44 am)Godscreated Wrote: What's not the truth?

No it's not, what do you want me to do lie to you, I can not do that that would be unfair to you and myself.

I know more about God than any atheist here, that's a default. As for other things I do not more more than others, though it could be true about a thing or two that's not really important to this conversation. You have a giant problem, you can't stand that I will not and have not moved on my position about God from the day I joined this site. You need to get over it because I will not change and you are going to frustrate yourself and get angry over something you have no control of.

GC

Mermaid Wrote:You are such a fucking dick, and an ignorant one as well. You believe whatever you want, I sincerely don't care, that's none of my business. For some reason you feel that I want to change that? Why?

Because you keep responding to my posts and you take on a childish temperament and call people names that is a sign that if you can't have it your way then it's no way. Now your turn to answer a question why would you use such words to describe me when you know nothing about me?

Mermaid Wrote:You do whatever the hell you want, but as soon as you cross the line and impose your delusions on me, that's where we have a problem.

I have been ever since I've been here and will continue to do the same, I'm not changing for the likes of you, so if you are unhappy with me know you will be more unhappy with me in the future. Are you threatening me, shame on you. I've never tried to impose what I believe on you and well never and if you think that I have or will then that's your problem because you will be reading what you want to see into my post and not the truth that I convey.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
(January 11, 2018 at 10:46 am)drfuzzy Wrote:
(January 11, 2018 at 2:48 am)Godscreated Wrote:

See I'm still good at cleaning up trash and trash like that will never garner my respect for you.

I suppose you know what those treasures are and if you do not like my answers then just buzz off.  Prove God doesn't exist.

Most of the above makes no sense at all, you might have practiced worshiping a poobah or something and you might have used rattles in the service and a preacher might have scared you, that's what happens when you rely solely on man and forget that God is the one who reveals all thing. If you are waiting on proof it will come the day you die.
Cleaned up some more trash, why don't you drop the trash and act like a grown up and less like DieAtheist.
GC

(January 10, 2018 at 1:27 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

You STILL didn't answer my question.  -- Just as expected.  But exactly how do you disrespect Meteor Man?  How do you disrespect The Tick?  How do you disrespect Ant Man? 

Actually I am not required to prove anything, it's up to you to investigate and ask.

drfuzzy Wrote:You forget that I was raised Pentecostal.  I have told you before that I have most of the Bible memorized (and you called me a liar) and I spent 40 years investigating and asking (and you claimed that I was never "really asking" and I wasn't doing it right) before I realized that it all HAD to be bullshit.  My Atheism is based in observations, education, and science.  And if you make a claim that you have an imaginary friend, then you have to be able to make that friend visible.  The burden of proof is ALWAYS upon the person making the claim, not on the person saying "sorry, I can't see him". 

You need to learn to use quote tags so people don't have to try and pick out the things you've written. No you are wrong deary, when someone makes a positive claim like God does not exist or God is this or that then the burden of proof falls upon them, period, I don't care whether you like it or not. When someone turns you beliefs around on you, instead of getting all whiny, just do what is proper. I've state on here for many years I can't prove God to you and God hasn't asked me or any other Christian to do so and if you had the Bible memorized you would know this,(strike one.) My Christianity is based on my faith, belief and knowledge of God and if you had grown in your relationship with God then you would have been given the knowledge you so desperately wanted. memorizing the Bible doesn't mean a thing when you do not live it in a relationship with God and apparently that's what happened to you. I have several issues with the Pentecostal church which I will not argue on this site. I know you did not memorize the Bible or even most of it or you wouldn't have gotten the strike one call above.

See I'm still good at cleaning up trash and trash like that will never garner my respect for you.

drfuzzy Wrote:You automatically call anything that threatens your little fantasy that you have an imaginary friend "trash".  Why would I care what someone who is living in fear and delusion, someone who worships one of the most evil pieces of fiction ever written, thinks of me?   Why would I care what an egotistical asshole who insults anyone who doesn't share his delusions thinks of me?

I call it like it is, why would I lie, I have no reason and if you think I am you are mistaken. I have no imaginary friend, I do have the God who created the universe allowed man through his free will to corrupt it and then sent His Son to undo all or mess by hanging on a cross till He died. You do not have to care and to rid yourself of this burden you've created for yourself just quit answering my post. I would think that anyone who hate Christians with such a vile hatred would not even want to respond to them and I know you are not doing so to protect other atheist from my posts, you just need to put the hatred you have for whomever in your past you hate so much on the Christians here and that is pitiful and just plain childish. 
I do not live in fear(strike two) if you had memorized the Bible as you claim you would know this, but then the Pentecostal church doesn't teach the correct Bible teachings from Christ now do they. Could be why you thought the Bible was a work of fiction. You couldn't make their teachings mesh up with what God was trying to teach you. 
Egotistical, that shows you know nothing about biblical teachings, telling the truth and being unchanging as God ask us to be has nothing to do with ego, it's just simply living what the Bible actually teaches, something you've apparently missed when memorizing the Bible. As far as insults you haven't seen me calling you names now have you, you just have to live that hate you have for Christianity. 
Now let me say this, if and I do say if so you want mistaken this for something I'm trying to ram down your throat, if hell is like I believe it is that would be no fire and brim stone, they represent what you are doing to make your own special hell, you will live for eternity with this hate you have but it will be much more intense and it will be eternal, think you could handle that forever and ever, it's apparent it makes you miserable now what will an eternity of it be like, IMHO it will be worse than fire and brim stone.

drfuzzy Wrote:You can't just say "truth is truth", have that truth be based on a fantasy "Batman spoke to me last night, yeah, we have a telepathic connection" -- and then yell at anyone who asks for proof.  And that's EXACTLY what you sound like to me.  So, you cling to your delusions, call me a liar, imply that I'm a stupid child, and call everything I post "trash".  -- Without backing these insults up with a single fragment of anything that could possibly be called proof, logical or even factual.  So we're done.  I don't share your delusions.  And no, I won't find out after I'm dead because I'll be dead.  There is no afterlife.

Yes I can because truth is an absolute, if it were not then we need to eliminate it from our language. Your claiming the Bible is fiction, again the burden of proof belongs to you. Those supposed Bible scholars who claim King David is a fictional character are beginning to sweat more and more as archaeologist keep digging in the Middle East. Gath has recently been found, that would be the home of another character that you would claim as fictional, Goliath and they have found some pottery there with a name similar to Goliath and I would think when they have the time to study the language of that day and place a little more it will be the name Goliath. Now if you had memorized the Bible you would know that King David and his army destroyed that city and it was thus lost to history for a few thousand years, no more, God is starting to reveal little bits and pieces of the Bible till one day there will be no doubt it's true, but by that time it will be to late for Christ will be returning soon after that happens. So now we have a city that most considered fictional but it's not and neither are the one who lived there nor the one who destroyed it. I'm also keeping an eye on another archaeological dig that could shake the world, but we will have to wait and see on this one, to many unknowns at this point.

I do not call everything you post as trash only that stuff that is child like and coming from a supposed intelligent adult child like things are trash. Have I used the word liar if I have i can't remember doing so, I do remember saying I do not believe you about certain things because you spout off things without proof and I have caught you at it, how because you do not use what you claim to have (strike three). I guess you might say I'm calling you a liar when I say I do not believe you, but it could be that I believe you are mistaken from a lack of knowledge on certain thing. Besides here where I live we try to be polite and give a person the benefit of doubt before we call them a liar that's unless it's just plain ol' obvious.
I'm not trying to insult you I'm telling it like it is, you would know if I started insulting you, you believe I do because of your disdain and hatred for Christians especially the one like me who do not compromise what they believe because it offends you. When I say you are childish it's because you are acting that way, stop acting like a child and I want call you childish. You've said we were through before and yet you can't resist to come back and throw around your trash and insults, that's the attitude of a child especially one that hates Christians as much as you do. I haven't done anything to you yet you take your past out on me and the other Christians here, you need to go back and fix whatever in your past has caused you to be this way, you might just find a more peaceful life.

Cleaned up the trash and fixed your quotes and you call me the bad guy. Just why is it you can't act like the intelligent adult you claim to be, you sure haven proven you are anything more than a sad child who hates people who find peace in their lives, that should give you a hint, but you want take it. I've been sick with the crud for three weeks now and I don't feel like getting into long conversations, but since I can't sleep well at night I have made a few acceptions. Right now I'm more concerned for my 92 year old mother who has this stuff than I am about what you might have to say or consider me to be.

GC
God loves those who believe and those who do not and the same goes for me, you have no choice in this matter. That puts the matter of total free will to rest.
The toilet isn't flushing.
(January 12, 2018 at 2:05 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(January 11, 2018 at 12:31 pm)Mermaid Wrote: yeah. No.

Well you just go ahead and believe what you want, but some day someone will turn your belief around on you and you will be without an argument, sad.

(January 10, 2018 at 12:44 am)Godscreated Wrote: What's not the truth?

GC

Mermaid Wrote:You are such a fucking dick, and an ignorant one as well. You believe whatever you want, I sincerely don't care, that's none of my business. For some reason you feel that I want to change that? Why?

Because you keep responding to my posts and you take on a childish temperament and call people names that is a sign that if you can't have it your way then it's no way. Now your turn to answer a question why would you use such words to describe me when you know nothing about me?

Mermaid Wrote:You do whatever the hell you want, but as soon as you cross the line and impose your delusions on me, that's where we have a problem.

I have been ever since I've been here and will continue to do the same, I'm not changing for the likes of you, so if you are unhappy with me know you will be more unhappy with me in the future. Are you threatening me, shame on you. I've never tried to impose what I believe on you and well never and if you think that I have or will then that's your problem because you will be reading what you want to see into my post and not the truth that I convey.

GC
Yeah, I have no idea what you are talking about. 

So with that, I will bid you adieu.
If The Flintstones have taught us anything, it's that pelicans can be used to mix cement.

-Homer Simpson
(January 12, 2018 at 3:48 am)Godscreated Wrote:
(January 11, 2018 at 10:46 am)drfuzzy Wrote:
Quote:You STILL didn't answer my question.  -- Just as expected.  
Quote:But exactly how do you disrespect Meteor Man?  How do you disrespect The Tick?  How do you disrespect Ant Man? 

Actually I am not required to prove anything, it's up to you to investigate and ask.
And you STILL didn't answer the question.

You need to learn to use quote tags so people don't have to try and pick out the things you've written.

Quote:No you are wrong deary, when someone makes a positive claim like God does not exist or God is this or that then the burden of proof falls upon them, period, I don't care whether you like it or not.

Learn the rules of debate and logic.  http://www.qcc.cuny.edu/socialsciences/ppecorino/phil_of_religion_text/CHAPTER_5_ARGUMENTS_EXPERIENCE/Burden-of-Proof.htm

When someone turns you beliefs around on you, instead of getting all whiny, just do what is proper. I've state on here for many years I can't prove God to you and God hasn't asked me or any other Christian to do so and if you had the Bible memorized you would know this,(strike one.) My Christianity is based on my faith, belief and knowledge of God and if you had grown in your relationship with God then you would have been given the knowledge you so desperately wanted. memorizing the Bible doesn't mean a thing when you do not live it in a relationship with God and apparently that's what happened to you. I have several issues with the Pentecostal church which I will not argue on this site. I know you did not memorize the Bible or even most of it or you wouldn't have gotten the strike one call above.    How dare you call me a liar.  

Quote:if you had memorized the Bible as you claim you would know this, but then the Pentecostal church doesn't teach the correct Bible teachings from Christ now do they. Could be why you thought the Bible was a work of fiction.
  The Pentecostal Church that I attended for 28 years taught that the Bible was the literal Word of God and perfect down to every jot and tiddle.

Quote:I haven't done anything to you yet you take your past out on me and the other Christians here, you need to go back and fix whatever in your past has caused you to be this way, you might just find a more peaceful life.
Irrational belief in God and xtian assholes like you messed up my life.  It's a whole lot better now, thanks.

Cleaned up the trash and fixed your quotes and you call me the bad guy. Just why is it you can't act like the intelligent adult you claim to be, you sure haven proven you are anything more than a sad child who hates people who find peace in their lives, that should give you a hint, but you want take it. I've been sick with the crud for three weeks now and I don't feel like getting into long conversations, but since I can't sleep well at night I have made a few acceptions. Right now I'm more concerned for my 92 year old mother who has this stuff than I am about what you might have to say or consider me to be.

GC

You're an asshole.  You're right, you can't prove God exists. You're right, your entire belief system is based on faith, which is another word for "I know something that I can't know".  I'm done, I had enough of your sanctimonious holier-than-thou "I'm blessed and god loves me better because I have it right and you're wrong" and 7/8 of the humans that have ever existed are going to burn forever and that's ok crap by the time I was 10.  My rejection of religion has been a long path requiring a lot of study.  I'm a lot happier for it.  I don't need to be wasting my time getting called childish and ignorant by someone who is mad because I say there is no proof that his imaginary friend exists.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
He's just another troll.
(January 12, 2018 at 2:10 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: He's just another troll.

As much as I would like to agree with you, GS, I don't think so. He reminds me very much of a lot of the people in the church where I grew up.  THEY had the only right way.  THEY had the only correct interpretation.  THEY were the ones who were going to be Raptured soon, they were going to heaven, and the rest of the evil world was going to hell.  (Yay God!  God can't let trash into heaven!)  And if you questioned any idea, you got lectured on what you're supposed to believe, chastised for not reading the Bible and praying enough, and the people who kept questioning were cast out.  Criticize the beliefs of these people and you are immediately EVIL and WRONG.  Their heads practically explode.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
The difference isn't important to me, they both have the same obnoxious characters.
No! No one has EVER met a Christian! Lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1491 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 90984 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7572 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian? pop_punks_not_dead 102 44072 February 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Has anyone heard of the conservative bible? TaraJo 11 4101 December 18, 2012 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: RichardP
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6390 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej