Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 29, 2024, 3:01 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone met a Christian?
Has anyone met a Christian?
I don't mean someone who claims to be a Christian and can't tell you what that means. I mean someone who lives exactly like the NT says they should live.
RE: Has anyone met a Christian?
I've met sort of Christians
Heretics are a dime a dozen.

Never encountered an Apocalyptic Judaism Jesus variety Jew. I suppose some Pauline retconners might stake a claim (but they're wrong, wrong, wrong), but as for the 'real deal', no such thing. Not since Jesus' time.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(January 3, 2018 at 8:13 pm)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote: I don't mean someone who claims to be a Christian and can't tell you what that means. I mean someone who lives exactly like the NT says they should live.

And how according to you should a Christian behave?
No, but then the bible tells that that no christian can.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I used to be one, and met a few others in my time. We didn't live exactly as the NT suggested for a couple of reasons. One was that the NT makes a bunch of contradictory statements and it wasn't always clear as to which one should be observed. Do we actually love, or do we ex-communicate the gay people? Do we render unto Cesar what is Cesar's when Cesar is stealing from the poor and spending it on his mistresses? Are women really not supposed to talk in church and does god really give a fuck about how many kids a family has?

A second reason kind of grew from the first. The NT was written over the course of a couple of hundreds of years by people who, quite literally, knew nothing about the history of the cosmos or humanity's place in it. They didn't know about planets or orbits, had no clue there were countless galaxies, let alone stars. They didn't know about microbes, viruses, and believed that psychological problems were not due to evil spirits. Their's was a world of kings, not democracies; of obedience, not liberty, and of worship, not wisdom.

Another, at least for me, was that the "real" Christians took up conservative politics in order to enforce the social agenda that they actually found in the NT. It is all of a rage today to say that the real Christians don't support the Trump / Republican party. In my view that is simply inaccurate. Why wouldn't a group that sees god as the ultimate judge, one who will punish most of humanity with an eternity in hell simply because they would not bow in worship, support dictators and strong armed governments?

i know "real" Christians. I used to be one. I am not one any longer.
uses prayer closets

ability to heal by laying upon of the hands

ability to chortle poisonous serpents without dying

hates parents with a Godly hate

observes all 600+ Levitican Laws

was still alive when Universe ended within 70 some odd years of Jesus crucifixion

was one of the 144,000 Saved

does not recall Amalek or the Amalekites despite memorizing Old Testament

Hates divorce (mentioned in Malachi and NT)

realizes Apostle Paul was the First Heretic

no problem overturning MasterCard credit card tables/machines at 700 Club home offices

(I could probably go on here for a couple weeks, you get the idea)
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

No one knows exactly what the New Testament “means”. Except those True Christians...whoever they are.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
While I have no idea what that actually means - a xtian who lives the way the NT says they should live - since there are so many millions of interpretations re: what the NT is actually saying in any verse, any chapter, any book . . . 
   I do remember a co-worker who originally made me nervous, because he had church pictures and bible verses on his cubicle.  I was sure, just from seeing that, that he was going to be an insufferable prick.  But he didn't preach.  When another co-worker asked, he said that he believed that religion was a very personal thing, and that the decorations were there so that anyone who wanted to ask questions would feel comfortable doing so.  He never seemed to lose his temper or even get frustrated.  He would always pitch in to help with anything.
   Yeah, Brian came across as an all-around good guy.  He was almost as sweet as this Buddhist couple I knew.

Of course, I'm very well aware that these behaviors could not be attributed to church attendance, or sect, or Bible reading, or prayer, or even upbringing.  The "good guy" could very well have been Jewish or Muslim or Hindu or Pagan.  All his behavior told me is that he chose to be considerate and respectful.

Religion is not a requirement for being able to treat people with compassion, consideration, and respect.
"The family that prays together...is brainwashing their children."- Albert Einstein
I know one that tries her hardest, whatever that means to her.  Coincidentally, she's not a giant asshole.  OFC, I know one that tries his hardest and is -because- he tries his hardest.

If christianity were a car, nobody would trust their kids in it.  Sure, sometimes everybody gets in and it makes it all the way to the Grand Canyon.  Everyone has a wonderful time.  Other times, if burns down to the tires with everyone still inside for no specific reason before it ever leaves the driveway. Too bad there's no recall procedure for witch doctoring.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1307 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 87850 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Yet more christian logic: christian sues for not being given a job she refuses to do. Esquilax 21 7345 July 20, 2014 at 2:48 pm
Last Post: ThomM
  Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian? pop_punks_not_dead 102 42929 February 18, 2013 at 8:28 pm
Last Post: Drich
  Has anyone heard of the conservative bible? TaraJo 11 4018 December 18, 2012 at 8:42 pm
Last Post: RichardP
  Relationships - Christian and non-Christian way Ciel_Rouge 6 6302 August 21, 2012 at 12:57 pm
Last Post: frankiej