Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 3, 2024, 6:40 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
Quote:They are suffering regardless of what my philosophy is. And as someone who has suffered a great deal, it is better to have an explanation for why the pain is happening and an eventual positive outcome, than to think the pain is just happening for no reason, and then you die and go nowhere.

Actually I've found people like to told the honest truth, no matter how hard it is.
Once again the infantile Everena thinks she gets to make up shit because (according to her) it produces a better outcome.
Just make up whatever you want, because it makes you feel better. Hedonism, I guess. How very odd.
Delusional, and Utilitarian. Utilitarianism is a slippery slope.

So, according to you, your mother only suffered because of the pain she caused others.
Sorry. There is no Santa or Easter Bunny. Obviously you can't accept that.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(November 26, 2018 at 4:36 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
Quote:They are suffering regardless of what my philosophy is. And as someone who has suffered a great deal, it is better to have an explanation for why the pain is happening and an eventual positive outcome, than to think the pain is just happening for no reason, and then you die and go nowhere.

Once again the infantile Everena thinks she gets to make up shit because (according to her) it produces a better outcome.
Just make up whatever you want, because it makes you feel better. Hedonism, I guess. How very odd.
Delusional, and Utilitarian. Utilitarianism is a slippery slope.

So, according to you, your mother only suffered because of the pain she caused others.
Sorry. There is no Santa or Easter Bunny. Obviously you can't accept that.
Indeed pure argument from consequences

[Image: dc1f50dac24363050f651ee136c29504.jpg]
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

One has to wonder if habitual arguing from consequence contribute to symptoms of schizophrenia.
Even though you have NO credentials or expertise in the field, and don't even understand the most basic concepts in science. LOL.
Ah yes... but you're the one who's going to open for us the mysteries of the universe.

Another thing the god-botherers do, is use science, (including evolution as practiced in medicine with antibiotics engineered to get around EVOLVING bacteria),
ie they call 911, if they have chest pain or other things. They don't just pray, if they pray at all, and avail themselves of EVERY cure science has researched and found, to maintain life. They're in no hurry to get to their god(s). There is no evidence theists ever say "OK, stop the treatments, I'm ready for heaven" ... any more often than anyone else. They don't *really* believe much it appears. If they do, it has no practical effect.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

(November 26, 2018 at 3:28 am)Deesse23 Wrote:
Quote:Paleophyte:
God needlessly created suffering.
God is malevolent.

Quote:Everena: Only atheists believe in death. We believe in eternal life.

Changing the subject doesnt equal an answer (subject: suffering. Answer: death). Even if we never died, Paleos statement wouldnt have been refuted. We would be able to eternally suffer which is.......hmmm...even worse than temporal, needless suffering?

You just made his argument stronger for him. Consoling
No and what you cut out that I said was that people only ever suffer pain that they have intentionally caused to others. God is not malevolent, people are. And there is no real death and I do not believe in eternal suffering.
More fantasy rationalization.
(November 26, 2018 at 4:19 pm)Everena Wrote: [quote pid='1858801' dateline='1543261134']

LOL You are a joke. You are the only one with any bad karma from your ridiculous unfounded lies and accusations and your childish sexist name calling and freakish behaviors when God wins and you lose. 
 And you have never been brow beaten by anyone here, you're just pissed off because I can beat you at your own game while at the same time getting rewards in heaven for it. HA!

[/quote]

Little valley girls who *need* (and have repeatedly done so) .. to claim they "beat" people, and REPEATEDLY *need* to claim they "won"
betray their maturity level (playground level) and vast insecurity every time they do it. Just like Donald Trump. Everena is as insecure as Trump is.
She has converted NO ONE here. No one buys her silly little made up shit about living forever, and the BS about souls.
But she *needs* to keep telling herself she "beat" someone. How bizarre.

(November 26, 2018 at 5:27 am)Amarok Wrote: So more of her pop science bullocks that she has not even read Dodgy

What pop science are you claiming that I have never even read? Be specific.
[Image: cartoon-record-player-wavey-vinyl.gif]
She keeps playing the same dead tone
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(November 26, 2018 at 4:19 pm)Everena Wrote: LOL You are a joke. You are the only one with any bad karma from your ridiculous unfounded lies and accusations and your childish sexist name calling and freakish behaviors when God wins and you lose. 
 And you have never been brow beaten by anyone here, you're just pissed off because I can beat you at your own game while at the same time getting rewards in heaven for it. HA!

(November 26, 2018 at 4:51 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Little valley girls who *need* (and have repeatedly done so) .. to claim they "beat" people, and REPEATEDLY *need* to claim they "won"
betray their maturity level (playground level) and vast insecurity every time they do it. Just like Donald Trump. Everena is as insecure as Trump is.
She has converted NO ONE here. No one buys her silly little made up shit about living forever, and the BS about souls.
But she *needs* to keep telling herself she "beat" someone. How bizarre.

You will never spend another honest day as an atheist no matter what you want to pretend in front of a group of other atheists. Atheism is illogical to the point of being impossible.

And I am not a valley girl.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1014 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1360 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: GUBU
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7536 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 7527 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 3914 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2215 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1478 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 1998 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5077 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2005 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey