Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 26, 2024, 5:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei
My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei
So, guys, I've decided to make another YouTube video, this time criticizing Trump for making unfounded accusation of spying against Huawei:
https://youtu.be/K9TpzrlEWAU
What do you think about it?
RE: My Video about Donald Trump Banning Huawei
I think this is not your personal vlog.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
I mean, do you think my arguments presented in that video are good? The basic argument is that since big tech firms (Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, Motorola) have trouble making innocent programs that won't be misdetected as spyware by AVs, it's silly to assume Huawei can make actual spyware that can't be detected by any AV for Android. Though I wonder why nobody has made that argument before, as far as I know.
(September 28, 2019 at 10:00 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: I mean, do you think my arguments presented in that video are good? The basic argument is that since big tech firms (Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, Motorola) have trouble making innocent programs that won't be misdetected as spyware by AVs, it's silly to assume Huawei can make actual spyware that can't be detected by any AV for Android. Though I wonder why nobody has made that argument before, as far as I know.

Haven't watched it. Not going to watch it. Don't care that much about it.

Boru
‘But it does me no injury for my neighbour to say there are twenty gods or no gods. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.’ - Thomas Jefferson
(September 28, 2019 at 10:16 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
(September 28, 2019 at 10:00 am)FlatAssembler Wrote: I mean, do you think my arguments presented in that video are good? The basic argument is that since big tech firms (Microsoft, Google, Mozilla, Motorola) have trouble making innocent programs that won't be misdetected as spyware by AVs, it's silly to assume Huawei can make actual spyware that can't be detected by any AV for Android. Though I wonder why nobody has made that argument before, as far as I know.

Haven't watched it. Not going to watch it. Don't care that much about it.

Boru

If you make a post saying "I don't care about it.", you should at least explain why you think people shouldn't care about it. Otherwise, don't you think that's low-content-posting?

You know, I don't think I'll make YouTube videos any more, or at least in the near future. They take way more time and effort to make than a blog-post, and I really don't see they are more effective at reaching people. I mean, it took me more than an hour just to upload it to YouTube from a public WiFi in a coffee-bar, the Internet speed there is around 1mbps. And I can't install Kdenlive, for editing the videos, directly on Oracle Linux, nor, as far as I can tell, any other program for editing the videos, I needed to make an Ubuntu virtual machine for that (since Ubuntu crashes during installation if I try to install it directly on my Acer Nitro 5, presumably because of the NVIDIA drivers), and there it works, well, slow. The virtual machine often gets unresponsive and I need to reset it, losing all my work. It's incredibly frustrating, and, as far as I can tell, not worth the effort.
Quote:If you make a post saying "I don't care about it.", you should at least explain why you think people shouldn't care about it. Otherwise, don't you think that's low-content-posting?

I didn't say people shouldn't care about it.  I said that *I* don't care about it.

What's wrong with low content posting?

Boru
(September 29, 2019 at 5:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:If you make a post saying "I don't care about it.", you should at least explain why you think people shouldn't care about it. Otherwise, don't you think that's low-content-posting?

I didn't say people shouldn't care about it.  I said that *I* don't care about it.

Boru
And yet you cared enough about it to post a comment that most of the people would interpret as being intended for devaluing my work.
(September 30, 2019 at 2:30 am)FlatAssembler Wrote:
(September 29, 2019 at 5:07 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: I didn't say people shouldn't care about it.  I said that *I* don't care about it.

Boru
And yet you cared enough about it to post a comment that most of the people would interpret as being intended for devaluing my work.

Not a bit of it.  I just don't think that this is the proper showcase for it.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Banning circumsicion FrustratedFool 114 8784 November 29, 2023 at 9:54 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  Donald Trump is the best American president that USA has ever had Edge92 21 1723 June 4, 2021 at 6:57 pm
Last Post: Nay_Sayer
  Donald Trump and Melania test positive for Coronavirus zebo-the-fat 42 2860 October 4, 2020 at 6:19 pm
Last Post: GUBU
  Are more Trump signs indicative of Trump winning? Dingo 15 1060 October 1, 2020 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  Donald Trump Officially Impeached! Rev. Rye 118 8161 December 28, 2019 at 6:51 am
Last Post: downbeatplumb
  Trump supporters made a very interesting video brewer 19 1483 October 15, 2019 at 7:18 am
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  How Richard Neal (D-MA) is helping Donald Trump ReptilianPeon 0 329 August 11, 2019 at 3:56 am
Last Post: ReptilianPeon
  Trump VS Trump (not exactly political news but I have no idea where to post this) Cepheus Ace 0 36908 February 12, 2019 at 2:15 am
Last Post: Cepheus Ace
  Just when I thought that Donald Trump could not get any dumber... Jehanne 16 2163 November 27, 2018 at 12:27 pm
Last Post: YahwehIsTheWay
  Donald Trump predicting Red Wave!! Jehanne 99 12293 November 18, 2018 at 12:29 am
Last Post: Minimalist