Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 25, 2024, 5:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Evolution
RE: Evolution
(March 10, 2018 at 4:02 pm)Tizheruk Wrote:
Quote:To some people it doesn't demonstrate anything, it depends on the level of awareness.
No it depends on how badly you need your magic god belief to be true vs how much you actually want to understand the world .

All you need to do now is show how any test has proven evolution.
Quote:Go ahead change history,

History has not been changed . It's been corrected. 

Quote:haven't you already done that successfully?
History exposing christianity as just another cult has been very successful 

Quote:It's your world, for the time being.
Nope it's no ones world
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Yeah, definitely needs a move to pseudoscience now.
Quote:All you need to do now is show how any test has proven evolution.
All you need to do is use the very complex tool in front of your face . And quite being a lazy denialist .
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(March 10, 2018 at 4:11 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: The original point was that there is a third alternative that is neither intelligent design nor randomness. Of course self-organizing systems make use of causes. Causes are ordered patterns of behavior, the exact opposite of randomness. And self-organization bootstraps the order inherent in natural causes to create ordered systems out of disordered matter. No intelligence needed. Your response was that self-organizing processes do not exist. Pointing out that self-organized systems make use of natural causes doesn't in any way answer Mathilda's point that the order resulting from self-organization is neither intelligent design nor happenstance. Or are you going to simply beg the question by asserting that order exists because God exists? If so, why bother with the claim that you have evidence that things are intelligently designed? If you're just going to assert that without evidence, then you rightly deserve to fuck off.

If you think that order comes from chaos, then you might like to consider that there is no such thing as chaos.
(March 10, 2018 at 4:02 pm)Banned Wrote:
(March 10, 2018 at 3:57 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: Just pointing up the obvious. If you take offense, that's on you.

Although, I don't see you denying the charges...

I don't take offense at your point of view, you are entitled to have one of me.

Calling me a reprobate isn't a sign of offense?!? [Image: LMAO.gif] Ret-con much?!?

You really need to have a talk with mom and dad about acceptable curriculum. The gaping holes in your science knowledge will hinder you if you want to go to college. Unless you're planning on attending one of these fine, upstanding establichments. Angel
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(March 10, 2018 at 4:12 pm)Tizheruk Wrote: ... it's no one's world

Explain that to the government.
So, banned. If evolution is wrong, does speciation ever occur?
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
Regarding abiogenesis: If you take a lab flask the size of a planet and dump in everything needed to make life happen, then it's probably going to happen. If it didn't, we wouldn't be here. But it did. In tidal pools where all the chemistry was there the line was crossed and life began. No magic to it, just chemistry.
And if evolution is wrong, does that leave room for Odin?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Intelligent design type evolution vs naturalism type evolution. Mystic 59 30756 April 6, 2013 at 5:12 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger