Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 3:29 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cosby Sentence
RE: Cosby Sentence
(September 26, 2018 at 11:54 pm)Huggy74 Wrote:
(September 26, 2018 at 10:12 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: This should be interesting. Black pro athletes are better than others comments seem to come to mind.

It would seem like Brewer isn't going to respond to my request to post the actual quote, so here it is:

(June 24, 2018 at 11:14 am)Huggy74 Wrote: 70 percent of NFL players are black
74 percent of NBA players are black
Blacks make up 12-13 percent of the population.

I'm not saying blacks are better I'm saying the stats don't support being "less evolved"
*emphasis mine*
Mind you that was from a thread asking if black people were less evolved... If I said something that wasn't true, feel free to correct it.

We've had threads started about blacks having low IQ's.

We've had threads started about blacks being less evolved.

I don't ever recall Brewer referring to those as racist...

I should have known you'd cherry pick.: https://atheistforums.org/post-1780340.html#pid1780340
I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.
Hugs, you ignored my question. Are you racist? Do you dislike white people?

Showing that a small subset of women sleep with old men for money does not show that Cosby could just get whatever he wanted because he was rich. Also, rape. He liked rape.
I feel like the rape part there is probably the most important.

But, nah, let’s talk about legal loopholes to get out of it and act like it’s all a vast conspiracy.
[Image: bbb59Ce.gif]

(September 17, 2015 at 4:04 pm)Parkers Tan Wrote: I make change in the coin tendered. If you want courteous treatment, behave courteously. Preaching at me and calling me immoral is not courteous behavior.
(September 27, 2018 at 8:01 am)mh.brewer Wrote:
(September 26, 2018 at 11:54 pm)Huggy74 Wrote: It would seem like Brewer isn't going to respond to my request to post the actual quote, so here it is:

*emphasis mine*
Mind you that was from a thread asking if black people were less evolved... If I said something that wasn't true, feel free to correct it.

We've had threads started about blacks having low IQ's.

We've had threads started about blacks being less evolved.

I don't ever recall Brewer referring to those as racist...

I should have known you'd cherry pick.: https://atheistforums.org/post-1780340.html#pid1780340

Since I'm cherry picking, why don't you point to the part where I stated.

(September 26, 2018 at 10:12 pm)mh.brewer Wrote: This should be interesting. Black pro athletes are better than others comments seem to come to mind.
Huggy, you gonna answer my question? I'd like to have a conversation on the topic of how you feel about white people and why. I think it could be interesting to see where you stand, judging by your posts here. I get your defense of your "race," but you seem to make apologies for convicted criminals who happen to be black. We know we agree about the treatment of black men in the system, but do you not believe any black men are guilty?

I'm going to come out and say that, as a really broad generalization, black guys have ups. White guys, not as often.
(September 27, 2018 at 7:28 am)Aroura Wrote: Someone else addressed the supposed "contradiction".  I didn't think I needed to repeat it.
It's not a supposed "contradiction", her testimony from 2005 differs from her more recent testimony. Apparently she remembers more NOW than she did 18 years ago.

You guys seem to be purposefully ignoring the fact that Constand has repeatedly contradicted herself, why? You don't think it's important.

Also the deposition where you stated that Cosby admitted to giving women quaaludes, he also stated he never actually had sev with Constand and when she asked him to stop, he did so. You can't cherry pick which parts of the deposition you're going to accept...

Also why did she continue to contact Cosby over 70 times and 9 times on Valentines day, AFTER she was supposedly raped?

until you guys address these questions, I'm going to continue to ask...

(September 27, 2018 at 7:28 am)Aroura Wrote: He has a wife and kids? Gah, the humanity.

I don't have any kids, but if I did they wouldn't be taken and given to someone who isn't a blood relative...

(September 27, 2018 at 8:37 am)Bob Kelso Wrote: I feel like the rape part there is probably the most important.

But, nah, let’s talk about legal loopholes to get out of it and act like it’s all a vast conspiracy.

No I'd say the fact that the accuser contradicted herself on multiple occasions is probably the primary issue...
Still trying to get a jab in I see. Oh well. Your hatred will be judged by everyone who can see that you use another member's painful experiences to guide your not-at-all-moral compass.
Disclaimer: I am only responsible for what I say, not what you choose to understand. 
(November 14, 2018 at 8:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: Have a good day at work.  If we ever meet in a professional setting, let me answer your question now.  Yes, I DO want fries with that.
I'll just lay this out there. How on earth could the Jello gelatin pops guy be guilty of anything bad?

(Though I do note he's vague about just what the right hand is doing while the left hand is holding the Jello gelatin pop.)

[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(September 27, 2018 at 10:30 am)Shell B Wrote: Huggy, you gonna answer my question? I'd like to have a conversation on the topic of how you feel about white people and why. I think it could be interesting to see where you stand, judging by your posts here. I get your defense of your "race," but you seem to make apologies for convicted criminals who happen to be black. We know we agree about the treatment of black men in the system, but do you not believe any black men are guilty?

I'm going to come out and say that, as a really broad generalization, black guys have ups. White guys, not as often.

I don't have anything against white people in general... but also generally I don't have to address why the theory of black having low IQ's or are less evolved is pure nonsense, but for some reason I have to tackle those subjects on this forum.

When those topics do arise very, very few people call out the racist OP's, so now I'm looking at most of the people here sideways, people like Brewer who never once called out the OP for his rascism, but me countering the argument of blacks being less evolved by stating that melanin is highly beneficial or that blacks make up more that 70 percent of the NFL / NBA (all of which are true), well THAT's apparently the most racist post Brewer has ever seen... Dodgy

Oh and then there posts like.

(March 22, 2015 at 10:57 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote: I think he just likes his "bling-bling". It's quite common for simple people to judge things on the basis of how shiny they are. If it were up to them - all the financial transactions would be conducted using golden chains and rims for currency...

For all disagreements I have with Khemikal, I have to say that he's the ONE person consistent with calling out racists, and for that I give him props.

I'm not making apologies for convicted criminals, I'm questioning the process by which the person was convicted. BIG DIFFERENCE! If you accept that corners were cut and are fine with it, then you can claim you're against innocent people going to prison because how do you think that happens? Is every juror a racist in those cases? Or do they simply not care about due process?

So my questions to you are...

Are you fine with the accuser giving contradicting testimony?

Are you fine with the accuser continuing to contact Cosby After the supposed rape? also she called him 9 times on valentines day... Think about that a sec, for at least 9 years she called Cosby every valentines day. That doesn't raise any questions?

Are you fine with the accusers family being a bunch of racists (that's according to a friend of the Constand family)?
(September 27, 2018 at 11:09 am)Huggy74 Wrote: I don't have anything against white people in general... but also generally I don't have to address why the theory of black having low IQ's or are less evolved is pure nonsense, but for some reason I have to tackle those subjects on this forum.

If and when you do have to do that, it's either people arguing the fact that they don't or that if they're testing this way, it's because of systemic racism that needs to be rectified by bettering schools in historically "black areas." The vast majority of users here are not prejudiced that I've seen. As for being less evolved, I'd be surprised if someone here was actually arguing that. Evolution doesn't select a race to advance while ignoring another. We are the same species, obviously.

Quote:When those topics do arise very, very few people call out the racist OP's, so now I'm looking at most of the people here sideways, people like Brewer who never once called out the OP for his rascism, but me countering the argument of blacks being less evolved by stating that melanin is highly beneficial or that blacks make up more that 70 percent of the NFL / NBA (all of which are true), well THAT's apparently the most racist post Brewer has ever seen... Dodgy

I'm surprised you feel that way. It's very unlike liberals, which most people here are, to be silent about racism. Maybe the OP was actually just discussing the dumbass theory rather than making an argument for it?

Quote:I'm not making apologies for convicted criminals, I'm questioning the process by which the person was convicted. BIG DIFFERENCE! If you accept that corners were cut and are fine with it, then you can claim you're against innocent people going to prison because how do you think that happens? Is every juror a racist in those cases? Or do they simply not care about due process?

I don't think Bill Cosby is innocent. I think he raped people, and I think that you could find a better example through which to argue your actually good point.

Quote:Are you fine with the accuser giving contradicting testimony?

Eyewitness testimony is notoriously unreliable. Am I okay with it? In this case, I don't think it's what convicted him, so I don't care as much.

Quote:Are you fine with the accuser continuing to contact Cosby After the supposed rape? also she called him 9 times on valentines day... Think about that a sec, for at least 9 years she called Cosby every valentines day. That doesn't raise any questions?

Yes, I'm fine with it. Have you ever been raped? It's a psychological shit show. You can't really decide how they're "supposed to" behave. That's a big problem with rape apologists. They don't get what it's like to be raped.

Quote:Are you fine with the accusers family being a bunch of racists (that's according to a friend of the Constand family)?

No, but that doesn't make him innocent.

So, you don't generally speaking think that white people are inherently racist?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Cosby on the loose. onlinebiker 58 6870 July 28, 2021 at 8:45 pm
Last Post: Bucky Ball
  Bill Cosby Guilty! c172 139 23458 May 11, 2018 at 9:50 pm
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Bill Cosby Case: mistrial Foxaèr 27 8881 June 24, 2017 at 8:53 pm
Last Post: Seraphina
  Saudi atheist blogger may get death sentence. Brian37 6 1315 March 1, 2015 at 2:39 pm
Last Post: Whateverist