Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 27, 2024, 7:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Last Movie You Watched
RE: The Last Movie You Watched
Alien Covenant is on HBO currently. I've watched about half of it.
 The granting of a pardon is an imputation of guilt, and the acceptance a confession of it. 

(April 19, 2018 at 9:07 pm)vorlon13 Wrote: Alien Covenant is on HBO currently. I've watched about half of it.

Saw it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
[Image: Wonder_Woman_%282017_film%29.jpg]

Wonder Woman
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(April 19, 2018 at 11:08 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: [Image: Wonder_Woman_%282017_film%29.jpg]

Wonder Woman

Did you know that the "Queen of the Amazons" was "actually" a daughter of Ares?

And that the German cruiser was labeled "Schwaben", which was the name of German battleship of that period?
The Godfather... never seen it before... good but overrated. It's a classic, I get it. It's the original gangster movie, I get it. But it wasn't mindblowing or anything. I prefer Goodfellas.

Anything is better than Scarface though...

Before that I saw Taxi Driver. That's a classic too. Never seen that before either. That's not a gangster movie. That's one fucked up movie. Was less boring than The Godfather though, just purely by being fucked up as hell. Made it watchable. The main character was such a creep he distinctly reminded me of Excited Penguin!
I saw Star Wars: The Last Jedi recently.

Wasn't overly impressed I must say. I thought it was mildly entertaining but there were too many moments where I was like "WTF". I thought they butchered the whole notion of the force being a subtle, intriguing phenomenon and turned it into being completely daft space magic instead. I thought the interplay between Luke and Rey could've been done better and I feel like Rey should've had a far bigger role in the movie. More screen-time at least, I just felt like she took a back seat of sorts.

[Image: Alien+-+Covenant.jpg?format=300w]

Alien: Covenant

Eh. It was okay.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I want to see Rampage even though it’s likely going to disappoint. Not my style but the special effects look kinda cool.
(April 20, 2018 at 6:25 am)Hammy Wrote: Before that I saw Taxi Driver. That's a classic too. Never seen that before either. That's not a gangster movie. That's one fucked up movie. Was less boring than The Godfather though, just purely by being fucked up as hell. Made it watchable. The main character was such a creep he distinctly reminded me of Excited Penguin!

In fairness, Travis was a deeply troubled Vietnam vet.

Excited Penguin came by his creepiness naturally.
The 2016 remake of 'The Jungle Book'.  I thought it was very well done, with one minor quibble:  What is the bloody point of having Lupita Nyong'o AND Scarlett Johansson  in a film where you can't see either one of them??

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  About last night (A Haiku) no one 2 640 March 18, 2023 at 8:58 am
Last Post: no one
  What is your movie guilty pleasure? arewethereyet 51 4685 December 18, 2022 at 12:42 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Charles Bronson movie star Woah0 9 1014 September 12, 2022 at 10:25 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  In Hunchback of Notre Dame Disney movie, does Quasimodo imagine the gargoyles Woah0 5 749 August 24, 2022 at 2:47 pm
Last Post: Woah0
  How come "Snow White Disney movie" was so disliked by J.R.R Tolkien and C.S Lewis Woah0 3 606 August 21, 2022 at 10:56 am
Last Post: arewethereyet
  Soul 2020 movie Woah0 6 651 August 19, 2022 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Aegon
  What Were You Dreaming About Last Night? Disagreeable 17 2074 February 2, 2022 at 11:51 am
Last Post: no one
  Last night my 10-year old daughter said that she did not believe in God. Jehanne 22 2766 December 26, 2021 at 5:37 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Horror movie suggestions BrokenQuill92 16 1967 December 7, 2021 at 5:25 pm
Last Post: The Valkyrie
  The last book you read zwanzig 27 2245 October 18, 2021 at 9:45 am
Last Post: brewer