Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 5:23 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Arguments for God in Quran.
RE: Arguments for God in Quran.
I'm going to wait on LadyForCamus, she hit an important point.

What is the source of guidance if guidance exists, is the important question.

Are we the guides? Or are we following the Guide?
(April 2, 2018 at 11:31 am)LadyForCamus Wrote:
(April 2, 2018 at 11:26 am)AtlasS33 Wrote: Deja Vu.....Damn

Hello pot.  Meet kettle.

I prefer to be a coffee mug instead.
So I will have "coffeevefee" instead of deja vus. You can be a boring orange juice pack.
I;m more than a little bit disappointed that this is the best allah could come up with.  Makes the lord of creation seem like an idiot.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 2, 2018 at 1:11 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: I'm going to wait on LadyForCamus, she hit an important point.

LadyForCamus, what do you think of this?

(April 2, 2018 at 1:08 pm)Hammy Wrote:
(April 2, 2018 at 1:02 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: No need.

Then I shall again re-assert my own equally shitty counterargument that mirrors your argument in terms of shittiness, and just expect you to accept it:

(April 2, 2018 at 12:58 pm)Hammy Wrote: 1. There is such a thing as real magic.
2. Real magic would be from real spell-casting wizards or otherwise impossible.
3. Therefore real spell-casting wizards exist

So do you believe in real spell-casting wizards now or do you want me to reformulate my argument?

You reformulate yours and I'll reformulate mine too, deal?
(April 2, 2018 at 1:12 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I;m more than a little bit disappointed that this is the best allah could come up with.  Makes the lord of creation seem like an idiot.

The witness and seeing argument is more emphasized and is more direct regarding why we should not doubt God.

And there is other arguments!
Yeah, maybe you should try one, then..because this ones been an epic failure. I just hope it's not a mountain of similar shit. The plural of shit isn't "proof"..after all.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 2, 2018 at 1:12 pm)Khemikal Wrote: I;m more than a little bit disappointed that this is the best allah could come up with.  Makes the lord of creation seem like an idiot.

What is truth will once seem false to those misguided.

They will see it as equal to all falsehood.

But the truth is distinct from error and has proofs.

(April 2, 2018 at 1:14 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Yeah, maybe you should try one, then..because this ones been an epic failure.  I justhope it;s not a mountain of similar shit.  The plural of shit isn't "proof"..after all.

We'll see.  LadyForCamus, said an important thing guidance implies there is a guide.

A source that provides guidance, is it our brain, is us, or is it something else?
(April 2, 2018 at 1:13 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: And there is other arguments!

None of them are going to be any good if they all rest on unsound premises that themselves aren't argued to.
Need a box to stand on?

(April 2, 2018 at 1:14 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:

What is truth will once seem false to those misguided.

They will see it as equal to all falsehood.

But the truth is distinct from error and has proofs.

(April 2, 2018 at 1:14 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Yeah, maybe you should try one, then..because this ones been an epic failure.  I justhope it;s not a mountain of similar shit.  The plural of shit isn't "proof"..after all.

We'll see.  LadyForCamus, said an important thing guidance implies there is a guide.

A source that provides guidance, is it our brain, is us, or is it something else?
Hardly matters, since you've decided that morality is a guide.  OMG, OMG everyone..morality exists!   Let's all stop what we're doing and spread this wonderful and heretofore unknown truth!

Rolleyes
(April 2, 2018 at 1:14 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: We'll see.  LadyForCamus, said an important thing guidance implies there is a guide.

Her point was that you were demonstrating circular reasoning.... you were attempting to use guidance to prove a god/guide but you were attempting to demonstrate that the guidance required to prove that guide is real because you can't have guidance without a guide.

1. How do we know there's a guide?
2. Because guidance is real!
3. How do we know there's guidance?
4. Because of the guide, you silly goose!

Her point was that your argument is fallacious.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 91 6951 July 7, 2024 at 11:22 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 11798 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 21403 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1919 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 5874 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 3396 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 51336 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 16545 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 954 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 20099 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257