Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 8:14 am

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
Quote:- It says in Genesis 1. ..... bla bla bla

You can stop right there, troll. 
BEFORE you say anything about your old book, you have to establish it's authority and reliability.
You haven't.
There is no reason to accept what ancient ignorant goat-herders said about anything. 
No reason. Not one. 

This troll is even more idiotic than anyone imagined.
Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(January 1, 2019 at 3:50 am)CDF47 Wrote:
(December 31, 2018 at 6:48 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote: Why? I already know you are lying.

Because a picture can say a 1000 words.  Watch it operate.

I have seen it before and I program machine code. Every time you claim they are alike you are lying.
(January 1, 2019 at 8:43 am)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote:
(January 1, 2019 at 5:52 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: No, sorry.  Atheism and science don't go together.  It's nonsense based on more nonsense.  If your foundation is flawed, then what you perceive based on it will also have be flawed.  We don't need anymore nutties telling people that the universe came from nothing, when science has shown us that no natural process creates, generates, or forms something from nothing.  It's ridiculous at its core.  Just as organic life doesn't randomly generate by some accident from inorganic matter, then gain in complexity over billions of years.   More nonsense concocted by nutty atheists.

Also, you don't tell me what dictionaries are for.  I can't make up my mind for myself.  If you want to go through life being a puppet and having everybody tell you what to think, then go for it.

Okay.

If you just want to post insults M4X? Then fine. I'm sure Bucky and a few others will spar with yourself untill your pomposity wanes and you toddle off to other pastures. Seen such behaviour heaps of times both her and on other forums.

When you want to do more than post straw man arguments and arguments from ignorance and incredulity, let folks know.

Que some random assertion of some fallacy as if such is in any way a valid counter point.

CDF47, at least, comes across as an honestly wilfully ignorant person.

Not at work.

My interest isn't in insults, but once you and your fine atheist buddies go that route, then why would you expect me to respond based on a different criteria?  Sorry, I don't work that way and probably never will.

(January 1, 2019 at 9:39 am)pocaracas Wrote: Oh, FFS! You all are acting like children!

New Year, new leaf, new chapter.

Yes, there are atheists groups who gather in churches.
Yes, DNA is complex.
Yes, science is seemingly our best method to discover reality.

And yes, if God is real, then science is our best method to know about it.
That science hasn't produced anything on any god is hinting that there is no god to discover... Certainly no god that could have been discovered by pre-writing peoples, such as the Abrahamic god which is a mere conceptual evolution of gods from Mesopotamia.

At best, the god that is real is the god of the philosophers. Any god from any religion that man has come up with is just that: wishful thinking, imagination, and an inability to grasp the complexities of the reality around us.
I'm sure many of the prophets, wise men, and religious leaders of old had good intentions and likely even believed what they claimed. But they doesn't make it true, that doesn't make it an accurate description of reality.

The notions behind intelligent design are all based on faulty reasoning.
CDF can't comprehend how a process that rewards with survival and reproduction those structures which are, at each instant, better suited for those tasks... how such rewarding can, in time, lead those structures to present an amazing complexity.
It's his faulty brain, arising through genetics and society, that can't grasp the enormity of time involved in here, the quickness of organic chemistry, and how a series of fortunate events can naturally lead to the DNA we observe on all living creatures on Earth. His brain, a product of this evolutionary process, evolving to find patterns, even where there are none, evolving to be immersed in a religious society and thus making it easy for him to perceive the religious pattern where it is not present.

M4x, you're similar.
Like us all, a product of genetics and society... With society also influencing genetics.

At this moment in human technological and scientific evolution, it is impossible to be 100% certain of these matters. But we can operate on degrees of probability.
And given the absence of the divine in scientific findings concerning reality, I attribute that divine factor to have a very low probability of existing outside human minds.
You can agree, or agree to disagree.
But all this idiotic back and forth show that you've been putting on is just... pathetic.
Jorm has, of late, been trying engage properly... But was the only one.

Peace out, happy New Year!

You are always fair and kind, and I can honestly say I've enjoyed my conversations with you.

(January 1, 2019 at 12:35 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
Quote:- It says in Genesis 1. ..... bla bla bla

You can stop right there, troll. 
BEFORE you say anything about your old book, you have to establish it's authority and reliability.
You haven't.
There is no reason to accept what ancient ignorant goat-herders said about anything. 
No reason. Not one. 

This troll is even more idiotic than anyone imagined.

You don't have authority to tell me such and you certainly haven't been reliable thus far, so I'll just disqualify you instead.  If you don't want to believe something has authority or is reliable, then that's your choice, but to others it's tried and true, and no need for your approval.
(January 1, 2019 at 5:52 am)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote: ...
We don't need anymore nutties telling people that the universe came from nothing, when science has shown us that no natural process creates, generates, or forms something from nothing. It's ridiculous at its core. 

Note the lie contained in this sentence.

Just as organic life doesn't randomly generate by some accident from inorganic matter, then gain in complexity over billions of years.   More nonsense concocted by nutty atheists.

Note the use of a strawman fallacy to reject abiolgenesis and the abject denial of the theory of biological evolution.
(January 1, 2019 at 2:13 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(January 1, 2019 at 3:50 am)CDF47 Wrote: Because a picture can say a 1000 words.  Watch it operate.

I have seen it before and I program machine code. Every time you claim they are alike you are lying.

It encodes the construction of proteins.  It is functional information.  Therefore, designed.

(January 1, 2019 at 2:59 pm)sdelsolray Wrote:
We don't need anymore nutties telling people that the universe came from nothing, when science has shown us that no natural process creates, generates, or forms something from nothing.  It's ridiculous at its core. 

Note the lie contained in this sentence.

Just as organic life doesn't randomly generate by some accident from inorganic matter, then gain in complexity over billions of years.   More nonsense concocted by nutty atheists.

Note the use of a strawman fallacy to reject abiolgenesis and the abject denial of the theory of biological evolution.

It's because the ideas have become absurd based on findings since the 1900s.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
It seems Max's parents did not have any kids that lived.
Quote:You don't have authority to tell me such and you certainly haven't been reliable thus far, so I'll just disqualify you instead.  If you don't want to believe something has authority or is reliable, then that's your choice, but to others it's tried and true, and no need for your approval.

LOL. 

I actually do have that authority, gramps. I have an advanced degree in it.
The best archaeologists have debunked your old book. 
STILL no definition of a god. STILL no definition of "complexity" ... yeah. Pretty much a total fail. 

The debate is NOT about what YOU find authoritative. If you expect others to accept your source as authoritative, you DO have to prove its reliability and authority.
You failed to do that. You know SO little about debate, you don't even get why it's necessary.
What the hell are you even doing here ... you're SO BAD at this.

This is an ATHEIST community. The fact that "others" find your old book by ignorant goat-herders to be reliable is irrelevant. 
Harry Potter is "tried and true". You're REALLY bad at this debate thing. Quite the embarrassing amateur. Please stop making a fool of yourself.
"Others" found "Mein Kampf" to be "tried and true" ... and you have the balls to say anything about ";logical fallacies". LOL
Too bad old troll. You've shown your true colors. 

YOU are unable to debunk even ONE THING said in the following video ... which the archaeologists put together.

Every religion is true one way or another. It is true when understood metaphorically. But when it gets stuck in its own metaphors, interpreting them as facts, then you are in trouble. - Joseph Campbell  Popcorn

Militant Atheist Commie Evolutionist 
(January 1, 2019 at 3:14 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:
Quote:You don't have authority to tell me such and you certainly haven't been reliable thus far, so I'll just disqualify you instead.  If you don't want to believe something has authority or is reliable, then that's your choice, but to others it's tried and true, and no need for your approval.

LOL. 

STILL no definition of a god. STILL no definition of "complexity" ... yeah. Pretty much a total fail. 

This is an ATHEIST community. The fact that "others" find your old book by ignorant goat-herders to be reliable is irrelevant. 
"Others" found "Mein Kampf" to be "tried and true" ... and you have the balls to say anything about ";logical fallacies". LOL

Archaeologists found evidence of the Bible.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
(January 1, 2019 at 3:14 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote:

LOL. 

I actually do have that authority, gramps. I have an advanced degree in it.

Harry Potter is "tried and true". You're REALLY bad at this debate thing. Quite the embarrassing amateur. Please stop making a fool of yourself.

YOU are unable to debunk even ONE THING said in the following video ... which the archaeologists put together.

-The best? You saying so doesn't make them the best.

-Have an advanced degree in what?  Archaeology? (Not debating this, just asking)

-Already provided a definition for God from M-W.  Apparently atheists don't believe in dictionaries.  Who knew?

-Because others do it, I should make the same mistake?  The old question, "If everybody else jumped off a bridge, would you do it too?"

-IF you want to base your life on Harry Potter books, I'm not trying to stop you.  Enjoy.

- Haven't watched the video yet, so I can't comment on the content.
(January 1, 2019 at 2:51 pm)T0 Th3 M4X Wrote:
(January 1, 2019 at 9:39 am)pocaracas Wrote: Oh, FFS! You all are acting like children!

New Year, new leaf, new chapter.

Yes, there are atheists groups who gather in churches.
Yes, DNA is complex.
Yes, science is seemingly our best method to discover reality.

And yes, if God is real, then science is our best method to know about it.
That science hasn't produced anything on any god is hinting that there is no god to discover... Certainly no god that could have been discovered by pre-writing peoples, such as the Abrahamic god which is a mere conceptual evolution of gods from Mesopotamia.

At best, the god that is real is the god of the philosophers. Any god from any religion that man has come up with is just that: wishful thinking, imagination, and an inability to grasp the complexities of the reality around us.
I'm sure many of the prophets, wise men, and religious leaders of old had good intentions and likely even believed what they claimed. But they doesn't make it true, that doesn't make it an accurate description of reality.

The notions behind intelligent design are all based on faulty reasoning.
CDF can't comprehend how a process that rewards with survival and reproduction those structures which are, at each instant, better suited for those tasks... how such rewarding can, in time, lead those structures to present an amazing complexity.
It's his faulty brain, arising through genetics and society, that can't grasp the enormity of time involved in here, the quickness of organic chemistry, and how a series of fortunate events can naturally lead to the DNA we observe on all living creatures on Earth. His brain, a product of this evolutionary process, evolving to find patterns, even where there are none, evolving to be immersed in a religious society and thus making it easy for him to perceive the religious pattern where it is not present.

M4x, you're similar.
Like us all, a product of genetics and society... With society also influencing genetics.

At this moment in human technological and scientific evolution, it is impossible to be 100% certain of these matters. But we can operate on degrees of probability.
And given the absence of the divine in scientific findings concerning reality, I attribute that divine factor to have a very low probability of existing outside human minds.
You can agree, or agree to disagree.
But all this idiotic back and forth show that you've been putting on is just... pathetic.
Jorm has, of late, been trying engage properly... But was the only one.

Peace out, happy New Year!

You are always fair and kind, and I can honestly say I've enjoyed my conversations with you.

Thank, man.
I've also enjoyed my conversations with you, but I must admit I don't enjoy many of the conversations you have with others... they seem more like "did too, did not, did too, did not, did too, did not"... it's a frustrating read. Sad

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1151 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1503 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 8002 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 8115 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 4200 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2317 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1547 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 2081 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5324 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2059 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey