Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 7:05 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
RE: The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
A mindless force, then.  I don't pray to the wind, and it doesn't make a difference regardless.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 17, 2018 at 11:36 am)MysticKnight Wrote: Justice.

Speak about your Shiite cult, that suffers from a ghetto complex mixed with the worst prosecution complex I ever seen.
Your God is a sick, prosecuted shitty being with inferiority complex. He is what Shiites went through; and he is the grudge of the family of Mohammed that was defeated by the Ummayads.

Disgusting cult; if you ask me.

(April 17, 2018 at 1:16 pm)MysticKnight Wrote: Hating God is hating the true nature of goodness. In fact, even hating the means to God, his appointed kings, is hating the true nature of goodness.

And if you choose evil and hate good, you reap what you sow.

He didn't appoint kings. Your "appointed kings" can rest in Tehran and eat grilled poop with lemon juice.
In other words; they can keep torturing innocents in Iraq and Syria, launch chemical weapons at civilians, and eat more shit.

Your cult is a pillar of evil
I'm not asking you Atlas.

@Khemikal, I found this old post I once read many years ago:

Allow me to provide my two cents. The issue of "malakakat aymanukum" has been a very controvercial one. There are several views:
1- Traditional view : They are female captives of war , and the Muslim men may have sex with them without any conditions, and even outside wedlock.
2- Moderate view (some Ahmadi and independant scholars): They are female captives, but Muslim men may only have sex with them under wedlock.
3-Progressive scholars view: They are not necessarily female captives at all.
As you can see, there is no agreement on the issue.
I have researched all 3 views, and favor the progressive one, because I am a firm believer in two things:
1- The Quran is for ALL TIMES, and not just 7th Century Arabia.
2- The age of slavery is over, and sex slavery is a crime, as agreed upon by all progressive civilizations.
[b]Before I give you this third opinion, I would like to point out that only those who speak/understand Arabic will be able to understand it, because it relies on a different translation of the word "aymanukum".[/b]
The traditional scholars and translators interpret the word "aymanukum" , in dealing with sex issues , as meaning "right hand". However, this is not necessarily acurate. The word is a plural of "yameen" , which also means [b]"oath".[/b]
Here are a couple of verses in which the word "yameen" or "aymanukum" appear. [b]Arabic speakers, please pay close attention to them.[/b]

[b]* æáÇ ÊÌÚáæÇ Çááå ÚÑÖÉ áÃíãäßã Ãä ÊÈÑæÇ æÊÊÞæÇ æÊÕáÍæÇ Èíä ÇáäÇÓ æÇááå ÓãíÚ Úáíã[/b]
áÇ íÄÇÎÐßã Çááå ÈÇááÛæ Ýí Ãíãäßã æáßä íÄÇÎÐßã ÈãÇ ßÓÈÊ ÞáæÈßã æÇááå ÛÝæÑ Íáíã

[b]{And do not make God the subject of your casual oaths. Be pious and righteous and reconcile among the people; and God is Listener, Knower.[/b]
God will not call you to account for your casual oaths, but He will call you to account for what has entered your hearts. God is Forgiving, Compassionate.}.......................[2:224-225]
These verses are talking about those who sometimes use God's name in vain, or are not serious with their [b]oaths[/b] (aymanukum).

[b]Åä ÇáÐíä íÔÊÑæä ÈÚåÏ Çááå æÃíãäåã ËãäÇ ÞáíáÇ ÃæáÆß áÇ ÎáÞ áåã Ýí ÇáÇÁÎÑÉ æáÇ íßáãåã Çááå æáÇ íäÙÑ Åáíåã íæã ÇáÞíãÉ æáÇ íÒßíåã æáåã ÚÐÇÈ Ãáíã[/b]

[b]{ The ones that purchase with God's pledge and their oaths a small price, those will have no portion in the Hereafter, and God will not speak to them nor look at them on the Day of Resurrection nor purify them, and they will have a painful retribution.}[/b].....[3:77]
Again here, it is very clear from the context that the word ""aymanuhum" actually means [b]their oaths.[/b]

[b]æÃÞÓãæÇ ÈÇááå ÌåÏ Ãíãäåã áÆä ÌÇÁÊåã ÁÇíÉ áíÄãää ÈåÇ Þá ÅäãÇ ÇáÁÇíÊ ÚäÏ Çááå æãÇ íÔÚÑßã ÃäåÇ ÅÐÇ ÌÇÁÊ áÇ íÄãäæä[/b]

[b]{ And they swore by God using their strongest oaths; that if a sign came to them they would believe in it. Say: "The signs are from God; and how do you know that once it comes, that they would not disbelieve?"}[/b]......[6:109]
There are many other such verses also..
As you can see, it is very clear, to those who understand Arabic, that the word "aymanukum" or "aymanuhum" actually means "oaths".
For example, when we say in court: "aqsamtul yameen" , it means "I am under oath". Arabic speakers can verify this.
[b]Therefore, the progressive interpretation is that "ma malakt aymanukum" actually means "what your oaths possess".[/b]
From a social perspective, they are basically young people (can be males or females by the way), whom the Muslim man has sworn an oath to take them under his custody and take care of them (provide sustenance for them). [b]Hence, they depend on us for support.[/b]
Either because:
1- Their parents are dead (in which case they fit under the laws of orphans as well)
2- Their parents are alive but are poor and cannot provide for them.
3- They embraced Islam , but their husbands (in the case they are females), remained Kafir (rejecters). In this case, they flee their husbands who become prohibitted to them, and seek refuge in a Muslim man's family. So the man takes her under his wing, and holds her by his oath (swears an oath to sustain her).
However, if a Muslim man wants to marry one of them (the female),and she has parents, he must ask permission from her parents. Therefore , no sex allowed outside wedlock!! Please read the following verse very carefully:

[b]æãä áã íÓÊØÚ ãäßã ØæáÇ Ãä íäßÍ ÇáãÍÕäÊ ÇáãÄãäÊ Ýãä ãÇ ãáßÊ Ãíãäßã ãä ÝÊíÊßã ÇáãÄãäÊ æÇááå ÃÚáã ÈÅíãäßã ÈÚÖßã ãä ÈÚÖ ÝÇäßÍæåä ÈÅÐä Ãåáåä æÁÇÊæåä ÃÌæÑåä ÈÇáãÚÑæÝ ãÍÕäÊ ÛíÑ ãÓÝÍÊ æáÇ ãÊÎÐÊ ÃÎÏÇä ÝÅÐÇ ÃÍÕä ÝÅä ÃÊíä ÈÝÍÔÉ ÝÚáíåä äÕÝ ãÇ Úáì ÇáãÍÕäÊ ãä ÇáÚÐÇÈ Ðáß áãä ÎÔí ÇáÚäÊ ãäßã æÃä ÊÕÈÑæÇ ÎíÑ áßã æÇááå ÛÝæÑ ÑÍíã[/b]

[b]{And whoever of you cannot afford to marry the believing independent women, then from those committed to you by oath of the believing young women. God is more aware of your faith, some of you to each other. You shall marry them with the permission of their parents and give them their dowries in kindness; to be protected, not for illicit sex or taking lovers. If they become protected, then any of them who comes with lewdness shall have half the punishment of what is for the independent women of the retribution. This is for those who fear hardship from among you. But if you are patient it is better for you, and God is Forgiver, Merciful.}[/b]
As you can see, the conditions are clear:
If a Muslim man wants to marry one of those women (malakat aymanukum), he must:
1- Ask permition from her parents.
2- Pay her her dowry.
Does this sound like "sleep with them whenever you wish, for they are just sex slaves" to you?? Blush
If you want further proof that they are not slaves or war captives, then read the following verse:

[b]íÃíåÇ ÇáÐíä ÁÇãäæÇ áíÓÊÁÐäßã ÇáÐíä ãáßÊ Ãíãäßã æÇáÐíä áã íÈáÛæÇ ÇáÍáã ãäßã ËáË ãÑÊ ãä ÞÈá ÕáæÉ ÇáÝÌÑ æÍíä ÊÖÚæä ËíÇÈßã ãä ÇáÙåíÑÉ æãä ÈÚÏ ÕáæÉ ÇáÚÔÇÁ ËáË ÚæÑÊ áßã áíÓ Úáíßã æáÇ Úáíåã ÌäÇÍ ÈÚÏåä ØæÝæä Úáíßã ÈÚÖßã Úáì ÈÚÖ ßÐáß íÈíä Çááå áßã ÇáÁÇíÊ æÇááå Úáíã Íßíã[/b]

[b]{O you who believe, permission must be requested by those 'whom your oaths posses' (Malakat Aymanukum) and the children who have not attained puberty. This is to be done in three instances-before the Dawn Prayer, at noon when you change your clothes to rest, and after the Night Prayer. These are three private times for you. At other times, it is not wrong for you or them to mingle with one another. GOD thus clarifies the revelations for you. GOD is Omniscient, Most Wise."}[/b] ...................(24:58)
This verse, 24:58, is giving us the proper etiquette of how our young children (who have not reached puberty) as well as those whom our oaths possess (if they are not in wedlock), should behave. There are certain times during the day when they have to ask permission
( yastaáthinukum) from the master of the house before entering his provate bedchamber. THis means that they can be living with us in our very homes!!
War captives do not usually live with us in our very homes. Please use logic..
Finally, and this may sound surprising to you, but "those whom our oaths possess" actually constitute an exception to marrying an already married woman, [b]if - and only if - her husband remained a kafir, and she embraced Islam and ran away from him[/b]:

[b]ÍÑãÊ Úáíßã ÃãåÊßã æÈäÇÊßã æÃÎæÊßã æÚãÊßã æÎáÊßã æÈäÇÊ ÇáÃÎ æÈäÇÊ ÇáÃÎÊ æÃãåÊßã ÇáÊí ÃÑÖÚäßã æÃÎæÊßã ãä ÇáÑÖÚÉ æÃãåÊ äÓÇÆßã æÑÈÆÈßã ÇáÊí Ýí ÍÌæÑßã ãä äÓÇÆßã ÇáÊí ÏÎáÊã Èåä ÝÅä áã ÊßæäæÇ ÏÎáÊã Èåä ÝáÇ ÌäÇÍ Úáíßã æÍáÆá ÃÈäÇÆßã ÇáÐíä ãä ÃÕáÈßã æÃä ÊÌãÚæÇ Èíä ÇáÃÎÊíä ÅáÇ ãÇ ÞÏ ÓáÝ Åä Çááå ßÇä ÛÝæÑÇ ÑÍíãÇ[/b]
æÇáãÍÕäÊ ãä ÇáäÓÇÁ ÅáÇ ãÇ ãáßÊ Ãíãäßã ßÊÈ Çááå Úáíßã æÃÍá áßã ãÇ æÑÇÁ Ðáßã Ãä ÊÈÊÛæÇ ÈÃãæáßã ãÍÕäíä ÛíÑ ãÓÝÍíä ÝãÇ ÇÓÊãÊÚÊã Èå ãäåä ÝÁÇÊæåä ÃÌæÑåä ÝÑíÖÉ æáÇ ÌäÇÍ Úáíßã ÝíãÇ ÊÑÖíÊã Èå ãä ÈÚÏ ÇáÝÑíÖÉ Åä Çááå ßÇä ÚáíãÇ ÍßíãÇ

[b]{ Forbidden for you are (in marriage) your mothers, and your daughters, and your sisters, and your fathers' sisters, and your mothers' sisters, and the daughters of your brother, and the daughters of your sister, and your foster mothers who suckled you, and your sisters from suckling, and the mothers of your wives, and your step-daughters residing in your homes from your wives which you have already consummated the marriage with; if you have not consummated the marriage then there is no sin upon you; and the wives of your sons that are from your seed, and that you join between two sisters except what has already been done. God is Forgiving, Merciful.[/b]
And the independent from the women, except those committed to you by oath; God's scripture is over you; and permitted for you is what is beyond this, if you are seeking with your money to be protected and not for illicit sex. As for those whom you have already had joy with, then you shall give them their dowries as an obligation. There is no sin upon you for what you agree to after the obligation. God is Knowledgeable, Wise. }................[4:23,24]
Read carefully the parts outlined in color.
[b]{O you who believe, if the believing women come emigrating to you, then you shall test them. God is fully aware of their belief. Thus, if you establish that they are believers, then you shall not return them to the disbelievers. They are no longer lawful for them, nor are the disbelievers lawful for them. And return the dowries that were paid. And there is no sin upon you to marry them, if you have paid their dowries to them. And do not keep disbelieving wives, and ask back what dowries you paid. And let them ask back what dowries they had paid. Such is God's judgment; He judges between you. God is Knowledgeable, Wise.}[/b]....[60:10]
In fact this senario was very common back then. A married woman embraces Islam, but her husband remains a rejecting kafir. She can no longer bear to live with him, so she leaves him, and seeks refuge in an Islamic community. A Muslim man can take her under his wing, into his household, and marry her if he wishes, and he must return the dowry payed by her kafir husband, as the verse is clearly telling us.
As you can see, I have given you a progressive view about thw true meaning of "malakat aymanukum" and who they really are. You are free to accept it or reject it, but please remember that the door of "ijtihad is open to all" , and as Muslims, we must always use our God-given brain to reach the truth, and never take any pre-conceived notions or traditions for granted.
Also, remember that the age of slavery is over. Now is the age of freedom and human rights.
It is my opinion that those who interpret "malakat aymanukum" as female sex slaves were probably scholars who were under the influence of the corrupt Ummayad Sultans (Muáwiya and Co..), who wanted to "conquer" other lands and capture their virgin girls to play around with at their will... Since no-one dared to speak against such tyrants, no one dared to question their rule and their interpretation of the Quran.
But now, in the 21st Century, we have the means, the freedom and the brains to prove that they were wrong, and that the Quran is for ALL times, and not just 7th Century Arabia.
P.S: THe reason I asked for Arabic speakers to verify it is not becasue I'm a racist or anything, but because I wanted them to take a look at the verses in Aabic, before comparing them with their translations...
Salams and best wishes to all..
(April 17, 2018 at 5:24 pm)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 17, 2018 at 5:22 pm)Khemikal Wrote: Nobody gives a shit about your king without a kingdom.

