Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 3:53 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
RE: Kavanaugh Can Join Thomas.
It's another week for more women to come forward.  I'm sure this drunken pervert never stopped doing it.
I believe her. I don't think she was lying. I think she was definitely sexually assaulted at a party when she was 15. What I am wondering about is whether it is a possibility that this may be an honest case of mistaken identity. Only because there are a couple of things that actually do back up Brett's claim of innocence. Like his journal from that summer, and other people saying they definitely were not at that party with him. I hope they investigate this and find the truth. Either a guilty man will finally be held accountable for his crime, or an innocent man will be exonerated. There is no down side here.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh
She's 100% positive it was him.
(September 28, 2018 at 7:54 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I believe her. I don't think she was lying. I think she was definitely sexually assaulted at a party when she was 15. What I am wondering about is whether it is a possibility that this may be an honest case of mistaken identity. Only because there are a couple of things that actually do back up Brett's claim of innocence. Like his journal from that summer, and other people saying they definitely were not at that party with him. I hope they investigate this and find the truth. Either a guilty man will finally be held accountable for his crime, or an innocent man will be exonerated. There is no down side here.
1. Just because he wrote something in his journal does not mean it's what he did and that same journal has disturbing implications 

2. Just because some people didn't see him their does not mean he wasn't 

3.She absolutely positive it's him  

But your overall point is correct  Great
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(September 28, 2018 at 7:54 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote: I believe her. I don't think she was lying. I think she was definitely sexually assaulted at a party when she was 15. What I am wondering about is whether it is a possibility that this may be an honest case of mistaken identity. Only because there are a couple of things that actually do back up Brett's claim of innocence. Like his journal from that summer, and other people saying they definitely were not at that party with him. I hope they investigate this and find the truth. Either a guilty man will finally be held accountable for his crime, or an innocent man will be exonerated. There is no down side here.

Check out his July 1 entry.
(September 28, 2018 at 7:54 pm)Catholic_Lady Wrote:  Either a guilty man will finally be held accountable for his crime,
Nope, he just won't get the cushy new job....hell, even if they do find out there's no evil doppelganger running around he might -still- get the job.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 28, 2018 at 8:24 pm)julep Wrote:

Check out his July 1 entry.
Yeah that page is freaking scary in how much it matches the allegations
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

Even if he didn't do it - and I think he did - his penchant for evasive, deceptive answer and his temperament make him utterly unsuitable to fill any judgeship, much less on SCOTUS.

I'm -thrilled- there's going to be an investigation but it may matter little.

At least until the election.
The guy pulled a Don Jr.  Apparently he was drinking at a party around the time mentioned with the people mentioned.  Kind of funny, since he own goaled himself with another accusation by Beach Week.

That's assuming he keeps wonderful calendars, so wonderful they could totally exonerate him if they didn't, in fact, strengthen the allegations and erode the credibility of his earlier protestations about being such a good boy. Sup Bart, you keep good calendars or what?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(September 28, 2018 at 8:34 pm)Cathooloo Wrote: Even if he didn't do it - and I think he did - his penchant for evasive, deceptive answer and his temperament make him utterly unsuitable to fill any judgeship, much less on SCOTUS.

I'm -thrilled- there's going to be an investigation but it may matter little.

At least until the election.

On the contrary, IF he is innocent (big if), I can understand why he is angry. Could you imagine being wrongfully accused, in front of the whole world, of sexually assaulting women? Not only does that ruin your career, but your family and your name. Over something you never did. If he is innocent, I dont blame him for acting angry. I think any human would, under those circumstances.
"Of course, everyone will claim they respect someone who tries to speak the truth, but in reality, this is a rare quality. Most respect those who speak truths they agree with, and their respect for the speaking only extends as far as their realm of personal agreement. It is less common, almost to the point of becoming a saintly virtue, that someone truly respects and loves the truth seeker, even when their conclusions differ wildly." 

-walsh

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  [Serious] Can you sew? Can you save a life? Gawdzilla Sama 30 2875 April 5, 2020 at 10:54 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Canadian Army To Join UN Peacekeeping Operation In Mali Amarok 14 1538 March 20, 2018 at 4:07 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Join the NRA! Gawdzilla Sama 20 4922 October 7, 2017 at 3:50 am
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  I Should Join AARP - I Certainly Qualify! Minimalist 4 1352 June 16, 2017 at 10:04 pm
Last Post: vorlon13
  Sinn Fein staffer with IRA links to join Jeremy Corbyn's team account_inactive 9 2775 December 15, 2016 at 10:29 am
Last Post: account_inactive
  Americans who join ISIS. Anomalocaris 2 1407 September 11, 2014 at 1:37 pm
Last Post: Minimalist