Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 5:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
Someone else, somewhere else, is posting a random thought to an atheist message board. Right now.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
I wonder if we’ll have the word pussy in our high school history books once Trump is added
(August 21, 2017 at 11:31 pm)KevinM1 Wrote: "I'm not a troll"
Religious Views: He gay

0/10

Hammy Wrote:and we also have a sheep on our bed underneath as well
I'm fine with day old coffee from the coffee maker in the kitchen.
Since I can't go to America myself for a few reasons (such as fear of flying, visas, fear of flying...), I decided to have a look at Google maps and see what cars people drive mostly.
In Washington I saw mostly imports from Japan and Europe and I gotta say I was a little disappointed. America makes great cars and I was expecting to see all muscles everywhere, not European and Japanese trash cans. Only government vehicles and city buses were American.
Then I jumped to Portland, OR - the city where one of my favorite tv series was made ("Grimm"). About half of the cars I saw were American. Then I remembered Toretto's words "900 horse power Detroit muscle", so I jumped to Detroit - the city known of making muscle cars. I saw some American muscle beauties, altough I'm still puzzled as to why the streets are so empty there.  Huh  Kinda looks like one of the maps in Carmageddon 2 - a few cars every now and then and that's it, no more vehicles, no traffic jams, no crowds.

And this image here: https://scontent-sof1-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t...e=5B7D5422 If I didn't know I was looking at images from Detroit, I would think this picture was taken at an open street market in my hometown where some people throw all the garbage on the ground.  Tongue  

I still gotta check NY out altough I think I already know what I'll see there - Toyota next to Toyota. [Image: puke.jpg]
Looks like the bigger the city is, the less people drive US cars.
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
(June 10, 2018 at 8:21 am)rado84 Wrote:

Just stay away from Florida. Wink

It's nothing but a poor socio-economic environment with a great deal of old people like me wandering around.
(June 10, 2018 at 8:25 am)Kit Wrote: Just stay away from Florida.  Wink

It's nothing but a poor socio-economic environment with a great deal of old people like me wandering around.

Do you realize that saying "stay away from Florida" will simply make me open it? Big Grin
[Image: OAsWbDZ.png]
(June 10, 2018 at 8:47 am)rado84 Wrote: Do you realize that saying "stay away from Florida" will simply make me open it? Big Grin

At your own peril, stubborn boy. Wink
Comment of an average xtian:
"God made us in His image that is eternal and made us for his purposes and the whole purpose for all of creation was for beings angels and humans to experience the creation and have fellowship with the creator. Angels were in the presence of God and Satan magnified himself as equal to God and 1/3 of he angelic host followed after him. This choice was a permanent condition for the angels and no gospel was given to them. Man is placed in a different dilemma in that we start from the place of corruption in that all of us are born with a nature that is rebellious to God. The redemption plot in creation was a demonstration that LORD loves creation and took on the lowest place to obtain the place of both almighty creator and the bridge to reconciliation through taking on flesh and blood and experiencing death that we deserve and making atonement for those who will confess their sins and recognize that the suffering servant is indeed the LORD almighty. The eternity of our souls and your idea that it is unjust to punish you forever is not the issue. By making that the issue you are putting God on trial and claiming to have some moral authority over God. Since God created all out of nothing would not all things belong to Him and one has the right of ownership to do with what belongs to him. One place in scripture talks about a potter and the clay and from the same lump of clay can be made vessels of honor and dishonor. You know a vase for flowers or a bedpan. We get to choose what type of vessel we will be. The eternity in hell is not the punishment for out sins but reflects a permanent condition our hearts reach and is sealed at death. The one who rejected Christ and the gospel is raised aware and bitter and will not and can not repent at that point. So the rejection of God is permanent and the eternal state of your soul is based on an eternal choice that continues. In the Resurrection the Christian who has been sealed with the Spirit of God is raised up without the nature of Adam. This is the salvation we need is deliverance from the very nature we are born with. A Christian lives through this life with a battle between the old nature and the nature of Christ and it is a daily struggle to resist sin and pursue Gods calling. Like a blossom on the tree only the ones that get pollen become fruit the others fall of the tree and it is too late. You have to receive salvation on this side of death."

In a nutshell what this christian is saying - "I'm ok to be a slave, because this Invisible Guy is Powerful, He has Badass Magic and he created me, so I'm gonna obey him and you must do the same thing".

This slave mentality is really really sad.

Another xtian quote:
"Except dead is not the cessation of consciousness. Without Christ (even if you never commit a sin or crime) you will spend eternity in a blast furnace.

He is your only way out."
From the perspective of the listener, there is no appreciable difference between violin music that is played 'pretty well' and violin music that is played 'really, terribly, horribly badly.'

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Neighborhood cat came up to the living room glass doors again. My territorial cat hissed and howled at the poor friendly thing.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2756 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2336 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2696 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2533 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 6567 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2387 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1342 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1395 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 990 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1241 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous