Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 27, 2024, 4:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
Opening beer bottles with your teeth... Never a good idea.
[Image: 9pH5RZo.jpg]
(October 26, 2018 at 6:28 am)Gawdzilla Sama Wrote:

Your cousins?
Exploring Skellige.
How come the wind always gets up just as you've got your leaves in a pile?
Quote:The Party for the Animals, the only animal-rights party to be represented in a national parliament, has proposed a law requiring that all animals be stunned before slaughter. The proposal has united Islamic and Jewish leaders in defense of what they see as a threat to their religious freedom, because their religious doctrines prohibit eating meat from animals that are not conscious when killed. The Dutch Parliament has given the leaders a year to prove that their religions’ prescribed methods of slaughter cause no more pain than slaughter with prior stunning. If they cannot do so, the requirement to stun before slaughtering will be implemented.

But prohibiting the ritual slaughter of animals does not stop Jews or Muslims from practicing their religion. During the debate on the Party for the Animals’ proposal, Rabbi Binyomin Jacobs, Chief Rabbi of the Netherlands, told members of Parliament: “If we no longer have people who can do ritual slaughter in the Netherlands, we will stop eating meat.” And that, of course, is what one should do, if one adheres to a religion that requires animals to be slaughtered in a manner less humane than can be achieved by modern techniques. Neither Islam nor Judaism upholds a requirement to eat meat.

~ Ethics in the Real World: 82 Brief Essays on Things That Matter. Peter Singer. 2012.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
I know it would be dangerous, but I would love to own a jedi light saber to prune my garden with.
Also wondering if you could shape a plant over a period of time with strong magnets.

Quote:The Schengen Area ( /ˈʃɛŋən/, /ˈʃɛŋɡən/) is an area comprising 26 European states that have officially abolished passport and all other types of border control at their mutual borders. The area mostly functions as a single jurisdiction for international travel purposes, with a common visa policy. The area is named after the Schengen Agreement. States in the Schengen Area have strengthened border controls with non-Schengen countries.

Twenty-two of the twenty-eight European Union (EU) member states participate in the Schengen Area. Of the six EU members that are not part of the Schengen Area, four—Bulgaria, Croatia, Cyprus, and Romania—are legally obliged to join the area, while the other two—the Republic of Ireland and the United Kingdom—maintain opt-outs. The four European Free Trade Association (EFTA) member states, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, and Switzerland, are not members of the EU, but have signed agreements in association with the Schengen Agreement. Three European microstates—Monaco, San Marino, and the Vatican City—are de facto part of the Schengen Area.

The Schengen Area has a population of over 400 million people and an area of 4,312,099 square kilometres (1,664,911 sq mi). About 1.7 million people commute to work across a European border each day, and in some regions these people constitute up to a third of the workforce. Each year, there are 1.3 billion crossings of Schengen borders in total. 57 million crossings are due to transport of goods by road, with a value of €2.8 trillion each year. The decrease in the cost of trade due to Schengen varies from 0.42% to 1.59% depending on geography, trade partners, and other factors. Countries outside of the Schengen area also benefit.

Wikipedia || Schengen Area
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(October 27, 2018 at 7:08 pm)Little lunch Wrote: I know it would be dangerous, but I would love to own a jedi light saber to prune my garden with.
Also wondering if you could shape a plant over a period of time with strong magnets.

We have a neighbor who has an immense Bougainvillea plant growing in one of the back corners of their lot. My sons and I have joked about how nice it would be to have a light saber and just slice the thing at the property line. Expected benefit would be that the thing would be unbalanced, and would teeter over into their yard.

Plants don't have enough iron in them for magnets to have much effect, btw. If you strapped magnets to it strategically and had other magnets or even some iron, then yes, you could likely force a shape you wanted.
If you get to thinking you’re a person of some influence, try ordering somebody else’s dog around.
(October 26, 2018 at 3:52 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Opening beer bottles with your teeth... Never a good idea.

No.

You open them with someone else's teeth.

Attached or not.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2317 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2091 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2402 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2300 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5827 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2147 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1202 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1254 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 874 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1196 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous