Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 13, 2024, 12:26 am

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mueller report. OP/ED
RE: Mueller report. OP/ED
(May 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote:
Quote:What has trump lied about? what has trump got wrong?...Again share with me SOMETHING factual and I will help you see (with documentation) a fake news spin.

Ok, spin this:

From Trump, 2 April of this year:
Quote:Puerto Rico got 91 Billion Dollars for the hurricane, more money than has ever been gotten for a hurricane before, & all their local politicians do is complain & ask for more money. The pols are grossly incompetent, spend the money foolishly or corruptly, & only take from USA....

Politifact:

Quote:Puerto Rico has not received $91 billion...The federal government’s recovery website shows $40.7 billion has been allocated (Congress appropriated the spending) through December 2018. Of that, $19.4 billion has been obligated (the government has promised to spend the money) and of that $11.2 billion has been spent...A senior administration official told PolitiFact that Trump arrived at the $91 billion figure by combining the roughly $41 billion already allocated with additional estimated future FEMA costs of $50 billion. (The Washington Post’s Fact Checker wrote that the $50 billion was a high end estimate of what would need to be committed under the Robert T. Stafford Disaster Relief and Emergency Assistance Act of 1988.)

That means the $50 billion is speculative, said Steve Ellis, vice president of Taxpayers for Common Sense.

So, Puerto Rico did not 'get' $91 billion.  They've (so far) gotten $11.2 billion. The only additional monies your Congress has committed to spending are a further $8.2 billion. 

He's also wrong when he claimed that the spending on Puerto Rico is a record.  So far, Congress has spent (not merely allocated or promised) $120 billion on Katrina.

Have fun with that.

Boru
Now ironically enough watch him use a Pro Trump source to spin this in his favor
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(May 9, 2019 at 4:35 pm)Amarok Wrote:
(May 9, 2019 at 3:19 pm)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: Ok, spin this:

From Trump, 2 April of this year:

Politifact:

So, Puerto Rico did not 'get' $91 billion.  They've (so far) gotten $11.2 billion. The only additional monies your Congress has committed to spending are a further $8.2 billion. 

He's also wrong when he claimed that the spending on Puerto Rico is a record.  So far, Congress has spent (not merely allocated or promised) $120 billion on Katrina.

Have fun with that.

Boru
Now ironically enough watch him use a Pro Trump source to spin this in his favor

If his doing so can prove that $11.2 billion is more than $120 billion, I will happily concede the argument.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Mueller says screw it, joins NCIS.

I don't have an anger problem, I have an idiot problem.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5370 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Mueller Closing In For The Kill Minimalist 27 2758 March 9, 2018 at 7:11 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Mueller Makes The First Move Minimalist 31 4582 October 30, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37