Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 8:42 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution
RE: Evolution
(March 9, 2018 at 11:18 pm)Succubus Wrote: Security! Idiot in post 218!

Dangerous idiot in 218!

Did I upset your train of thought? Why do you believe in happenstance anyway?
Quote:Tizheruk Wrote:[url=https://atheistforums.org/post-1714086.html#pid1714086][/url]
Quote: Wrote:Banned wrote:
A theory can be anything. 

But once you make a theory the truth...then ! 
Then you have no clue what a theory in science is
 Why did you not show the right quote?

Quote:Did I upset your train of thought? Why do you believe in happenstance anyway?
it does not matter how much you throw that word around it does not make it anymore accurate. Then the first time .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(March 9, 2018 at 11:28 pm)He lives Wrote:

Dangerous idiot in 218!

(emphasis is mine)

You keep using that word as if it applies to what your lamely attempting to refute.

Why don't you set aside your great-big-book-of-fairy-tales and try some actual science books for a change?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(March 9, 2018 at 11:28 pm)He lives Wrote:

Dangerous idiot in 218!

I know you won't believe it but failure to convince a moron of it is no knock against abiogenesis and/or evolution.  Your demeanor is no substitute for gross ignorance.  I think I'd have more luck explaining evolution to my dogs than to you and Banned.
(March 9, 2018 at 11:28 pm)He lives Wrote:

Dangerous idiot in 218!

Why do you keep using that word?

I don't think it means what you think it means.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 9, 2018 at 10:54 pm)He lives Wrote:
(March 9, 2018 at 7:24 pm)Khemikal Wrote: What, in your estimation, -wouldn't- be "happenstance"?  I ask..because if it turns out that anything short of tinkergod making you from mud is somehow "happenstance"..earlier, all you were saying reduces to;

"Either god did it or it happened some other way.  I can't believe it happened some other way".

An unsurprising and completely uninformative declaration.

God is the epitome of intelligence. What is surprising is that anyone could possibly believe that the human body came into existence by any other means than intelligent design.

"God"is the epitome of excuses and explanations for those lacking the intelligence or credibility to understand science.

What surprises me is, that with all the mountains of evidence in suppirt of evolution, and the lack of evidence for this deity, that anyone could actually believe in intelligent design.

Especially when you take into account all the faults in the human genome. If there is a designer, he's incompetent.
Dying to live, living to die.
(March 9, 2018 at 11:48 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(March 9, 2018 at 11:28 pm)He lives Wrote: Did I upset your train of thought? Why do you believe in happenstance anyway?
(emphasis is mine)

You keep using that word as if it applies to what your lamely attempting to refute.

Why don't you set aside your great-big-book-of-fairy-tales and try some actual science books for a change?

There is actual science and there is science  such as what I refer to as happenstance science. Abiogenesis is a terminology where there are many hypotheses and NO clear answers. This type of science can only be described as a belief and not actual science. With so many guesses as to how life began the best you have is a hunch. Your conclusion is entirely based on a guess that is so far fetched it is in the realm of being completely impossible.
How exactly did God create everything by happenstance? Did he use happenstance magic?

Was Jesus happenstance?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 10, 2018 at 1:17 am)Whateverist Wrote:
(March 9, 2018 at 11:28 pm)He lives Wrote: Did I upset your train of thought? Why do you believe in happenstance anyway?

I know you won't believe it but failure to convince a moron of it is no knock against abiogenesis and/or evolution.  Your demeanor is no substitute for gross ignorance.  I think I'd have more luck explaining evolution to my dogs than to you and Banned.

It is true that living things can adapt to their environment. However, what I am discussing is abiogenesis. In other words intelligent design or happenstance.

(March 10, 2018 at 1:29 am)The Valkyrie Wrote:

Why do you keep using that word?

I don't think it means what you think it means.

Definition of happenstance

a circumstance especially that is due to chance 

• They came together by mere happenstance.
Quote:Definition of happenstance

:  a circumstance especially that is due to chance 
  • They came together by mere happenstance.
which is not how abiogenesis or evolution occur . So your appeal to dictionary fails  Dodgy

Quote:It is true that living things can adapt to their environment. However, what I am discussing is abiogenesis. In other words intelligent design or happenstance.
Which are not the categories in question

Quote:There is actual science and there is science  such as what I refer to as happenstance science. Abiogenesis is a terminology where there are many hypotheses and NO clear answers. This type of science can only be described as a belief and not actual science. With so many guesses as to how life began the best you have is a hunch. Your conclusion is entirely based on a guess that is so far fetched it is in the realm of being completely impossible
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQ6IAZ-vSy8EjA4dVtG-JW...M2H5XuQaY4]
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30731 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger