Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 16, 2024, 8:21 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
Islam was accused of legalizing pedophilia by many parties.
But this verse from the Quran says:

Quote:Sura 2, The Quran:
( 235 )   There is no blame upon you for that to which you [indirectly] allude concerning a proposal to women or for what you conceal within yourselves. Allah knows that you will have them in mind. But do not promise them secretly except for saying a proper saying. And do not determine to undertake a marriage contract until the decreed period reaches its end. And know that Allah knows what is within yourselves, so beware of Him. And know that Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing.

How could a child be a legal part of an official contract?
One rule of any contract is for both parts to be "past puberty", or to some nations "grown up enough". Islam is the first religion in my perspective that made a marriage contract mandatory; and since only people who passed puberty are allowed to be parts of contracts, Islam is the first religion to actually prohibits pedophilia.

Having sex without contract is considered "adultery":

Quote:Sura 25, The Quran:
( 68 )   And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty.
( 69 )   Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated -
( 70 )   Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
RE: The Quran and The Prohibiting of Pedophilia? Marriage Contracts
Probably because this verse says you can divorce women whether they have reached the age of period or not. According to Ibn Kathir the quran commentator mentions this means young female.

65:4
And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease.

Though i have seen some interpretations meaning that when Abu Bakr asked Muhammad to not marry Aisha til she was 9 or 10 (age of period), since at that time she was 6 or 7 could just mean that you should take people's advice and not marry til they are more mature. But that argument is also a tad bit void considering Muhammad recommended a guy to marry a young woman over an old one. But i guess biologically speaking this doesnt make too little sense. But just on a whole considering Quran allows you to divorce females who has not menustrated yet. I can assume... 12 like Turkey does.

I am not for it, but if i had a religious apologetic stance this is the closest to defense i could give it.
(April 11, 2018 at 8:11 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Islam was accused of legalizing pedophilia by many parties.

Quote:Sura 2, The Quran:
( 235 )   There is no blame upon you for that to which you [indirectly] allude concerning a proposal to women or for what you conceal within yourselves. Allah knows that you will have them in mind. But do not promise them secretly except for saying a proper saying. And do not determine to undertake a marriage contract until the decreed period reaches its end. And know that Allah knows what is within yourselves, so beware of Him. And know that Allah is Forgiving and Forbearing.

One rule of any contract is for both parts to be "past puberty", or to some nations "grown up enough". Islam is the first religion in my perspective that made a marriage contract mandatory; and since only people who passed puberty are allowed to be parts of contracts, Islam is the first religion to actually prohibits pedophilia.

Quote:Sura 25, The Quran:
( 68 )   And those who do not invoke with Allah another deity or kill the soul which Allah has forbidden [to be killed], except by right, and do not commit unlawful sexual intercourse. And whoever should do that will meet a penalty.
( 69 )   Multiplied for him is the punishment on the Day of Resurrection, and he will abide therein humiliated -
( 70 )   Except for those who repent, believe and do righteous work. For them Allah will replace their evil deeds with good. And ever is Allah Forgiving and Merciful.
And how many wives can we have?
I don't give a shit what the Koran says. Why should I base my morals on what someone wrote during the iron age?
God thinks it's fun to confuse primates. Larsen's God!

Does it say anything about puberty in the Quran?

As a nitpick, "paedophilia" is the attraction to pre-pubescent children, and as such you can't prohibit it by law (except by punishing people that you discover have such attractions, I suppose).
Feel free to send me a private message.
Please visit my website here! It's got lots of information about atheism/theism and support for new atheists.

Index of useful threads and discussions
Index of my best videos
Quickstart guide to the forum
(April 12, 2018 at 7:10 am)robvalue Wrote: Does it say anything about puberty in the Quran?

It doesn't give the exact age but it says "their most prime/strength (ashadu)" and associated that with "mental maturity (rushd)" and show that to be the age where marriage is allowed, and you can gather that by all the verses about orphans and when they are given responsibility over the wealth that is saved up for them.

As for why Muslims don't see that, it's simply due to the sorcerers and sorcery leading them and winning in these dark times of ignorance.
(April 12, 2018 at 9:43 am)MysticKnight Wrote:
(April 12, 2018 at 7:10 am)robvalue Wrote: Does it say anything about puberty in the Quran?

It doesn't give the exact age but it says "their most prime/strength (ashadu)" and associated that with "mental maturity (rushd)" and show that to be the age where marriage is allowed, and you can gather that by all the verses about orphans and when they are given responsibility over the wealth that is saved up for them.

As for why Muslims don't see that, it's simply due to the sorcerers and sorcery leading them and winning in these dark times of ignorance.

Bolded mine.  Your break wasn't long enough.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
His break is on-going.   Angel

This thread is pointless. The quran insists that you don;t have to marry a girl to fuck the dogshit out of her as long as you own her. Did muslim slavers buy and sell young girls? Why yes..yes they did.

Why wouldn't they..lucrative market, niche product.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 12, 2018 at 5:20 am)Ruckus123 Wrote: Probably because this verse says you can divorce women whether they have reached the age of period or not. According to Ibn Kathir the quran commentator mentions this means young female.

65:4
And those who no longer expect menstruation among your women - if you doubt, then their period is three months, and [also for] those who have not menstruated. And for those who are pregnant, their term is until they give birth. And whoever fears Allah - He will make for him of his matter ease.

Though i have seen some interpretations meaning that when Abu Bakr asked Muhammad to not marry Aisha til she was 9 or 10 (age of period), since at that time she was 6 or 7 could just mean that you should take people's advice and not marry til they are more mature. But that argument is also a tad bit void considering Muhammad recommended a guy to marry a young woman over an old one. But i guess biologically speaking this doesnt make too little sense. But just on a whole considering Quran allows you to divorce females who has not menustrated yet. I can assume... 12 like Turkey does.

I am not for it, but if i had a religious apologetic stance this is the closest to defense i could give it.

Why did your mind favored pedophilia, and didn't favor this instead?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Amenorrhea

There is already a medical condition -which is not rare- for the absence of period.
Your opinion makes no sense when we consider the verses in my OP; which you ignored totally; sadly.

Instead of the medical condition, you straight ahead ignore the context, the other verses in my OP, and just like any Sunni/Shiite Muslim: you favor the POV of an ancient scholar.

Look below in the link for the causes of "Amenorrhea":

Quote:Low body weight
Women who perform considerable amounts of exercise on a regular basis or lose a significant amount of weight are at risk of developing hypothalamic (or 'athletic') amenorrhoea. Functional Hypothalamic Amenorrhoea (FHA) can be caused by stress, weight loss, and/or excessive exercise. Many women who diet or who exercise at a high level do not take in enough calories to expend on their exercise as well as to maintain their normal menstrual cycles.[7] The threshold of developing amenorrhoea appears to be dependent on low energy availability rather than absolute weight because a critical minimum amount of stored, easily mobilized energy is necessary to maintain regular menstrual cycles.[8]
Energy imbalance and weight loss can disrupt menstrual cycles through several hormonal mechanisms. Weight loss can cause elevations in the hormone ghrelin which inhibits the hypothalamic-pituitary-ovarial axis.[9] Elevated concentrations of ghrelin alter the amplitude of GnRH pulses, which causes diminished pituitary release of LH and follicle-stimulating hormone (FSH).[10]

Doesn't it make sense, to to take the historical context of ancient Arabia too? famine and hunger was the rule of the day, don't forget that few years later the Plague of Justinian -was it before or after- came, later on the black death came, all are reasons to cause Amenorrhea.

But I find your favoring of Ibn Kathir's opinion pretty surprising, Amenorrhea makes more sense.

(April 12, 2018 at 5:22 am)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(April 11, 2018 at 8:11 pm)AtlasS33 Wrote: Islam was accused of legalizing pedophilia by many parties.

And how many wives can we have?

If you feared to not be just with orphans; you can marry 4.

Yes; the only difference between an atheist and between "Osama" is that the first have 2 different lovers without an official contract, while the latter has "2 different lovers with an official contract".

Don't you find your comment ironic??

As a nitpick, "paedophilia" is the attraction to pre-pubescent children, and as such you can't prohibit it by law (except by punishing people that you discover have such attractions, I suppose).

So, in both cases I'm a bigot: if I believe the Hadith then I'm a pedo, if I go against it and favor the Quran alone I'm contradictory with psychology?

I think attraction to children is what it is: pedophilia: a psychological trauma. And if the law doesn't prohibit it, then why's the big fuss about it in the media, literature, psychological medical field...etc?

Also, why are Sunni/Shiite Muslims criticized for punishing gays?

Pedophilia is terrible because of the psychological implications it has -just like homosexuality-. But I won't feel weird if pedophilia became normal tomorrow, as the example is with Japan.

(April 12, 2018 at 9:57 am)Khemikal Wrote: His break is on-going.   Angel

This thread is pointless.  The quran insists that you don;t have to marry a girl to fuck the dogshit out of her as long as you own her.  Did muslim slavers buy and sell young girls?  Why yes..yes they did.  

Why wouldn't they..lucrative market, niche product.

The one important note is that "Marriage in Islam is governed by a contract that requires the woman's compliance".
Who cares...when you can just fuck your human property? No marriage contract (or compliance, for that matter) required. I mean..unless you count buying her from her previous owner..obvs.

This is a big issue for you, isn;t it..just eats away at your conscience. Why not go with your gut...drop magic book like the filth it is?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the Quran support Theocracy? Leonardo17 37 1637 1 hour ago
Last Post: Leonardo17
  New Controversies around the Desecration of the Quran Leonardo17 100 8268 August 20, 2023 at 12:10 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Quran and Hadiths annatar 34 20479 October 11, 2022 at 5:14 pm
Last Post: arewethereyet
  "Nas" is probably my favorite arabic word in the Quran Woah0 22 1231 August 22, 2022 at 3:19 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  [Quranic reflection]: The Big Bang theory in the Quran. WinterHold 62 4250 June 14, 2022 at 1:21 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  How I'd Reveal the Quran To Humanity ReptilianPeon 23 2847 May 11, 2022 at 9:22 pm
Last Post: Cavalry
  2-big bang theory in the Quran mo3taz3nbar 108 48673 April 3, 2022 at 12:09 pm
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  [Quranic Reflection]: Quran vs Hadith- why the Hadith is false WinterHold 176 11805 January 15, 2022 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  [Quranic Reflection]: On reading the Quran.. WinterHold 1 856 July 24, 2021 at 5:23 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  [Quranic Reflection]: moon absorbed by the sun in the Quran: far future. WinterHold 253 14037 December 18, 2020 at 9:25 pm
Last Post: polymath257