Unfortunately, what you state, is the sorry state of humans.  His kingdom encompasses all hearts. His Army includes all Angels, but humans continue to measure in falsehood, and glorify and measure importance, in falsehood, by the deceivers who rule humanity, and have divided against one another, and made us forsake our true king among us.

Did that "king" get out of the "Occultation_" yet?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Occultation_(Islam)

1000 years is a long time ! All this death, chemical weapons, wars, torture, for him?

The topic is not about the walls of Shiite, missionary preaching shit you post; dipshit.
I'm not discussing the twelver shiite cult. I'm discussing "Pedophilia's prohibition in the Quran".

Do you have a problem reading?
My god Mystic. Do you honestly think slapping a wall of text at us is going to make your viewpoint any more sensible? You've shown yourself incapable of rational argument many times before.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
(April 17, 2018 at 5:58 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote:
(April 17, 2018 at 5:52 am)robvalue Wrote: Is Allah a sentient being, or just some mindless force? Is it choosing to torture when it doesn’t need to?

If it’s supposed to be a means to an end, can’t it achieve the same end another way? If not, where does this arbitrary restriction come from?

What can possibly be achieved by this torture?

From what I understood; he is more of a force. His description is described fully in this Sura:

Quote:Sura 112, The Quran:
( 1 )   Say, "He is Allah, [who is] One,
( 2 )   Allah, the Eternal Refuge/the hollow.
( 3 )   He neither begets nor is born,
( 4 )   Nor is there to Him any equivalent."

So he is a "Hollow" entity. That is more of a force. No wonder picturing him is impossible, as the Quran said:

Quote:Sura 6, The Quran:
( 103 )   Vision perceives Him not, but He perceives [all] vision; and He is the Subtle, the Acquainted.

That's my opinion goes to say that he is a fact of this universe, if you think about him as a hollow force that shaped everything including the word "create" itself; you will see the scale I mean. We did discover that there is a point in the void where everything began from; that's a scientific theory that is quite respected and even favored sometimes. God is the force that started everything from that void; he even started the void itself.

"He" is only a reference. God is not a male neither a female. He doesn't have gender.

I would have to disagree that the Quran makes Allah out to be a mindless force. Sure, you can try and squeeze it out of certain passages. But read as a whole, there's no way that's the intention, in my opinion.

A mindless force... that wants to be worshipped, and is obsessed with logic, so much so that it reanimates the consciousness of dead humans somehow, just so they can be tortured? Does any of that sound remotely logical in itself?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 17, 2018 at 8:24 pm)robvalue Wrote: I would have to disagree that the Quran makes Allah out to be a mindless force. Sure, you can try and squeeze it out of certain passages. But read as a whole, there's no way that's the intention, in my opinion.

A mindless force... that wants to be worshipped, and is obsessed with logic, so much so that it reanimates the consciousness of dead humans somehow, just so they can be tortured? Does any of that sound remotely logical in itself?

The Quran describes Allah to be a "unique entity unlike any other", thus we can't say that he has a "centralized thinking organ" for example like humans. He is just like he described himself: "a unique and a hollow, that was never born or gave birth". We can describe any force of having "will"; that's for the sake of eloquence, like in the sentence "the sea had roared". Seas don't have mouths to roar; but it's the linguistic eloquence that draws an analogy to help us understand what God means. So it's the same with God in the Quran in my opinion. "Worship" is made strange and phony when it involves other humans or creations. But when it's about God; it is life itself.
You do realize that you just described the incoherence of your own analogy to god.....right? Is god "linguistic eloquence"?

I ask, because that's really not far off from my own understanding of god. I think that people were trying to describe things and forces (real and perceived) that were important to them, an so they anthropomorphized those forces...made them familiar and similar and comprehensible...to us, as beings or a being by way of analogy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
This shows again what a meaningless word "god" is. Now that it's just another mindless force, why is it any different to all the others? Why aren't they all gods too?
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
You might be confusing evasiveness for meaninglessness, lol.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 89 3741 May 1, 2024 at 5:27 pm
Last Post: brewer
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 9380 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20705 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1359 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4616 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2966 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 49106 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 13065 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 876 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 15457 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257