Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 3:18 am

Poll: .
This poll is closed.
This WOULD be a deal breaker for me in terms of pursuing a romantic relationship
66.67%
20 66.67%
This would NOT be a deal breaker for me in terms of pursuing a romantic relationship
33.33%
10 33.33%
Total 30 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Question for the heterosexual men of AF
RE: Question for the heterosexual men of AF
Yeah, especially if you dont believe in a soul, I don't see how it makes sense to say someone who has a particular body part doesn't actually have it because their body isn't actually them. Perhaps it isnt who they feel they should be, but other than that, their penis is still part of their body/them.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
You're not wrong that he gets hung up on things and is sensitive to criticism. I also think you're not wrong about his willingness or ability to work on that. (Sorry, Hams. I don't mean to talk about you like you're not in the room. I genuinely hope you work on that so you will be happier.) It doesn't look like jealousy to me. I've seen Hammy get this way with people who aren't the way you see yourself. I couldn't even tell you the names of half the people I've had arguments with here. Hams just isn't like that. I hope that changes because there's a lot of happiness to be had.
(March 23, 2018 at 11:20 am)Shell B Wrote: I don't like beef stew because I ate it once when I had a stomach bug. I might still like it if that hadn't happened, but I'm still not going to fuck it.

I don't think it's possible to be bigoted against beef stew though lol.
(March 23, 2018 at 12:50 pm)Shell B Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 12:38 pm)The Industrial Atheist Wrote: Thanks so much! You're one of my favorite members also! You've also been so nice.

You must be easy to be nice to, because nice isn't my default. I try to work on that.

It must be good for your mental health to feel that way about yourself, to be sure. I prefer realism, but it doesn't do my any favors in that department. As many issues as Hammy has to work out, I do doubt that wanting to be you is one of them, though. I see him admiring a musical, artistic, introspective type, in all honesty. He seems to value those qualities above an abundance of confidence and an outdoor lifestyle.

Thanks again! My impression is that you are nice but assertive with people you think are in the wrong. Also sometimes we can be our own toughest critics.
(March 23, 2018 at 11:22 am)Anomalocaris Wrote: It’s not exactly dicks everywhere.  It’s dick at a particular spot where a real dick with all the right tissue and function really was, and where a thing that is only cosmetically like a vagina and lacking the right tissue type and function is now.

Not saying that can’t be enough, but it is perfectly understandable if that is not enough for some people.

It's not that at all. It's the person already being fully convinced so it clearly being enough, and them still feeling that way, but they cover those feelings up by thinking about dicks and plastic vaginas that have nothing to do with the vagina they just enjoyed fucking and thought was a ciswoman's vagina. And then you have to ask why they react that way and make sense of it. Or at least I have to ask why and make sense of it because I'm innately curious and I like to understand stuff.

Once again, the opposing side is relying on strawmanning my argument. Not that you're doing it on purpose or anything, you just don't get my argument.
(March 23, 2018 at 1:36 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I had to look up what agoraphobia is. Holy crap.

It comes in varying severities. When my anxiety is bad, I get agoraphobic. My mother is agoraphobic, but I just bully her until she comes out. Out of love, of course.
I think I remember where this "beef" if you will between Hammy and Cap'n first started but I probably shouldn't dredge it up.
(March 23, 2018 at 1:43 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(March 23, 2018 at 11:20 am)Shell B Wrote: I don't like beef stew because I ate it once when I had a stomach bug. I might still like it if that hadn't happened, but I'm still not going to fuck it.

I don't think it's possible to be bigoted against beef stew though lol.

Yeah, but you gave the example of an apple. I returned the favor with another food analogy.
Are we talking about ghost dicks giving people the heebee-jeebees at this point?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP Q explicitly states that they don't have a dick?

Ghost dick heebee-jeebees overiding the fact that we're attracted to and like a person might actually be an indicator that someone is transphobic.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
I think CA and I have probably debated before as well. I've also totally agreed with him. People are multifaceted.

(March 23, 2018 at 1:47 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Are we talking about ghost dicks giving people the heebee-jeebees at this point?  Correct me if I'm wrong, but the OP Q explicitly states that they don't have a dick?

I don't know if you've noticed, but these things evolve. Also, people aren't talking about ghost dicks. They're talking about a vagina that's made out of dick tissue. Frankly, I wish transsexual people had a better option, but this is the reality. Let's not pretend it isn't.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The prevalence of HIV among gay men darnwelling 30 2011 January 11, 2023 at 3:45 pm
Last Post: darnwelling
  A question for the straight men Catholic_Lady 87 13084 January 11, 2023 at 3:44 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Little green men just got real. ignoramus 87 7656 July 7, 2021 at 4:28 pm
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  The army is one of the best examples of gender inequality towards MEN Macoleco 64 5658 February 18, 2021 at 8:04 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Real Men onlinebiker 111 5930 January 28, 2020 at 5:28 pm
Last Post: tackattack
  Men who don't flush public toilets Alexmahone 32 3278 April 25, 2018 at 10:14 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  men and women with tattoos, hot or not? orthodox-man 110 21641 April 24, 2018 at 8:12 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Men: How do You Define Yourself? Rhondazvous 33 2689 April 3, 2018 at 5:51 am
Last Post: ignoramus
  Men's Rights Movement Catholic_Lady 538 71640 January 1, 2018 at 11:54 pm
Last Post: Edwardo Piet
  Do Women Need Men? Rhondazvous 57 6469 July 26, 2017 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Shell B