Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 19, 2024, 5:35 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian?
Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian?
Before I became an atheist I used to be a Catholic, and being a gay guy in a Catholic environment was hard :-(

I got sick of hearing leviticus quoted at me constantly, read the Bible and realised that it was with respect unbelievable .

So I realised that God makes no sense logically to me, and looking at science I noticed that I am an atheist.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to be gay and a Christian? I got told it would wind me up in Hell or something
RE: Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian?
(February 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote: Before I became an atheist I used to be a Catholic, and being a gay guy in a Catholic environment was hard :-(

I got sick of hearing leviticus quoted at me constantly, read the Bible and realised that it was with respect unbelievable .

So I realised that God makes no sense logically to me, and looking at science I noticed that I am an atheist.

Just wondering if anyone has ever tried to be gay and a Christian? I got told it would wind me up in Hell or something

What is there to reconcile? In the right context, even xtians will tell you that the old testament no longer applies.

Wait, except in the case of homosexuality. And wherever else it supports their ridiculous opinions...

You were in a tough spot, my friend. For being a religion of inclusion, the xtians are certainly good at exclusion.

I am certainly glad that you pulled yourself out of the matrix. Be comfortable with yourself. Accept who you are. While I am not gay, I can absolutely say that I COMPLETELY understand your feelings. But that is a story for another time.
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe." -Einstein
RE: Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian?
I know people that have. Frankly, I think it makes a lot more sense to reject the institution that is oppressing you altogether than to try to reinterpret it as supportive of you.
If you ignore what paul says about it, then homosexuality can still be identified as a sin. why? Simply put the NT tells us that any sex, even the thought of it outside the confines of a Santified marriage is a sin. A sin like anyother. It is not the unforgivable sin it is not the sin that some how ranks higher than all others, it is a sin. One we need repent of, to find forgiveness.
Forgive me for sucking a cock every now and then, God. But, don't worry I am still a virgin...just like Mary.
(February 13, 2013 at 7:39 pm)pop_punks_not_dead Wrote: Before I became an atheist I used to be a Catholic, and being a gay guy in a Catholic environment was hard :-(

""Has anyone ever found a way to reconsile being Gay/Bi/Lesbien and being a Christian?""

tell the other christians to shove it?
I would.

by the way...... good luck!
(February 13, 2013 at 8:53 pm)Drich Wrote: If you ignore what paul says about it, then homosexuality can still be identified as a sin. why? Simply put the NT tells us that any sex, even the thought of it outside the confines of a Santified marriage is a sin. A sin like anyother. It is not the unforgivable sin it is not the sin that some how ranks higher than all others, it is a sin. One we need repent of, to find forgiveness.

Oh, so we gents who occasionally partake in some man-loving should just feel guilty in general rather than specifically at the man love? Wow, that's so much better!

Fascinatingly though, you've not actually changed the premises of anything, since there's still quite a large religiously motivated push to prevent gays from ever getting these "Santified marriages," and even if the law was changed, I've no doubt that some would argue those gay marriages still wouldn't be holy. Not wanting to make assumptions I have to ask: are you one of them?
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!
(February 13, 2013 at 10:02 pm)Esquilax Wrote: Oh, so we gents who occasionally partake in some man-loving should just feel guilty in general rather than specifically at the man love? Wow, that's so much better!
Fascinatingly though, you've not actually changed the premises of anything, since there's still quite a large religiously motivated push to prevent gays from ever getting these "Santified marriages,"
That is because thier isn't a santified pretext in which two men can get married. Which in of itself makes Homosexuality a sin.

Quote: and even if the law was changed, I've no doubt that some would argue those gay marriages still wouldn't be holy.
Nope, because their is not a biblical example of a homosexual relationship having ever been santified by God.

Quote:Not wanting to make assumptions I have to ask: are you one of them?
Them what? We all know your a bigot, so just "come out" and say what you mean.

ROFLOL
(February 13, 2013 at 8:53 pm)Drich Wrote: If you ignore what paul says about it, then homosexuality can still be identified as a sin. why? Simply put the NT tells us that any sex, even the thought of it outside the confines of a Santified marriage is a sin. A sin like anyother. It is not the unforgivable sin it is not the sin that some how ranks higher than all others, it is a sin. One we need repent of, to find forgiveness.

What about people like me who like to be "punished" during that sin? Big Grin

Bet you will be confused now. Ask your wife for help. And she will tell you to ignore me before you get any "Ideas" Tongue
(February 13, 2013 at 10:21 pm)Drich Wrote: That is because thier isn't a santified pretext in which two men can get married. Which in of itself makes Homosexuality a sin.

And do you think that's the way it should remain?

Quote: Nope, because their is not a biblical example of a homosexual relationship having ever been santified by God.

The bible doesn't have examples of lots of things. That doesn't mean those things are wrong.

Quote:]Them what? We all know your a bigot, so just "come out" and say what you mean.

ROFLOL

You misunderstand me. I'm bisexual myself, I'm into the dude loving. I'm asking you if, despite your assertion that marriage makes sex legitimate in the eyes of god, you would still think homosexuality is a sin even if the two folks in question were married? Are you against gay marriage, is I guess my question. Because if you are, wouldn't that mean you're just propagating sin?

(February 13, 2013 at 10:24 pm)The Germans are coming Wrote:

What about people like me who like to be "punished" during that sin? Big Grin

Bet you will be confused now. Ask your wife for help. And she will tell you to ignore me before you get any "Ideas" Tongue

I like you. Big Grin
"YOU take the hard look in the mirror. You are everything that is wrong with this world. The only thing important to you, is you." - ronedee

Want to see more of my writing? Check out my (safe for work!) site, Unprotected Sects!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Way, the Truth, and the Ugly LinuxGal 0 419 October 1, 2023 at 11:45 am
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Christian author has recording of satan's voice Foxaèr 16 1350 August 2, 2020 at 1:03 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  A.S.K. your way to proof. Drich 378 39742 June 13, 2020 at 6:38 am
Last Post: Peebothuhlu
  How can a Christian reject part of the Bible and still call themselves a Christian? KUSA 371 88794 May 3, 2020 at 1:04 am
Last Post: Paleophyte
  Did Mary and Joseph ever have sex? Fake Messiah 41 7280 March 18, 2020 at 8:05 pm
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  In what way is the Resurrection the best explanation? GrandizerII 159 14838 November 25, 2019 at 6:46 am
Last Post: Abaddon_ire
  How we found out Evolution is true fredd bear 38 2737 March 26, 2019 at 4:23 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  New way: Open Source Christianity Born in Iran. A-g-n-o-s-t-i-c 28 4284 September 9, 2018 at 2:22 pm
Last Post: brewer
  The Silliest Conversation You Will Ever Have With A Christian Rhondazvous 37 4200 February 14, 2018 at 3:43 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  The benefits of being christian. Where are there??? Dnte 212 34455 February 2, 2018 at 8:43 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger