Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: March 28, 2024, 1:49 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mueller report. OP/ED
Mueller report. OP/ED
It should have been enough, with all the repetitive vile rhetoric coming out of the bully's mouth on Twitter multiple times a day, to deem him unfit. But what has been said in this report, is not a 100% vindication and once again, the orange asshole has to lie about it. This is not like when a jury says, "not guilty" and jurors get interviewed and directly confirm that. This report is more like a hung jury where many interviewed afterwords, the accused stunk like shit, but still wanted more to have a solid conviction.

An no, this is not a matter of wanting the office to fail, this for me is about the individual, the man, and his behavior alone. Gotti got away with alot before he was finally nailed. That is what we are looking at here. It is not a conspiracy on my part, the very fact that Mueller didn't come out and say he was 100% not guilty, as if DNA proved he was not the killer, says alot. This is more like in The First 48, when the detective question a bunch of people, including the person of interest, and still let him go because they still do not have enough. 

I do not fault Mueller one bit. But this is not over, not in the slightest. I am damned sure this more of a smart move on Mueller's part so that when 45 gets nailed by state investigators, Mueller cannot be painted as corrupt as the orange bully has wrongfully been calling him. 

If Dems are smart, they won't push this too far, because 45 will play victim in 2020 and use this. I think our best tactic now is to pound the fact that he and the GOP are going to try to gut social security and medicare, and pound his attacks on McCain. 

I would love to see the fucker impeached. But now, still have to wait for the report to come out, not this summery, and we also have to let the state investigations play out too.

What happened with this report, was a lot like when I went to traffic court a long time ago. Before the judge got to mere traffic cases a couple hours were spent on criminal charges. Cab driver identified a suspect in the court as robbing him, problem was, he was the only witness, the accused had his entire family say he was watching TV and never left the house. True? Um maybe, maybe not, because based on what the judge said before dismissing the case, the judge himself said he thought the entire thing stunk. That says to me, that judge was probably privy to other prior arrests or convictions of the accused, but had no choice but to dismiss it. When a case isn't indicted, they are not saying the person cannot be indicted later, it merely means that the court wants a solid case that cannot be easily overturned upon appeal.
RE: Mueller report. OP/ED
I think it probably never happened.

(March 25, 2019 at 8:23 am)Little lunch Wrote: I think it probably never happened.

What never happened? There was more than one thing and one person this investigation covered?

Just on the video of the POTUS inviting Russia to find Hillary's e-mails. I could give shit less if one wants to call it a joke, or call it legal, when you sit in that office, and your duty is to the Oath of Office, you DON'T DO SHIT LIKE THAT.  A president in that office, should never joke about inviting an enemy into fucking with our process."  That was not a joke. That was simply more of 45 throwing red meat at his bigoted base at the expense of dividing the country. 

There is a famous saying in courts between lawyers, "You can indict a ham sandwich".  What that means, you can bring just about anything to a grand jury, but that does not mean it gets a conviction after handed over for trial. 

When you read this 4 page report, it did not say, "POTUS is Mr Rogers." It was saying basically for right now, they don't have enough. I'd bet my life, if Mueller could speak freely, he'd say, "45 is a immoral asshole, but I'll let the states nail him, because I don't want it overturned on appeal when we do get enough on him."

And again, it is unbelievable that it even got this far. If Obama had started his campaign in 08 came down an escalator and said, " They're KKK Members, They're Nazis, implying all white people are nothing but, the GOP would have gone ape shit. If Obama had said Bush Sr was no hero for getting shot down in combat, same thing. If Obama had called the FBI corrupt, same thing. 

This is not about party at this point. This is about one man, and his repeated destructive rhetoric that is nothing more than designed to silence any oversight to his power. 

The GOP of Nixon's time at least had the morals to do the right thing.
Trump's personally appointed A.G. announcing the "findings" is basically like when Pablo Escobar was allowed to build his own prison when he turned himself in. Only an idiot actually believes Barr is shooting straight. This country is so fucked up. [Excuse my french]
Better there than here where my stuff is
Yeah the deference to barr on obstruction isn't looking great, though it's always been possible that nothing the doj could prosecute as "collusion" would ever turn up..regardless of how many russians were circling the pool.  Scrotus has been moving on russia like a bitch for decades, and never managed to get there.  It wouldn't surprise many people to find that he and his team were too incompetent to collude.  

Idiot or traitor has been the choice since day one, and there's never been any credible counterargument to obstruction or grift - he's doing that in plain sight, lol.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
(March 25, 2019 at 8:55 am)Equinox25 Wrote: Trump's personally appointed A.G. announcing the "findings" is basically like when Pablo Escobar was allowed to build his own prison when he turned himself in. Only an idiot actually believes Barr is shooting straight. This country is so fucked up. [Excuse my french]

You could argue that about Barr, but not Mueller. 45 on a few occasions called Mueller corrupt. I am pretty damned sure Mueller demanded that Barr not fully 100% paint 45 as Mr Rogers, which is why you got also in the report, " not fully exonerated."

That is leaving the door open for the state prosecutors. 

What is fucked up is that the GOP isn't even the party of Nixon, if they were, the asshole would be out by now.
Deferring to barr isn't going to stop the freight train of investigations into everything that trump has ever used his reverse midas touch on, and since the entire strategy of the admin has been to describe the investigation as a witch hunt and mueller as corrupt, delivering the product of his investigation to some hack and letting them dig their own silly graves even further seems prudent.  

I think that people might need to keep in mind that there's broad bipartisan agreement that our institutions will (and should) survive this presidency.   No reason for mueller to jump headlong, with the doj in tow, into a ludicrous pit dug right in front of him.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
By the way, isn't incredible how quickly Trump supporters are believing what Barr is saying? This really shows how guilable they are.
Better there than here where my stuff is
(March 25, 2019 at 9:07 am)Equinox25 Wrote: By the way, isn't incredible how quickly Trump supporters are believing what Barr is saying? This really shows how guilable they are.

Unfortunately his base would still vote for him if he did "shoot someone on 5th AVE".

What we are really seeing is white anxiety over times changing. The same fear was on display when women fought for the right to vote, and when Martin Luther King Jr lead the civil rights movement.

The GOP has been great at exploiting this fear in middle America. The way to undermine this tactic, if for dems to not only appeal to urbans, and suburbans, but to expand the map to middle America and the rust belt states, and tell them they are getting just as screwed as dems are. If we focus on the GOP continuing to try to gut social security and medicare, and point out every time jobs get lost, that can be enough to bridge the gap.

The point isn't to appeal to 45's base, they are too far gone. But we still are in a position, see Beto and Stacy, even though they lost, came closer than anyone expected in two southern states. That can be enough to swamp 45 in places like Ohio and Penn and Fla. Mind anyone reading this, i am not telling anyone who to vote for in the primaries. I am merely saying whomever we nominate, that should be the tactic of the entire party.
Yeah, and all you have to do is find a way to acknowledge some underlying truth to their racist fantasies.  Good luck. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anyone going to watch Mueller today? Brian37 33 5006 July 26, 2019 at 8:24 am
Last Post: Amarok
  Mueller Closing In For The Kill Minimalist 27 2452 March 9, 2018 at 7:11 am
Last Post: GODZILLA
  Mueller Makes The First Move Minimalist 31 4260 October 30, 2017 at 6:35 pm
Last Post: Brian37