Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 4:38 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(November 12, 2018 at 3:02 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 2:49 pm)purplepurpose Wrote: Everena, what country are you from? Do you have a husband?

United States and I prefer not to share personal information.

I live in a country, that in my area at least is almost devoid of theists.
Its a good country with a much better system of social care than America.

So how in a mainly godless country can our morality be so much more demonstrably superior to the rather in your face Christian country of the US?

The less religious they are, the better the people tend to be. This is seen everywhere in the world.
So it follows that religion is bad for humanity.

Look at the least religious countries quality of life and crime rates. Look at the US and atheist population percentages in prison.

From the face of it Atheism makes you better.

Why would a god make it thus?

You can fix ignorance, you can't fix stupid.

Tinkety Tonk and down with the Nazis.

Fine, Everena. You're not even listening. Your problem isn't that you disagree with atheists, it's that you're insensitive to the very good reasons for our disbelief. Have fun doing whatever it is you are trying to do here.

FWIW, there are theists with whom I can have a productive conversation about such matters. You simply aren't one of them. My advice is to educate yourself and work on your logic (which is horrid btw) before attempting to persuade skeptics to see things from your point of view.
(November 12, 2018 at 3:09 pm)downbeatplumb Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 3:02 pm)Everena Wrote: United States and I prefer not to share personal information.

I live in a country, that in my area at least is almost devoid of theists.
Its a good country with a much better system of social care than America.

So how in a mainly godless country can our morality be so much more demonstrably superior to the rather in your face Christian country of the US?

The less religious they are, the better the people tend to be. This is seen everywhere in the world.
So it follows that religion is bad for humanity.

Look at the least religious countries quality of life and crime rates. Look at the US and atheist population percentages in prison.

From the face of it Atheism makes you better.

Why would a god make it thus?
93% of the world believes in God. See for yourself 73 cited scholarly sources. 
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demographics_of_atheism

What countries are you claiming don't believe in God? And the US is pretty darn good. We have the richest poor people in the world.

(November 12, 2018 at 3:12 pm)vulcanlogician Wrote: Fine, Everena. You're not even listening. Your problem isn't that you disagree with atheists, it's that you're insensitive to the very good reasons for our disbelief. Have fun doing whatever it is you are trying to do here.

FWIW, there are theists with whom I can have a productive conversation about such matters. You simply aren't one of them. My advice is to educate yourself and work on your logic (which is horrid btw) before attempting to persuade skeptics to see things from your point of view.

Higher intelligence than mere humans as the creating force of this universe is the only logical assumption anyone can make, and I have a college education. Do you? Also, you did not answer my question.
If a bunch of people believing in something had any merit, the world would be chock full of a bunch of even stranger shit than it already is.  

Most of those believers, however, think that you're completely (and probably sinfully) wrong about god.  If a bunch of people believing something is supposed to establish anything about it's truth...then you're going to have to accept that you're wrong about god..right?

Well, no, ofc not..because that's not how anything works...but it's also not how anything -you- want to assert works. Consider all of the ways you're screwing the pooch with this one. That number of people emphatically do not believe what you believe..so even if lots of people believing something made it true (or at least likely to be true) nothing about their beliefs makes yours true, or more likely to be true. It's a fundamentally dishonest argument from the outset..which also has the added bonus of being a textbook logical fallacy.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 12, 2018 at 2:59 pm)no one Wrote: So let me see if I get what you're saying, Everena. There is a god. A god which is just pure energy. A god that does not intervene. A god that basically set all the wheels in motion, then forgot about us? So Earth is essentially a Petri dish, and we are, more of less, Penicillin?

A God that is a massive form of energy is how I envision God, yes. No, God does not intervene because our lives here are our challenge, not Gods. God did not forget about us. We are here to learn through struggles and suffering and heartbreak, through compassion and kindness and generosity, to become better people who are deserving of an eternity in paradise.
(November 12, 2018 at 2:45 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 2:40 pm)Whateverist Wrote: It just strikes me as an inelegant arrangement and therefore a stretch for the imagination.

That's all the questions I have for you except one.  Is your avatar a picture of Elphaba from the play Wicked?

No, it's a picture of me, why? 
And what do you consider to be a stretch for the imagination? That we are more than mere robots?

Nope, we are simply blood and gut creatures exactly as we appear to be.  Maybe you are simply underestimating the performance dynamics of blood and gut creatures fine tuned over the course of billions of years to out compete the competition.

Come on though, your picture sure does look like  Elphaba to me.  Have you seen that play?  Here is a photo of someone dressed up to be her, but a little risqué.

MMMM, soul making theologies.  Gotta love those...though I wonder what the infant lying dead on the side of the road being eaten by vultures could have learned in it's short existence?

Additionally, the simple fact that there are infants lying dead on the side of the road being eaten by vultures seems to strongly suggest that this "god" has, itself, very little understanding of compassion, kindness, or generosity... it makes one wonder if that god deserves an eternity in paradise.

Or, you know..you just made that shit up. 50/50.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(November 11, 2018 at 4:17 pm)Everena Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 3:45 pm)Pandæmonium Wrote: You say you’ve studied science? But you’re asking fundamental questions about abiogenesis, the formation of matter, the Big Bang etc, as though you’ve never heard of any of it before?

It’s almost as if, you’re lying about that too?

It all requires an intelligent agent, or it doesn't happen.

Evidence for tor baseless assertion?

That which van be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without consideration.
Thief and assassin for hire. Member in good standing of the Rogues Guild.
(November 12, 2018 at 3:28 pm)Whateverist Wrote:
(November 12, 2018 at 2:45 pm)Everena Wrote: No, it's a picture of me, why? 
And what do you consider to be a stretch for the imagination? That we are more than mere robots?

Whateverist: Nope, we are simply blood and gut creatures exactly as we appear to be.  Maybe you are simply underestimating the performance dynamics of a blood and gut creatures fine tuned over the course of billions of years to out compete the competition.

Everena: We are not blood and gut creatures. We have conscious self awareness, intelligence, emotions, attraction to the opposite sex, and a will to live. Maybe you will answer my question, since the other two atheists I asked couldn't. What force of nature would care if we had a sex drive and a will to live? The force of nothing with no intelligence?

And this disgusting slutty picture you posted looks nothing like me and no I have not seen the play.

[Image: 8011359138_1941a73baf_b.jpg][/hide]

(November 12, 2018 at 3:35 pm)The Gentleman Bastard Wrote:
(November 11, 2018 at 4:17 pm)Everena Wrote: It all requires an intelligent agent, or it doesn't happen.

Evidence for tor baseless assertion?

That which van be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without consideration.

I'm just going to keep asking atheists this until someone gives me an answer. What force of nature would care if we had a sex drive and a will to live? The force of nothing with no intelligence?
Hey, where did CDF go? Everena, might you have any idea? 😉
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1151 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1501 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7994 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 8095 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 4199 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2315 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1547 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 2079 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5321 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2059 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey