Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 23, 2024, 2:41 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why believe the bible?
RE: Why believe the bible?
Quote:Does the existence of folklore disprove claims of evolution as well? Can anyone use this type of reasoning to reject any evidence the don't want to admit? I don't think that this is an argument.
Again you compare scenario's that are nothing alike  Dodgy
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 4:07 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: And the existence of folklore proves that green M&M's are aphrodisiac and the world is populated by dangerous hitchhikers.

Does the existence of folklore disprove claims of evolution as well? Can anyone use this type of reasoning to reject any evidence the don't want to admit?  I don't think that this is an argument.

Are you really this impaired in your thinking?
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(June 29, 2018 at 5:06 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 5:01 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: Does the existence of folklore disprove claims of evolution as well? Can anyone use this type of reasoning to reject any evidence the don't want to admit?  I don't think that this is an argument.

Are you really this impaired in your thinking?

I find the reasoning bad... but I don’t think that it gets better when you do it.
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
(June 29, 2018 at 5:07 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 5:06 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote: Are you really this impaired in your thinking?

I find the reasoning bad... but I don’t think that it gets better when you do it.

Oh nanny nanny poo poo. You're going from bad to worse, RR.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Quote:I find the reasoning bad... but I don’t think that it gets better when you do it
No what she did was good reasoning what you did was utter nonsense

(June 29, 2018 at 5:09 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 5:07 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I find the reasoning bad... but I don’t think that it gets better when you do it.

Oh nanny nanny poo poo.  You're going from bad to worse, RR.

Oh come now that's far to mature for him
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 29, 2018 at 2:41 pm)Drich Wrote: don't you have some refrigeration homework you should be working on?

Listen fuckhead this is hardly the place for discussing refrigeration systems.

This is though: http://www.refrigeration-engineer.com/forums/forum.php

Post that same bollocks you posted yesterday and we will rip you a new one.
Yes, I'm a member and have been for seven years.
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(June 29, 2018 at 3:43 pm)SteveII Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 10:14 am)Mathilda Wrote: [CITATION REQUIRED]

Inferring from the nearly 6.8 billion people (almost 9 out of 10) who believe in the supernatural AND the 10,000 years of history where we see the same. Of course I might be wrong and it's all because of the superb evidence we are hiding from the little atheist population. 

Alternatively it could be poor education in critical thinking skills rather than being hard wired from birth to believe in the supernatural like you are saying.
(June 29, 2018 at 5:09 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 5:07 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: I find the reasoning bad... but I don’t think that it gets better when you do it.

Oh nanny nanny poo poo. You're going from bad to worse, RR.

Sorry I forgot that atheist arguments only apply to the things they want. I shouldn’t use the “reasoning” elsewhere
It is said that an argument is what convinces reasonable men and a proof is what it takes to convince even an unreasonable man.  - Alexander Vilenkin
If I am shown my error, I will be the first to throw my books into the fire.  - Martin Luther
Quote:Sorry I forgot that theist arguments only apply to the things they want. I shouldn’t use the “reasoning” elsewhere
Fixed that

Too bad your comparison does not even come close to what Jorm. And your"reasoning" is anything but .

(June 29, 2018 at 6:02 pm)Mathilda Wrote:
(June 29, 2018 at 3:43 pm)SteveII Wrote: Inferring from the nearly 6.8 billion people (almost 9 out of 10) who believe in the supernatural AND the 10,000 years of history where we see the same. Of course I might be wrong and it's all because of the superb evidence we are hiding from the little atheist population. 

Alternatively it could be poor education in critical thinking skills rather than being hard wired from birth to believe in the supernatural like you are saying.
Not to mention the fact that the number of people who accept the supernatural is meaningless to the existence of it or why we should by claims of it .

Inuit Proverb

(June 29, 2018 at 3:59 pm)RoadRunner79 Wrote: We can confirm a lot from writings outside of the Bible about the early beliefs of Christians, what was known of Jesus, and the early practices of the Church

http://coldcasechristianity.com/2017/is-...the-bible/

RoadRunner, did you see my critique of Stevels evidence? Do you wan't me to do the same with your link?
It will be trivialy easy. Should I go ahead?
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Why are Paul's writings in the Bible? Fake Messiah 122 6926 October 8, 2023 at 11:28 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Without citing the bible, what marks the bible as the one book with God's message? Whateverist 143 44853 March 31, 2022 at 7:05 am
Last Post: Gwaithmir
Rainbow Why I believe in Jesus Christ Ai Somoto 20 2845 June 30, 2021 at 4:25 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Why do Christians believe in the Resurrection of Jesus but not alien abductions? Jehanne 72 12017 June 27, 2016 at 1:54 am
Last Post: Redbeard The Pink
  Why do you believe in God? ObliviousCat 64 11846 May 4, 2015 at 11:32 am
Last Post: Hatshepsut
Question Why does the Bible say there are different races of people... Aractus 40 9715 March 5, 2015 at 12:59 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Illinois bible colleges: "We shouldn't have to follow state standards because bible!" Esquilax 34 7501 January 23, 2015 at 12:29 pm
Last Post: Spooky
  Why we believe Grasshopper 109 11529 January 14, 2015 at 4:20 am
Last Post: Alex K
  Why the Bible Doesn't Condemn Slavery Lek 73 18241 January 8, 2015 at 8:24 pm
Last Post: dyresand
  Why Don't Christians Have A Jubilee Year Like In The Bible Nope 18 7716 December 19, 2014 at 4:18 pm
Last Post: Drich