Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 12:54 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
Hidden Figures (2016)  
Really cool!

"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
I fucking loved Hidden Figures.

The first time we watched it, I got aggravated at the jaunty tone of the getting to the bathroom montage. I was like, "This is not fucking funny, and they're giving it a funny tone." Redemption came later, and I was very happy. Amazing fucking film. Just perfect.
Recently watched Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist, which as far as I can tell was reworked from the script that became Exorcist: The Beginning the year before, so basically the same story but in my opinion handled better. Mind you, I'm a little turned off from the earlier version due to one death scene being a bit too close to home for me. Couple of dodgy CGI moments due to restricted budget, but Stellan Skarsgard (who I never realised before was also in my favourite film God On Trial) completely kills it as Father Merrin.

Going to watch the original now, for the brazillianth time.
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
(January 30, 2018 at 5:17 pm)Shell B Wrote: I fucking loved Hidden Figures.

The first time we watched it, I got aggravated at the jaunty tone of the getting to the bathroom montage. I was like, "This is not fucking funny, and they're giving it a funny tone." Redemption came later, and I was very happy. Amazing fucking film. Just perfect.

oh ... super, someone else has seen this movie and loves too!!!... like me..
And yep, just perfect!
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
(January 30, 2018 at 5:29 pm)Cyberman Wrote: Recently watched Dominion: Prequel To The Exorcist, which as far as I can tell was reworked from the script that became Exorcist: The Beginning the year before, so basically the same story but in my opinion handled better. Mind you, I'm a little turned off from the earlier version due to one death scene being a bit too close to home for me. Couple of dodgy CGI moments due to restricted budget, but Stellan Skarsgard (who I never realised before was also in my favourite film God On Trial) completely kills it as Father Merrin.

Going to watch the original now, for the brazillianth time.

I saw and liked "The Beginning." I'll have to check out Dominion.
123movies.to is your best bet. Do eet! Do eet naow!!
At the age of five, Skagra decided emphatically that God did not exist.  This revelation tends to make most people in the universe who have it react in one of two ways - with relief or with despair.  Only Skagra responded to it by thinking, 'Wait a second.  That means there's a situation vacant.'
We saw Lady Bird the other day and loved it. Great coming of age story.
[Image: 220px-Season_of_the_Witch.jpg]

Season Of The Witch
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Ingrid Goes West

It was awful.
Blade Runner 2049.

5/10
Dying to live, living to die.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 572 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 3822 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 834 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 604 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 486 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 522 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 1727 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2316 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1715 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 1804 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer