Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 5, 2024, 8:19 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Morality
RE: Morality
Whats wrong guys. Its hard to deal with facts sometimes true.
Nuff said. I wait for B37 and only to him i speak
Meanwhile... Check urselves Gae Bolga and Jörmungandr

When was the last time u guys changed a part of ur theory? Maybe after I hear from B37.

How many times have u changed ur theory? Catholic to atheist were u guys are to agnostic now.

Im skeptical of everyone but u know who is the worse... Me i must be skeptical of myself. Always trying to falsify parts of my theory.
The belief question took so much time out of my life. But it has no direct impact to ur existance here. Its a waste of time and thought.
Anyway im gone after I get to B37. U guys take care
(December 18, 2018 at 3:39 pm)Agnostico Wrote: Whats wrong guys. Its hard to deal with facts sometimes true.
Nuff said. I wait for B37 and only to him i speak
Meanwhile... Check urselves Gae Bolga and Jörmungandr

When was the last time u guys changed a part of ur theory? Maybe after I hear from B37.

How many times have u changed ur theory? Catholic to atheist were u guys are to agnostic now.

Im skeptical of everyone but u know who is the worse... Me i must be skeptical of myself. Always trying to falsify parts of my theory.
The belief question took so much time out of my life. But it has no direct impact to ur existance here. Its a waste of time and thought.
Anyway im gone after I get to B37. U guys take care

Been a while since I had to post this one, but:

[Image: 1w3vmg.jpg]

What on earth is your actual question?  And what theory are you talking about?  And if you're only here to talk with one person, then take it to PMs.
In every country and every age, the priest had been hostile to Liberty.
- Thomas Jefferson
So......not about our "theory of humans"...but whether we believed in a god?

I've always been an atheist.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 18, 2018 at 2:55 pm)Agnostico Wrote: Look at urself. Stop avoiding the question with fallacies.
A thought experiment for oneself. The open minded will answer. Not the dogmatic will not

When was the last time u guys changed a part of ur theory?

How many times have u changed ur theory?

Not sure this is meant for me, but I'll respond.

I will assume the "theory" you are talking about is belief/disbelief in gods.

That's a pretty bad use of the word "theory", even in the most colloquial terms.

Quote:When was the last time u guys changed a part of ur theory?

I was a believer for decades, until I came to the conclusion that I never applied skepticism and rational thinking to my god beliefs. As soon as I did, I discovered they just did not hold up to scrutiny. It was then that my god beliefs faded.

That was the last time my "theory" changed.

Quote:How many times have u changed ur theory?

Since the claim that gods exist has still not met their burden of proof, my "theory" has not changed since it changed the first time.

Why should it? No theist has ever provided a case for god claims that have met their burden of proof, to convince me.

As soon as theists are able to provide demonstrable and falsifiable evidence, and valid and sound logic to support their claims that gods exist, I will believe. 1000's of years and counting, and still nothing.

Until they do, I have zero justification to believe gods exist.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
Which theory of mine are you talking about?  I tend to view all moral theories with a degree of suspicion.  As to when the last time I changed my theory was, that would have been relatively recently, as up until several months ago I was a strong proponent of evolved psychology as an explanation for morals.  Now I'm occupying a more moderate position on moral realism akin to a shift from hard determinism to compatibilism in free will theory.  What are you talking about?

Dunno
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
Lol, if we're still discussing moral theories, the last huge change in mine was within my time here at af, from relativism with a heavy dose of error theory to objectivism with a heavy dose of error theory.

This, incited by a single sentence remark from a forum member followed up by a mound of reading in sociology and archaeology, with a sprinkling of moore, kant, hume, and kagan. The latter providing the semantics with which to address complicated moral considerations in a greater specificity than I was previously able.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(December 18, 2018 at 2:55 pm)Agnostico Wrote: Look at urself. Stop avoiding the question with fallacies.
A thought experiment for oneself. The open minded will answer. Not the dogmatic will not

When was the last time u guys changed a part of ur theory?

How many times have u changed ur theory?

Hello! Smile

I don't think in "Theories".

I have beliefs and ideas. Some good, some bad and I'm prerry much always thinking about them and evaluating them.

How many times have I changed my many beliefs and/or ideas?

Quite a few over quite some time.

Not at work.
(December 19, 2018 at 1:25 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:  Hello! Smile

I have beliefs and ideas.

Not at work.

I went through all the statements and found this one to be very insighful into the atheist mind
First thing is "I don't think" regardless what u posit after that its a damning statement
Second "in theories"

There are quite a few definitions of theory. Scientific, philisophical and iv picked this one as it mirrors the way I use the term
"an idea used to account for a situation or justify a course of action"

I would suggest dissmissing ur beliefs. They come from a place of feelings and emotion. Not goot for logical thinking
I would encourge u to use ur ideas, ur thoughts. They are much more rational and is a much better way of reching conclusions. They are theories in my book

I predicted no one would give straight answers.
Ive made so many falsifiable predicions on the reactions and comments from the atheists and they've all been true.
According to Karl Popper my impression of atheists still stands true

Hehehehe since learning about Karl Popper his slowly over time made it into my top 5 scientis.
And then slowly again his now beeing promoted into my top 3. I love his thought proces and methodology

Anyhow...

Dogma

Ive got 3 theories that explain things from 200,000 BC to the begining of written history. I have them ranked from most to least probable
Their always changing. Yet people will laugh at me from these dogmatic position

Iv got some lines that look corny, sound weird but hey, they work for me

"Dogmatic"
"a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true"
"Illmatic"
"principles or set of priciples which are formed through facts and are in constant motion through falsification"

Master Yoda
"Fear, anger aggession. The path to the darkside are they"    LoL honestly guys try applying this to anything. Ul be surprised

I know people will laugh and troll but it worries me not. I know who im dealing with now
(December 20, 2018 at 7:46 am)Agnostico Wrote:
(December 19, 2018 at 1:25 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:  Hello! Smile

I have beliefs and ideas.

Not at work.

I went through all the statements and found this one to be very insighful into the atheist mind
First thing is "I don't think" regardless what u posit after that its a damning statement
Second "in theories"

There are quite a few definitions of theory. Scientific, philisophical and iv picked this one as it mirrors the way I use the term

I would suggest dissmissing ur beliefs. They come from a place of feelings and emotion. Not goot for logical thinking
I would encourge u to use ur ideas, ur thoughts. They are much more rational and is a much better way of reching conclusions. They are theories in my book

Ive made so many falsifiable predicions on the reactions and comments from the atheists and they've all been true.

Hehehehe since learning about Karl Popper his slowly over time made it into my top 5 scientis.
And then slowly again his now beeing promoted into my top 3. I love his thought proces and methodology

Anyhow...

Dogma

Ive got 3 theories that explain things from 200,000 BC to the begining of written history. I have them ranked from most to least probable

"Dogmatic"
"a principle or set of principles laid down by an authority as incontrovertibly true"
"Illmatic"
"principles or set of priciples which are formed through facts and are in constant motion through falsification"

Master Yoda
"Fear, anger aggession. The path to the darkside are they"    LoL honestly guys try applying this to anything. Ul be surprised

I know people will laugh and troll but it worries me not. I know who im dealing with now

Do you have a "theory" of Thor being the cause of lightening? No? I bet you rightfully accept humans made that up right? How much time do you spend every day trying to debunk that old mythology?

I know there are good people worldwide. I only disagree as to where they think our species morality is coming from. When you are a kid it is easy for parents to sell you the mythology of Santa, but most kids grow out of that over time. 

I value the likes of Martin Luther King Jr, but no, there is no such thing as a magic baby with super powers. I value the likes of Malala, but her courage to fight male oppression isn't because of Allah. I value the likes of Ann Frank who said "In spite of everything" she thought humans were good at heart, meaning if it were not for the bad leaders, we could get along. I love those who have that empathy in my species. But that empathy is in our species, not old writings.

Do you really know whom you are dealing with? Judging from your responses it seems you had a lot of misconceptions coming in. Then like many, when you didn't get the responses you wanted, it jarred you. 

Ok, so let me clear some of this up for you.

1. We are not a gang.

2. We are not a political party.

3. We are not a religion.

4. We do not love dictators.

5. We will not barbecue your kittens or rape your women.

6. We don't agree on all things all the time.

7. We are just as diverse and come from all nations and come in all skin tones.

8. ^^^^^^^ Keep re reading this list until it sinks in.
(December 20, 2018 at 8:05 am)Brian37 Wrote:
(December 20, 2018 at 7:46 am)Agnostico Wrote: I went through all the statements and found this one to be very insighful into the atheist mind
Second "in theories"

Anyhow...

Dogma

"Dogmatic"
"Illmatic"

Master Yoda

Do you have a "theory" of Thor being the cause of lightening? No? I bet you rightfully accept humans made that up right? How much time do you spend every day trying to debunk that old mythology?

I know there are good people worldwide. I only disagree as to where they think our species morality is coming from. When you are a kid it is easy for parents to sell you the mythology of Santa, but most kids grow out of that over time. 

I value the likes of Martin Luther King Jr, but no, there is no such thing as a magic baby with super powers. I value the likes of Malala, but her courage to fight male oppression isn't because of Allah. I value the likes of Ann Frank who said "In spite of everything" she thought humans were good at heart, meaning if it were not for the bad leaders, we could get along. I love those who have that empathy in my species. But that empathy is in our species, not old writings.

Do you really know whom you are dealing with? Judging from your responses it seems you had a lot of misconceptions coming in. Then like many, when you didn't get the responses you wanted, it jarred you. 

Ok, so let me clear some of this up for you.

1. We are not a gang.

2. We are not a political party.

3. We are not a religion.

4. We do not love dictators.

5. We will not barbecue your kittens or rape your women.

6. We don't agree on all things all the time.

7. We are just as diverse and come from all nations and come in all skin tones.

8. ^^^^^^^ Keep re reading this list until it sinks in.

Ur the guy that has my Gibbon theory. B37. I asked u some question. No asnwer. Why? I didn't aim this post at u. Everyone else but u it was for
Extremely dissapointed. I though from reading ur theory u would be open to discussion. But uv got 10 commandments. Or 8

Did u read my response to that? How your theory is one I have based on the Gibbon monkey society? Seems not. Very dissapointed.
I thought I had a person to have a logical conversation with
I was very open to ur theory. Its one of mine. But ur dogma somehow still rejects my thought of open theories

Pessimisim is healthy but it seems people are trying to read between the lines instead of taking words off face value. Just an observation

Oh well I never completed my objective of understanding where atheist hate comes from. Might try another forum.
Differnet approach. Come clean with my whole agnostic christian morals theory. And be selesctive to only respond to reason

A glimmer of hope that B37 missed my responses, sees them now  and comes back with an open mind knowing more about where im coming from.
Its a tiny light but

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Morality Kingpin 101 6041 May 31, 2023 at 6:48 am
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  A Case for Inherent Morality JohnJubinsky 66 6918 June 22, 2021 at 10:35 am
Last Post: John 6IX Breezy
  Morality without God Superjock 102 9445 June 17, 2021 at 6:10 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  Developing systems of morality, outside of religious influence. Kookaburra 28 4266 March 20, 2018 at 1:27 am
Last Post: haig
  Objective morality as a proper basic belief Little Henry 609 163318 July 29, 2017 at 1:02 am
Last Post: Astonished
Video The Married Atheist vid: Morality from science? robvalue 5 2052 March 19, 2016 at 2:57 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Does religion corrupt morality? Whateverist 95 25564 September 7, 2015 at 2:54 am
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  Morality is like a religion Detective L Ryuzaki 29 7763 August 30, 2015 at 11:45 am
Last Post: strawdawg
  thoughts on morality Kingpin 16 6124 July 29, 2015 at 11:49 am
Last Post: Pyrrho
  Why Some Atheists Reject Morality: The Other Side of the Coin Rhondazvous 20 5277 June 27, 2015 at 10:55 pm
Last Post: Easy Guns