Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 17, 2024, 12:11 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Don't Care
RE: I Don't Care
If everyone would stop abusing these poor bigots and misogynists by accurately pointing out that they're bigots and misogynists then they would stop being bigots and misogynists.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: Everyone, everywhere knows that this is true.

In my opinion, this one line sums up your communication problems. Never mind what it is about. You are incautious in your extrapolations and therefore demeaning toward those who disagree with you.
(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: Men have thick skins, despite the constant talk of 'the fragile male ego'.

No, you got it all wrong - men have thick skulls, that protect our shriveled, twitching, penis-shaped egos.

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: It is women who have very fragile egos. Everyone, everywhere knows that this is true.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for His Holiness, the Pope of Everyone, Everywhere... Worship

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: Constantly being dumped on is something that men are expected to accept.

That's not true. Cleveland steamers are only for very special occasions...

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: It's part of being a strong man. I have argued that women can never really feel equal to men unless they give up being entitled to belittle men.

I'm sure they will take your proposition into consideration. Right after they're done "giving up" sexual harassment, domestic violence, pay-gap, "glass ceiling" and whatever else ails those crazy broads, amirite? Yeah, this guy gets it...

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: I am a racist because I don't feel white guilt. I refuse to be a self loathing white guy, and I am frequently critical of self loathing white guys. I think that it is wrong that black men are more likely to be shot by police. I think that it is wrong that black people tend to receive longer prison sentences than whites for the same crimes. I think that it is wrong that black people are less likely to to be hired by employers. But I am not self loathing.

Loathing is like a pyramid scheme. Once you have enough people loathing your white self for you, you can retire, I suppose.

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: And I am actually pretty proud of the achievements of western culture, despite the fact that we made some horrible mistakes along the way and continue to be far less than perfect. We didn't invent slavery. Every race has practiced slavery. Whites and blacks both practiced slavery. So I don't feel especially responsible for slavery because of the color of my skin.

The only thing that's dumber than feeling guilty of things you haven't done is feeling proud of achievements you had nothing to do with... Rolleyes

Yeah, I don't feel responsible for slavery either. But if I am responsible for slavery - I'll be honest - I think I got away with it...
"The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one." - George Bernard Shaw
(April 3, 2019 at 12:31 pm)Homeless Nutter Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: Men have thick skins, despite the constant talk of 'the fragile male ego'.

No, you got it all wrong - men have thick skulls, that protect our shriveled, twitching, penis-shaped egos.

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: It is women who have very fragile egos. Everyone, everywhere knows that this is true.

Ladies and gentlemen, please rise for His Holiness, the Pope of Everyone, Everywhere...  Worship

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: Constantly being dumped on is something that men are expected to accept.

That's not true. Cleveland steamers are only for very special occasions...

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: It's part of being a strong man. I have argued that women can never really feel equal to men unless they give up being entitled to belittle men.

I'm sure they will take your proposition into consideration. Right after they're done "giving up"  sexual harassment, domestic violence, pay-gap, "glass ceiling" and whatever else ails those crazy broads, amirite?  Yeah, this guy gets it...

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: I am a racist because I don't feel white guilt. I refuse to be a self loathing white guy, and I am frequently critical of self loathing white guys. I think that it is wrong that black men are more likely to be shot by police. I think that it is wrong that black people tend to receive longer prison sentences than whites for the same crimes. I think that it is wrong that black people are less likely to to be hired by employers. But I am not self loathing.

Loathing is like a pyramid scheme. Once you have enough people loathing your white self for you, you can retire, I suppose.

(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: And I am actually pretty proud of the achievements of western culture, despite the fact that we made some horrible mistakes along the way and continue to be far less than perfect. We didn't invent slavery. Every race has practiced slavery. Whites and blacks both practiced slavery. So I don't feel especially responsible for slavery because of the color of my skin.

The only thing that's dumber than feeling guilty of things you haven't done is feeling proud of achievements you had nothing to do with... Rolleyes

Yeah, I don't feel responsible for slavery either. But if I am responsible for slavery - I'll be honest - I think I got away with it...

Violin
We do not inherit the world from our parents. We borrow it from our children.
(April 3, 2019 at 11:03 am)Yonadav Wrote:   Emotions are routinely divorced from cause. That's exactly what makes emotional reasoning so abusive. An emotion divorced from its cause is basically what creates memes, and memes are routinely applied to people, things, and issues that they were never intended to be applied to. Reason becomes emotion, emotion becomes a meme, the meme gets applied to things that have to do with the original Reason, and frequently the meme goes full circle to directly contradict the original Reason. I gave a good example of that in another discussion where a meme that promoted diversity went full circle and ate its own tale.

Word salad.
I cared once. Longest five minutes of my life.

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
(April 3, 2019 at 12:11 pm)Thoreauvian Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote: Everyone, everywhere knows that this is true.

In my opinion, this one line sums up your communication problems.  Never mind what it is about.  You are incautious in your extrapolations and therefore demeaning toward those who disagree with you.

Actually, I know that you agreed with it. It wasn't an extrapolation. And it wasn't demeaning. It was just a factually true statement. So... Violin
(April 3, 2019 at 9:41 am)Yonadav Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 7:27 am)Little lunch Wrote: Maybe I missed something, but I wasn't under the impression that you were a racist or a misogynist.
I do think you can be quite rude though.

One thing I'm seeing here quite often is people asking questions of others and then using that information as ammunition, and then a whole lot of people jumping on that band wagon.
It seems that when you're new here, one or two sentences taken the wrong way can destroy you.
I believe people are more multifaceted than that.

It is women who have very fragile egos. Everyone, everywhere knows that this is true.

This sentence right here is misogynistic, lol.  I mean...how are you still baffled by those charges?
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 
(April 3, 2019 at 1:34 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote:

This sentence right here is misogynistic, lol.  I mean...how are you still baffled by those charges?

I'm baffled?   Read
(April 3, 2019 at 2:16 pm)Yonadav Wrote:
(April 3, 2019 at 1:34 pm)LadyForCamus Wrote: This sentence right here is misogynistic, lol.  I mean...how are you still baffled by those charges?

I'm baffled?   Read

Well, if you know you’re a misogynist and you’re cool with it, why do you complain about being called one?  Huh
Nay_Sayer: “Nothing is impossible if you dream big enough, or in this case, nothing is impossible if you use a barrel of KY Jelly and a miniature horse.”

Wiser words were never spoken. 

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the universe care? Logisch 24 4613 July 2, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Is it wrong to care about children? soman-rush 9 5640 August 9, 2013 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Kayenneh