Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 28, 2024, 7:20 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone heard of the conservative bible?
Has anyone heard of the conservative bible?
I read an article and it seems like an idea that's just mind blowing in its absurdity.

Turns out, a group of far-right Christians found that the Bible specifically condemns a lot of what conservative Christianity stands for. Instead of changing their beliefs to fit their holy book, they've been changing their holy book to fit their beliefs. For example

Mark 3:6 Wrote:The Liberals then fled from the scene to plot with Herod’s people against Jesus, and plan how they might destroy him.

and this

Mark 10:23-25 Wrote:Jesus looked around and said to his disciples, “How unlikely it is that those who worship riches will enter the kingdom of God!” The disciples were astonished to hear this.

But Jesus said again, “Children, how hard it is for those who trust in riches to enter the kingdom of God! It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a man who cares only for money to enter into the kingdom of God.”

I want to find this; I figure it's gotta be filled with laughs.
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
RE: Has anyone heard of the conservative bible?
I've never heard of it but it sounds like your typical christian tactic: ignore what the Bible actually says and replace it with what you want it to say.
The truth is absolute. Life forms are specks of specks (...) of specks of dust in the universe.
Why settle for normal, when you can be so much more? Why settle for something, when you can have everything?

[Image: LB_Header_Idea_A.jpg]
If you're talking about Conservapedia's Conservative Bible Project, it seems that they've mellowed out somewhat.

Mark 3:6
The Pharisees then fled from the scene to plot with the Herodians against Jesus, and plan how they might destroy him.

Mark 10:23-5
Jesus looked around and said to His students, "How unlikely it is that those who have a lot of money will enter the kingdom of God!"
The students were astonished to hear this. But Jesus said again, "Children, how hard it is for them [who trust in money] to enter the kingdom of God!
It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for an idle miser to enter into the kingdom of God."
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Quote:Has anyone heard of the conservative bible?

Is there any other kind?
(December 16, 2012 at 11:43 am)Minimalist Wrote:
Quote:Has anyone heard of the conservative bible?

Is there any other kind?

Oh, this is worse than the original. A bunch of far-right Christian apologists got together (led by Andrew Schlafly) and decided that the Bible has too much of a liberal bias. So they're rewritting it with an intent to eliminate that bias. If you want to see some of the rest of their work, go check out the conservapedia: what fundamentalist Christians created when they believed wikipedia has a liberal bias.

http://www.conservapedia.com/Main_Page
I live on facebook. Come see me there. http://www.facebook.com/tara.rizzatto

"If you cling to something as the absolute truth and you are caught in it, when the truth comes in person to knock on your door you will refuse to let it in." ~ Siddhartha Gautama
I know all about Schafly and his fucking mother, Phyllis.

As the saying goes, the turd doesn't drop far from the asshole in that family.
I can't read conservapedia. It sends me into a rage and makes me want to punch things.
Even if the open windows of science at first make us shiver after the cozy indoor warmth of traditional humanizing myths, in the end the fresh air brings vigor, and the great spaces have a splendor of their own - Bertrand Russell
I havent jet even read "the bible"

and I wouldn`t know where to start.

The ones which Luther used to translate into German? Those were in Old Greek and Latin and everyone knows that words from Old Greek can be translated in various different ways, of which every word can mean a enormous variation of different things.

Even if I could overcome the mental barrier that I would be wasting my time reading bronze age gibberish, I wouldn`t know which one would be closest to the original.
Guess it was possible for the bible to get even more stupid.
(December 16, 2012 at 11:26 am)One Above All Wrote: I've never heard of it but it sounds like your typical christian tactic: ignore what the Bible actually says and replace it with what you want it to say.

There is no wrong way to "interpret" any holy book. But I do find that the more fundy a particular adherent is the more strictly they try to stick to the words. The people who water down their beliefs tend to be more civil.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why do conservative theologians prefer early dating of documents? LinuxGal 3 852 December 9, 2022 at 6:53 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44138 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
  What do the conservative Christians here think of Professor Bart Ehrman? Jehanne 69 6022 March 8, 2019 at 10:44 am
Last Post: Jehanne
  Has anyone met a Christian? Gawdzilla Sama 167 26326 January 14, 2018 at 2:30 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  New Revised Standard Version Bible has Dead Sea Scroll input ?!?! vorlon13 17 3868 February 20, 2017 at 5:16 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  What's the most face-palm-worthy statement you have ever heard from a priest/preacher drfuzzy 150 29526 August 29, 2015 at 12:46 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous
  Heard about this snake idiocy before abaris 28 6667 July 30, 2015 at 1:00 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Three Ways to Torture Demons You Haven't Heard of Yet JesusHChrist 15 4875 February 16, 2015 at 8:07 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7450 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Attn: Christians, We've Heard Them Already DeistPaladin 409 186251 July 5, 2013 at 1:46 am
Last Post: fr0d0