Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 28, 2024, 1:31 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 10 Vote(s) - 1.8 Average
DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
RE: DNA Proves Existence of a Designer
(March 8, 2019 at 7:00 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(March 8, 2019 at 2:23 am)no one Wrote: Internet trolls are an interesting breed, especially the religitard variety. They can live almost indefinitely on regurgitated words.

They never truly go away. They lie in wait and eventually bore their way in. Once a forum is infested with them, there is no way to get rid of them!

Well, at this point I agree with LadyforCamus. Arguing with CDF47 is a waste of time. You can endlessly refute him with science, but it will only fall on deaf ears and he will just keep repeating the same empty claims. It's like trying to reason with a little kid who just keeps stamping his foot and shouting, "No, it isn't! No, it ISN'T!" I'm done with trying to deal with this religious retard. Dodgy

I lost interest when Everina disappeared.
(March 7, 2019 at 5:20 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: Hey CDF47, are snowflakes designed ?
http://blogs.discovermagazine.com/crux/2...IGKm5WWx9A

Everything in the universe is designed.  It just all does not contain functional codes like the genetic code which proves design.  It is also not all fine tuned like the universe constants,...

(March 7, 2019 at 5:20 pm)Gae Bolga Wrote: The "fact" that you're referring to is a scientific conspiracy.   Good luck with that shit you fucking nutball.

See..here's the thing...god did shit, if he did shit, however he did shit.   If your beliefs rely on a rejection of how god did shit...you're only rejecting god.

It may be a conspiracy or not but the fact remains that it is true.  I am not a nutball.  Just pointing out the obvious.

I have no problem with how the design was complete.  I just believe the scientific evidence shows common body plans and explosions of new life forms rather than a common ancestry.
The LORD Exists: http://www.godandscience.org/
Intelligent Design (Short Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVkdQhNdzHU
Intelligent Design (Longer Video): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tzj8iXiVDT8
So I guess that means that shannon information is designed too....pretty sure we've covered this before, nutball. You believe many strange things. A good portion of them contradict your other beliefs, and all of it is, apparently, wrong, lol.

I'm surprised that you haven't managed to get something right by pure accident in 1200 pages.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 7, 2019 at 5:27 pm)Abaddon_ire Wrote:
(March 7, 2019 at 4:55 pm)CDF47 Wrote: The random mutations are random.  Either everything in this universe is random without a purpose or it is designed.  Those are the only two options.
And the process of evolution is not. Get that into your thick skull. And stop lying about it.

Also a false dichotomy. The universe can be both at the same time, if you gave it a moments thought, which you obviously don't.

(March 7, 2019 at 4:55 pm)CDF47 Wrote: If I know one thing, I know design when I see it.
Now you have a huge problem. If everything is designed, you have no basis for making any such determination. According to you everything in the universe is designed. Therefore you can have no idea what anything undesigned might even look like without resorting to making shit up, again.

Also, if everything in the universe is designed, then by definition you cannot "know design when you see it" because you never "don't" see it so you can't possibly tell.

Disagree? Then go ahead and give me an example of anything in this universe that is not designed.

(March 7, 2019 at 5:00 pm)CDF47 Wrote: Common design plans are typically used by designers for different systems.
So god had the monkey blueprints just laying about and decided to reuse most of an existing blueprint to create man.

Consequence: The "monkey" plan predated the "man" plan. You are arguing to be directly descended from monkeys. By godly fiat.

You're not very good at this, are you?

I never said I disagreed with evolution as far as micro-evolution goes.  I just do not agree with common ancestry.

You are right the universe can be both designed and random.  The Designer may have allowed for some randomness in the design as He allowed Adam to name the animals,...  Ultimately, though, we have design proven by DNA and the fine-tuned universe.  So regardless of the extent of randomness, we know we have a Designer.  

A universe that is not designed would not be fine-tuned and have molecular machines and have functional codes,....

He may have had man's plan in mind first but started with the monkey.  Who knows.  He seems to use quite a bit of common parts for various living systems which is common in design and engineering.

(March 7, 2019 at 7:54 pm)fredd bear Wrote: "Consequence: The "monkey" plan predated the "man" plan. You are arguing to be directly descended from monkeys. By godly fiat."

Yeah, a common misunderstanding, not just with Gormless christians;

Darwin did not argue we are descended from monkeys. We have common ancestors.

Human beings are primates  just as are say  gorillas.  We did not descend from apes, we ARE a species of ape.. That is the meaning of 'primate'

So far  I have never come across a christian apologist who has actually read and understood Darwin.

"Humans (Homo sapiens) are the only extant members of the subtribe Hominina. Together with chimpanzees, gorillas, and orangutans, they are part of the family Hominidae (the great apes, or hominids). A terrestrial animal, humans are characterized by their erect posture and bipedal locomotion; high manual dexterity and heavy tool use compared to other animals; open-ended and complex language use compared to other animal communications; larger, more complex brains than other animals; and highly advanced and organized societies.[3][4"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human

((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((9)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

The link below about primates is also  worth reading;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Primate

Yeah, that is interesting information and not what I am necessarily arguing against.

(March 7, 2019 at 9:36 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why do you guys keep feeding him?

You know I am not a troll.  I proved that to you.  Why do you have such a problem with me?  I have done nothing wrong to you.

(March 7, 2019 at 9:52 pm)Bucky Ball Wrote: The dysteleological argument. The argument from piss-poor design.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_fr...atal_flaws
LOL

The intent of the design was not perfection after man fell.

(March 7, 2019 at 10:44 pm)Gwaithmir Wrote:
(March 7, 2019 at 9:36 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: Why do you guys keep feeding him?

I've already Emailed one administrator, asking that CDF47 be banned. Nothing has happened yet.

Banned for what?
You're not arguing against anything, you're just rejecting the things that make you uncomfortable in a haphazard way.  To argue, you would have to command facts and valid means of inference.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 7, 2019 at 11:32 pm)Peebo-Thuhlu Wrote: Must admit though.

At this point CDF47 isn't actually really 'Engaging' with folks. Though they are still a wolrd above interacting with things like Drich and MistarAbbots80-something.

They're pretty much just posting 'Nuh-uh!' and 'I'm right and you're a poopy head."

Well, maybe not the Poopy head aspect but still.

A whole lot of nothing but repeated assertions with nothing but the same, poor, discredited/debunkt pieces of information.

That's the sad part. The discoveries in science keep marching on but the sources CDF47 trots out? They aren't progressing or leanring anything new, like, ever.

At best you'll hear/read CDF47's pot make something up waaaay after the fact. Like a couple of years. Or, if they are on point, their undestanding is so poor they make a comeplete hash out of it any way.

Hug CDF47.

Is sad that you can't let go of your.... 'Dreams' and even try to understand the world around you.

Just following the facts where they lead and those facts aren't always what the TV tells me they are.

(March 8, 2019 at 2:23 am)no one Wrote: Internet trolls are an interesting breed, especially the religitard variety. They can live almost indefinitely on regurgitated words.

They never truly go away. They lie in wait and eventually bore their way in. Once a forum is infested with them, there is no way to get rid of them!

Too bad I am not a troll.  Just discussing the most important topic which believers and atheist alike should be discussing.

(March 8, 2019 at 7:00 am)Gwaithmir Wrote:

Well, at this point I agree with LadyforCamus. Arguing with CDF47 is a waste of time. You can endlessly refute him with science, but it will only fall on deaf ears and he will just keep repeating the same empty claims. It's like trying to reason with a little kid who just keeps stamping his foot and shouting, "No, it isn't! No, it ISN'T!" I'm done with trying to deal with this religious retard. Dodgy

Not once has science refuted what I said because I don't disagree with science for the most part.  I don't believe there is good evidence for a multiverse and I also don't believe we descended from monkeys.  I believe science shows we are designed.  My points are pretty clear.

(March 8, 2019 at 8:18 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(March 8, 2019 at 7:00 am)Gwaithmir Wrote: Well, at this point I agree with LadyforCamus. Arguing with CDF47 is a waste of time. You can endlessly refute him with science, but it will only fall on deaf ears and he will just keep repeating the same empty claims. It's like trying to reason with a little kid who just keeps stamping his foot and shouting, "No, it isn't! No, it ISN'T!" I'm done with trying to deal with this religious retard. Dodgy

I lost interest when Everina disappeared.

She was banned.  I would like to see her back as well.  She made some good points.

(March 8, 2019 at 9:33 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: So I guess that means that shannon information is designed too....pretty sure we've covered this before, nutball.  You believe many strange things.  A good portion of them contradict your other beliefs, and all of it is, apparently, wrong, lol.

I'm surprised that you haven't managed to get something right by pure accident in 1200 pages.

After design is proven the extent of design is not totally known.  Like I said, there may be some randomness built into the design but one thing is sure.  The universe and living systems are designed.

(March 8, 2019 at 9:43 am)Gae Bolga Wrote: You're not arguing against anything, you're just rejecting the things that make you uncomfortable in a haphazard way.  To argue, you would have to command facts and valid means of inference.

I am not rejecting anything but a multiverse which was the atheist scientist attempt at explaining the fine-tuned universe which had a beginning in a Big Bang and continues to expand.  That universe creating machine that makes the multiverse must be finely-tuned though if it were to exist.
(March 8, 2019 at 9:44 am)CDF47 Wrote: She made some good points.

I wouldn't go that far Smile
(March 8, 2019 at 9:44 am)CDF47 Wrote: After design is proven the extent of design is not totally known. 
Still waiting for design to be proven.

Quote:Like I said, there may be some randomness built into the design but one thing is sure.  The universe and living systems are designed.
You say alot of shit, should I go back to posting the things you say side by side and asking you which of the two assholes had it right?  

Quote:I am not rejecting anything but a multiverse which was the atheist scientist attempt at explaining the fine-tuned universe which had a beginning in a Big Bang and continues to expand.  That universe creating machine that makes the multiverse must be finely-tuned though if it were to exist.
.......................................?   Wacky

So, alot of people wonder what the point in engaging with you or maintaining this thread may be. They wonder this because you present a picture of a seriously dense person. Why continue knowing that the nut will continue to be a nut? For what it's worth, if a person engages with you or in this thread in some doomed attempt to make you less of a nut then there's no point to that at all.

You, otoh, have a strong reason to begin engaging with your own thread. OFC you'll still be a nut, but 1235 pages worth of consideration could have helped you to form a better argument, a cogent one that isn't self contradictory, at least. You've squandered that opportunity. If you think that this subject is important, and you've repeatedly claimed that you do, then perhaps you ought to put in the sort of work an important subject deserves?
@CDF47

There is literally no way for me to determine whether you are a troll, or just really simple-minded. Have you ever heard of Poe’s Law? It does not follow that just because you don’t appear to be intentionally breaking any rules, that the quality of your contributions are worth responding to. But, it also doesn’t follow that just because you don’t appear to be intentionally breaking any rules, you aren’t, in fact, trolling us. In other words, given the lack of substance in your posts, your motives for being here are irrelevant. You’re a surface level nuisance, and I’m getting a little tired of folks feeding your presence here, while simultaneously complaining about it. If they starve you, you will go somewhere else for the attention you clearly crave. Of that, I am certain.
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
If this one goes away another one will make a new thread filled with the same stuff, that's just how it works here at AF.  The existence and maintenance of this thread starves other would-be beheites and trolls, they just can't compete with the raging dumpster fire.

We watched it happen with Ev, lol. So..you know..working as intended. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spontaneous assembly of DNA from precursor molecules prior to life. Anomalocaris 4 1151 April 4, 2019 at 6:12 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  Music and DNA tahaadi 4 1504 September 29, 2018 at 4:35 am
Last Post: Pat Mustard
  Dr. Long proves life after death or no? Manga 27 8003 April 27, 2017 at 4:59 pm
Last Post: Amarok
  "DNA Labelling!" aka American Idiots Davka 28 8204 February 4, 2015 at 1:45 am
Last Post: Aractus
  A new atheist's theories on meta-like physical existence freedeepthink 14 4200 October 1, 2014 at 1:35 am
Last Post: freedeepthink
  Do the multiverse theories prove the existence of... Mudhammam 3 2317 January 12, 2014 at 12:03 pm
Last Post: Esquilax
  Yeti DNA sequenced Doubting Thomas 2 1548 October 17, 2013 at 7:17 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Science Proves God Pahu 3 2091 August 2, 2012 at 4:54 pm
Last Post: Jackalope
  New Human DNA Strain Detected Minimalist 10 5325 July 27, 2012 at 7:24 pm
Last Post: popeyespappy
  Junk DNA and creationism little_monkey 0 2063 December 3, 2011 at 9:23 am
Last Post: little_monkey