Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: May 30, 2024, 12:15 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Donald Trump predicting Red Wave!!
RE: Donald Trump predicting Red Wave!!
If nothing big changes between now and Nov 6th, the odds of the Democrats gaining a House majority are significantly better than fifty-fifty. A few Senate seats may change party hands, but the chances of the Dems gaining a Senate majority are very slim, they're at least as likely to lose a seat or two. Trump is underwater with Independents, and that's a lot of votes up for grabs by Democrats, but most of the competitive seats are in the House.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
(July 30, 2018 at 11:18 am)Libertarian God Wrote:
(July 30, 2018 at 11:13 am)Cecelia Wrote: And?  That's totally meaningless.

Surely if you support privatizing education you'll speak with your wallet and not with your words.  I mean why not attend the University of Phoenix?  I mean that's what you want MY kids to have to do, except at the middle and grade school level.  You seem to have no problem forcing MY kids to go to a for-profit institution, when you won't choose one for yourself?  Yeah, I'm calling bullshit on that.

UofA was the only option I had. It's a great school and is close to home. However, in the near future I believe education should be privatized at least below college. A lot more would get done. Teacher pay would be more competitive and so on. Public universities seem to operate just fine. But of course private education if made possible should be affordable, but this would lead to it being competitive thus lowering the costs. Anyways, you sound kind of crazy and like a radical. I'm done with you.

How heavily should they be regulated? As private institutions, are they now allowed to teach whatever they want? Creationism instead of evolution? Omitting slavery? Etc etc. Would it be government overreach to insist they should stick to a certain curriculum (that would undoubtedly have to be approved by government)?
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]
Bump...2 weeks to go!  Of course, all (or, nearly all) of Trump's supporters have long since forgotten The Donald's prediction of increased Republican control of Congress.

I haven't forgotten, and so, as promised....

Worship
Still not voting.

Cool
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
(October 22, 2018 at 9:13 am)Kit Wrote: Still not voting.

Cool

I hope it's because you're not qualified to vote in a US election and not because you don't give enough of a shit to mark a ballot.
I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-stupid.
What someone else hopes has no bearing in my decision making, ever.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Cool

If you can vote, you should.  For a secularist, there can really be no higher calling.

Cool

You have no rational basis for this decision. I think we've been over this.
[Image: nL4L1haz_Qo04rZMFtdpyd1OZgZf9NSnR9-7hAWT...dc2a24480e]

Cool

You've got to vote. Look at what happened over here (Brexit) through people not making their voices heard.
(October 22, 2018 at 9:22 am)Kit Wrote: What someone else hopes has no bearing in my decision making, ever.

Perhaps you'll feel differently about voting when you actually have someone else whose hopes fucking matter to you.

Sad.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  So what is GOP's plan for the new wave of newborns? Fake Messiah 47 3425 April 30, 2024 at 7:37 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1899 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 3101 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1123 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 8590 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei FlatAssembler 7 804 September 30, 2019 at 4:04 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Why Red Flag Laws Won't Work. onlinebiker 203 11292 August 26, 2019 at 4:09 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  How Richard Neal (D-MA) is helping Donald Trump ReptilianPeon 0 347 August 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 37111 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2243 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay