Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 20, 2024, 9:12 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(December 1, 2018 at 6:22 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(December 1, 2018 at 4:41 pm)Deesse23 Wrote: But why do they seem not to have an original though themselves? All i ever hear is the same, repetitive BS they read somewhere. Its clear they only have a very superficial understanding of what they present. Its also astonishing that seemingly every single one has the very same misconceptions about evolution and its mechanisms.

The lack of understanding why random mutation and natural selection is something completely different from simple randomness....is it lack of education? Disingenuity? Just intellectual laziness? I really dont get it, how someone can be so uneducated, and keep being that way in the face of ample information and chance to get some proper education.

Ideological silos.  They're not ignorant, they just live in a different world.

Is a person who has a mental model that satisfy him for everything but each mental model lack analogies to or predicative power over its counterpart in reality ignorant or knowledgeable?

(December 1, 2018 at 4:41 pm)Deesse23 Wrote: But why do they seem not to have an original though themselves? All i ever hear is the same, repetitive BS they read somewhere. Its clear they only have a very superficial understanding of what they present. Its also astonishing that seemingly every single one has the very same misconceptions about evolution and its mechanisms.

The lack of understanding why random mutation and natural selection is something completely different from simple randomness....is it lack of education? Disingenuity? Just intellectual laziness? I really dont get it, how someone can be so uneducated, and keep being that way in the face of ample information and chance to get some proper education.

Or lets take complexity and design. The argument from complexity ist so mind-blowingly stupid, i cant even.....
I am an engineer, and most of my time is not devoted to just *invent* something, but to design by the simplest means, most cheap, most robust, most fucking simple. Simplicity is a hallmark of design (particularly a good one), not complexity. Any idiot can design a spaceship, but only the best engineers pack a ton of scientific instruments into the most lightweight spaceship. Complexity eats up valuable resources, no one wants to eat up more resources than needed. Do these people who endlessly repeat this complexity = goddidit nonsense not have any friends or family in the technical sector? What are they reading or otherwise soaking up information in their minds to keep themselves so monumentally uninformed? Are there really people who take stuff like discovery institute for real or answers in genesis? With this kind of ignorance, how can they even choose which is the best TV or car to buy when they have to buy one? Its utterly absurd.

The only way all of this fits into a picture (for me) is: Its all a desperate attempt to shield ones belief. Not a single person is actually trying to learn or understand or converse. They are just trying to defend what they already believe, and the reasons they believe are certainly not based on the arguments they present. It has been said very often that they have reasons to believe and give reasons to defend said beliefs, but those two rarely ever overlap.

Sorry for ranting, but 1000 pages just for two idiotic trolls who clearly have no clue what they are talking about and certainly dont care about learning anything (even proving flat out lies by quotes of simple claims they made and then, literally a few posts later deny) is just a monumental waste of ...resources. The most ironic thing being that by spitting BS over 1000,  they dont lie to most sceptics on this board, whom you certainly cant impress with this nonsense, but they are lying to themselves by being so intellectually dishonest. How anyone can have such a lack of self-respect to make every effort possible to lie to themselves (we and this board are only a tool in this endeavor) just to keep up a fantasy they have been indoctrinated with, its really beyond me.

Because they seek the answer they immediately want, and do not believe they might want an accurate answer more.

Or lets take complexity and design. The argument from complexity ist so mind-blowingly stupid, i cant even.....
I am an engineer, and most of my time is not devoted to just *invent* something, but to design by the simplest means, most cheap, most robust, most fucking simple. Simplicity is a hallmark of design (particularly a good one), not complexity. Any idiot can design a spaceship, but only the best engineers pack a ton of scientific instruments into the most lightweight spaceship. Complexity eats up valuable resources, no one wants to eat up more resources than needed. Do these people who endlessly repeat this complexity = goddidit nonsense not have any friends or family in the technical sector? What are they reading or otherwise soaking up information in their minds to keep themselves so monumentally uninformed? Are there really people who take stuff like discovery institute for real or answers in genesis? With this kind of ignorance, how can they even choose which is the best TV or car to buy when they have to buy one? Its utterly absurd.

The only way all of this fits into a picture (for me) is: Its all a desperate attempt to shield ones belief. Not a single person is actually trying to learn or understand or converse. They are just trying to defend what they already believe, and the reasons they believe are certainly not based on the arguments they present. It has been said very often that they have reasons to believe and give reasons to defend said beliefs, but those two rarely ever overlap.

Sorry for ranting, but 1000 pages just for two idiotic trolls who clearly have no clue what they are talking about and certainly dont care about learning anything (even proving flat out lies by quotes of simple claims they made and then, literally a few posts later deny) is just a monumental waste of ...resources. The most ironic thing being that by spitting BS over 1000,  they dont lie to most sceptics on this board, whom you certainly cant impress with this nonsense, but they are lying to themselves by being so intellectually dishonest. How anyone can have such a lack of self-respect to make every effort possible to lie to themselves (we and this board are only a tool in this endeavor) just to keep up a fantasy they have been indoctrinated with, its really beyond me.

The machines in living systems are irreducibly complex where if one component of the system fails the entire system fails or is degraded.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(December 1, 2018 at 11:18 pm)CDF47 Wrote:

The machines in living systems are irreducibly complex where if one component of the system fails the entire system fails or is degraded.

Systems failing at their current purpose as a consequence of removal of a part is not irreducible complexity. Systems degrading by removal of a single part is a counter-example to the contention that the system is irreducibly complex.

You don't even understand what irreducible complexity is, much less what it would take to establish that something is irreducibly complex.
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
(December 1, 2018 at 11:18 pm)CDF47 Wrote:

Bullshit.
LOL< 1000 pages after this irreducible complexity nonsense was spooled up and shot down...here we are again, as though it has never happened, or..as though CDF were somehow not present the last time.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 1, 2018 at 11:53 pm)Jörmungandr Wrote:
(December 1, 2018 at 11:18 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The machines in living systems are irreducibly complex where if one component of the system fails the entire system fails or is degraded.

Systems failing at their current purpose as a consequence of removal of a part is not irreducible complexity.  Systems degrading by removal of a single part is a counter-example to the contention that the system is irreducibly complex.

You don't even understand what irreducible complexity is, much less what it would take to establish that something is irreducibly complex.

Wrong.  My definition matches the definition at the website below:

http://content.csbs.utah.edu/~rogers/evi...index.html

(December 2, 2018 at 12:24 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: LOL< 1000 pages after this irreducible complexity nonsense was spooled up and shot down...here we are again, as though it has never happened, or..as though CDF were somehow not present the last time.

It was not spooled up or shot down.
Pulling an everena on us.  Did you actually read that link, or hope that simply having a link would be enough?

-and then..predictably, lying...again. Is that something that your god would sanction?
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 2, 2018 at 12:29 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Pulling an everena on us.  Did you actually read that link, or hope that simply having a link would be enough?

-and then..predictably, lying...again.  Is that something that your god would sanction?

I was just referring to the definition of the term.  I don't care about anything else in the article.
Sounds like a "no"...to me.
(December 2, 2018 at 12:50 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: Sounds like a "no"...to me.

No, it sounds like a post of an article to reference a definition included in the article.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1150 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1490 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 7976 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 8076 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 4190 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2313 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1546 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 2074 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5310 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2059 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey