Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 2, 2024, 6:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Remove Vulgar Thread Titles
RE: Remove Vulgar Thread Titles
(March 17, 2018 at 3:21 pm)Losty Wrote: If there were a list of words that every single forum member considered to be overly vulgar that would make it easy but there won’t be any agreement on such a list so it would be a nearly impossible rule to implement. I doubt we could even get the small group of staff to agree on a list like that.

Gosh you're moist.
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
I think it's a balmy idea, me cunts! To that end I am proposing we ban the following from thread titles:
  • evidence-based
  • science-based
  • vulnerable
  • entitlement
  • diversity
  • transgender
  • fetus

G'day, mates!
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(March 17, 2018 at 3:19 pm)Losty Wrote: Cunt is not objectively overly vulgar. Some people use it as a normal swear word. I don’t see it as any more vulgar than the word shit

There are no words that can be described as objectively vulgar. Words are mere collection of sounds with no inherent meaning. It's the very subjective definitions and societal contexts that make them vulgar or not and vulgarity is different for everybody.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
po-po
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

Gadzooks
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(March 17, 2018 at 5:56 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: po-po

Where?

>.>

<.<

*scedaddles*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(March 17, 2018 at 3:21 pm)Losty Wrote: If there were a list of words that every single forum member considered to be overly vulgar that would make it easy but there won’t be any agreement on such a list so it would be a nearly impossible rule to implement. I doubt we could even get the small group of staff to agree on a list like that.

Compiling that list would give the person doing it insight into the trigger words of the respective complainers. Then it's a simple matter of repeating them back enough times so that the complainers will be desensitized to them. Tongue
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(March 17, 2018 at 5:44 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: There are no words that can be described as objectively vulgar. Words are mere collection of sounds with no inherent meaning. It's the very subjective definitions and societal contexts that make them vulgar or not and vulgarity is different for everybody.

Meat curtains?
(March 17, 2018 at 6:20 pm)mh.brewer Wrote:
(March 17, 2018 at 5:44 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote: There are no words that can be described as objectively vulgar. Words are mere collection of sounds with no inherent meaning. It's the very subjective definitions and societal contexts that make them vulgar or not and vulgarity is different for everybody.

Meat curtains?

That term always makes me think of the sides of beef, waiting on butchering, hanging from their meat hooks in nice little rows.

So, no. Not objectively vulgar.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(March 17, 2018 at 6:28 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(March 17, 2018 at 6:20 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: Meat curtains?

That term always makes me think of the sides of beef, waiting on butchering, hanging from their meat hooks in nice little rows.

So, no. Not objectively vulgar.

[Image: CtcIfBcWIAEWyhs.jpg]

What about now?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Demand More Fucking Vulgarity In Thread Titles BrianSoddingBoru4 10 1694 March 16, 2018 at 7:51 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Please remove the gender identifier. Pyrrho 48 8201 May 27, 2015 at 2:20 pm
Last Post: Cyberman
  Impoveing Thread Titles with Details Neo-Scholastic 14 2706 November 27, 2014 at 9:47 pm
Last Post: bennyboy
  Spelling in thread titles Diablo 98 12213 August 11, 2014 at 9:13 am
Last Post: pocaracas
  Petition to remove the right-wing fascist, elitist, racist admin "Tiberius" Atheist Anarchist 96 28803 April 22, 2012 at 11:27 am
Last Post: Rhizomorph13
  Petition to remove the anarchist, elitist, annoying user "Atheist Anarchist" R-e-n-n-a-t 16 7310 April 1, 2012 at 11:57 am
Last Post: houseofcantor
  Remove EvidenceVsFaith Bef 61 31633 June 11, 2009 at 8:57 am
Last Post: Darwinian