Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: July 4, 2024, 5:10 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I Don't Care
RE: I Don't Care
XII. Whatever another person does or says, you must be good; not for the other person's sake, but for the sake of your own nature. As if either gold, or the emerald, or purple, should be continually saying to themselves: "Whatever another person does or says, I must still be an emerald, and I must keep my color."

-- Marcus Aurelius
(April 16, 2019 at 7:29 am)Belaqua Wrote: XII. Whatever another person does or says, you must be good; not for the other person's sake, but for the sake of your own nature. As if either gold, or the emerald, or purple, should be continually saying to themselves: "Whatever another person does or says, I must still be an emerald, and I must keep my color."

-- Marcus Aurelias

Sod that Marcus. Doormats never keep their colour.
(April 16, 2019 at 7:34 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote:
(April 16, 2019 at 7:29 am)Belaqua Wrote: XII. Whatever another person does or says, you must be good; not for the other person's sake, but for the sake of your own nature. As if either gold, or the emerald, or purple, should be continually saying to themselves: "Whatever another person does or says, I must still be an emerald, and I must keep my color."

-- Marcus Aurelias

Sod that Marcus. Doormats never keep their colour.

This has been fascinating for me. I haven't found any other point on which I differ so much from mainstream American ethical views. 

Back on the old Amazon religion forum there was an eccentric older lady who said some offensive things. She was a very bad poet and a kind of troubled soul -- clearly not at peace with the world. Once in a while she would say something not-at-all-PC and make herself the target. 

After that had happened she was judged to be fair game, and people would type just about anything they could think of to rile her up. And she was the reactive sort -- people could make her lose control of herself and type more and more intemperate things. 

I and one other guy would argue that there was no point in trying to get her even more offended. That we were all grown up enough to ignore her lapses. But we were the only two. Other people would write elaborate justifications for why, once she had crossed some line (judged, of course, by them) that she had it coming, that she should be made to suffer and if possible driven from the forum. 

Doormats are lying down to begin with. If you're standing up on your own, what's the problem?
--edit--
I'm sorry for the length of this post. But I think the fact that such a long post can be made with stuff like this is pretty much my point. I mean. . . am I wrong to view this as a systematic and ongoing attack, or as a very deliberate attempt to demean and belittle me? I consider this stuff unnecessarily hurtful and hateful, and I really didn't see that I'm so hated in this community that people would stand by and let it be said if they didn't agree.

Is this, in fact, how I'm seen here?

(April 1, 2019 at 9:07 pm)Thena323 Wrote: LMFAO....The little games of psychological manipulation and emotional blackmail that work with your wife, aren't gonna work out her in the wild, benny.
You ain't paying anyone's bills, and no one's in love with your ass.
Do you have any evidence that I've psychologically manipulated or used emotional blackmail on my wife?

(April 2, 2019 at 6:26 am)Thena323 Wrote: You've revealed yourself to be quite the liar and master manipulator here, benny, despite your claims of being unable to control your anger. I can only imagine the level of bullshit your family to put up with IRL. What a depressing, bleak, and stressful existence it must be for them.

I feel sorry for your kids.
I can only assume that you know that constantly referring to my family in this way is likely to be upsetting. Why would you talk like this?

(April 13, 2019 at 10:16 pm)Thena323 Wrote: I'm not your wife or one of your other hostage family members, benny.
Do you have evidence that my wife or other family members are held "hostage," or in fact that I've mistreated them at all, except for throwing a television a decade ago?

(April 14, 2019 at 6:27 am)Thena323 Wrote: Yawn...Oh, look. More denial, gaslighting, and projection.

I have no doubt that this sort of bullshit is quite effective in keeping your family off balance and subdued, but do understand that it's boring to me.
It's just further confirmation of what a horridly manipulative person you are.
You continue spinning this narrative-- why don't you at any point support your constant attacks with some actual evidence?

(April 14, 2019 at 11:20 pm)Thena323 Wrote: Uh-uh...I smell a doozy of a tantrum coming on. I'll leave you to your deflections about my use of punctuation and the delusion that your violent, monsterous ass is wanted and desired by anyone other than the woman who has the misfortune of depending on you in order to feed and shelter her kids. 
So now you are not only attacking me personally.  You've actually belittled my wife in an attempt to pile on with your entirely made up narrative of me as a violent, "monsterous" person.  

(April 15, 2019 at 6:39 am)Thena323 Wrote:
(April 15, 2019 at 12:14 am)bennyboy Wrote: As for my wife-- she's a strong woman, a key figure in our business, and the legal owner of our home.  [. . .]
Hope the wife and kiddies don't invoke your wrath you by talking to you too much as you walk among the cherry trees.
When I describe a nice day in the park with my family, you have to shit on even that pleasant image by projecting. . . what, exactly?

Quote:I did indeed express sympathy for them because your a self-professed violent powder keg, who refuses to seek professional intervention.
You made several posts and an entire thread that based on the premise that you should be able to terrorize/attack your family and others without being made to "feel bad" about it, OR ELSE you will terrorize/attack others much worse (land later stating that denying you this unique privilege could eventually drive you to hurt/kill yourself.)
That's your yarn, not anything I said.

Quote: That your rage, aka "the rage of man" was natural,
That's right.  That was the thesis of that thread. Rage is clearly common enough among males of our species that it must be considered an evolved trait. That doesn't mean it's desirable-- but demonizing people for instincts which are maladapted to modern society doesn't do anything except make you feel superior, and give you an easy target for toxic attack. I'd be very surprised if I said as many deliberately hurtful things in my entire life as you have (and quite smugly so) just in these threads.

Quote:yet any anger demonstrated by those you victimize or who criticize you is egregiously immoral, and basically akin to a hate crime.
Who, exactly, have I victimized? Who are these poor souls who you claim I've emotionally or psychologically manipulated or bullied? What did I call egregiously immoral, or "basically akin to a hate crime"?

Quote:Emotional blackmail at it's finest.

Yes, I do think your're a manipulative monster and quite full of shit.
What are your actual points of evidence for any this?  So far as I can tell:
1)  I described a moment of rage a decade ago, which I specifically said right from the start I wasn't okay with.
2)  I've talked about issues with suicidal thoughts-- and have been talking about them for a few months, in various threads. . . long before I ever made the thread in question.
3)  I've advocated for restraint in using dehumanizing language, on the basis that undermining people's humanity might do unexpected harm, and that it wasn't worth it.
(April 16, 2019 at 7:59 am)Belaqua Wrote:
(April 16, 2019 at 7:34 am)IWNKYAAIMI Wrote: Sod that Marcus. Doormats never keep their colour.

This has been fascinating for me. I haven't found any other point on which I differ so much from mainstream American ethical views. 

Back on the old Amazon religion forum there was an eccentric older lady who said some offensive things. She was a very bad poet and a kind of troubled soul -- clearly not at peace with the world. Once in a while she would say something not-at-all-PC and make herself the target. 

After that had happened she was judged to be fair game, and people would type just about anything they could think of to rile her up. And she was the reactive sort -- people could make her lose control of herself and type more and more intemperate things. 

I and one other guy would argue that there was no point in trying to get her even more offended. That we were all grown up enough to ignore her lapses. But we were the only two. Other people would write elaborate justifications for why, once she had crossed some line (judged, of course, by them) that she had it coming, that she should be made to suffer and if possible driven from the forum. 

Doormats are lying down to begin with. If you're standing up on your own, what's the problem?

It doesn't matter if you're standing, sitting or lying down, there will always be people who think that they can walk all over you. I always feel better about myself when I have stood my ground, and I don't have to lose control of myself to do so.

I've been in situations where I've bitten my tongue, but biting your tongue too often I find tends to make things build up inside, and when things come to a head and you let it all out at once, that's when your self control suffers. If you've got something to say, say it and move on.
I called him a misogynist, you called me a bully. You are what you claim to despise. You haven’t a leg, dude. I don’t know how this continues.

-- Marcus Aurelius

[Image: 2ypwdl.jpg]
[Image: extraordinarywoo-sig.jpg]
@bennyboy

Lol....You can't even keep all of this boondoggling horseshit of yours straight within your own head, can you? You're seriously downplaying the anger you recently professed was so pronounced and intense that you find it best to generally avoid speaking and interacting with your own family for fear that you'll lose control and go full-on gorilla.

So I will not apologize for feeling infinitely more sorry for your family than you, benny. I do.
It is what it is. 

You've been singing various iterations of the same tired-ass goddamned  tune for years now: Allow bennyboy to engage in whatever fuckery he pleases, and dutifully shut the fuck up, smile and take it, because...

His free speech supersedes everyone else's.
He'll stop caring.
He'll do worse if you don't.
It's natural (when he does it).
He has "problems".
He shouldn't be made to feel bad for making others feel bad.
He might hurt himself if he isn't free to be an ass towards others without pushback or reprisal.
If folks don't accept bennyboy's bullshit and choose to call him out they're victimizing and dehumanizing him.

Understand that I don't give a fuck about any of the garbage rationalizations you've provided this forum with over the years. Not a single one of them is  an acceptable reason to passively lie down and suffer yours or anyone else's bullying and bullshit as far I'm concerned.
And it never will be.

There you have it.
Don't like it? Too fucking bad.
(April 16, 2019 at 4:48 pm)Thena323 Wrote: @bennyboy

Lol....You can't even keep all of this boondoggling horseshit of your straight within your own head, can you? You're seriously downplaying the anger you recently professed was so pronounced and intense that you find it best to generally avoid speaking and interacting with your own family for fear that you'll lose control and go full-on gorilla.

So I will not apologize for feeling more infinitely more sorry for your family than you, benny. I do.
It is what it is. 

You've been singing various iterations of this same tired-ass goddamned same tune for years now: Allow bennyboy to engage in whatever fuckery he pleases, and dutifully shut the fuck up about it, because...

His free speech supersedes everyone else's.
He'll stop caring.
He'll do worse if you don't.
It's natural (when he does it).
He has "problems".
He shouldn't be made to feel bad for making others feel bad.
He might hurt himself if isn't free to be an ass towards others without pushback or reprisal.
If folks don't accept bennyboy's bullshit and call him out they are victimizing him.

Understand that I don't give a fuck about any of the garbage rationalizations you've provided this forum with over the years. Not a single one of them is  an acceptable reason to passively lie down and suffer yours or anyone else's bullying and bullshit as far I'm concerned.
And it never will be.

There you have it.
Don't like it? Too fucking bad.

Also don't dehumanise him. He is, of course, immune from dehumanising others.
(April 16, 2019 at 5:11 pm)Mathilda Wrote: Also don't dehumanise him. He is, of course, immune from dehumanising others.

Lol...Oh, yes.How could I have forgotten?

Thanks for the reminder. I'll add that in.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does the universe care? Logisch 24 4648 July 2, 2014 at 1:56 pm
Last Post: Mudhammam
  Is it wrong to care about children? soman-rush 9 5729 August 9, 2013 at 3:38 am
Last Post: Kayenneh