Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 25, 2024, 5:17 am

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Is God a logical contradiction?
RE: Is God a logical contradiction?
The mother said she tugged on her foot. The father and daughter saw her in the hallway on different occasions. I'm labeling it as a ghost. She's not a natural being the way she comes and goes.
(August 13, 2019 at 7:13 pm)Lek Wrote: The mother said she tugged on her foot. The father and daughter saw her in the hallway on different occasions. I'm labeling it as a ghost. She's not a natural being the way she comes and goes.

Have you seen it yourself? For you to describe how she comes and goes? Why is it a she?
I haven't seen it. They sold the house. I was in the house a few times, but never saw anything. I call it she because it appeared to be a woman.
(August 13, 2019 at 7:29 pm)Lek Wrote: I haven't seen it. They sold the house. I was in the house a few times, but never saw anything. I call it she because it appeared to be a woman.

So then you haven't conclusively determined it's a ghost, and you don't have enough details to go by that warrants such a conclusion, so maybe just stick to "who the hell knows" instead of "it must be a ghost because one family said so".
Yabut, they were his in-laws. We’re not talking about some rando that saw Elvis....and never you mind that those randos are probably somebody’s in-laws too.
I am the Infantry. I am my country’s strength in war, her deterrent in peace. I am the heart of the fight… wherever, whenever. I carry America’s faith and honor against her enemies. I am the Queen of Battle. I am what my country expects me to be, the best trained Soldier in the world. In the race for victory, I am swift, determined, and courageous, armed with a fierce will to win. Never will I fail my country’s trust. Always I fight on…through the foe, to the objective, to triumph overall. If necessary, I will fight to my death. By my steadfast courage, I have won more than 200 years of freedom. I yield not to weakness, to hunger, to cowardice, to fatigue, to superior odds, For I am mentally tough, physically strong, and morally straight. I forsake not, my country, my mission, my comrades, my sacred duty. I am relentless. I am always there, now and forever. I AM THE INFANTRY! FOLLOW ME!
Ma & Pa in law...

'Lek's coming over tonight what can we try out on him this time?'

'UFO's?'

'Nah we've done that one.'

'Flat Earth?'

'Done that a month ago.'

'Ghosts?'

'Fucking brilliant!!!'

[Image: o-HAPPY-OLDER-PEOPLE-facebook.jpg]
It's amazing 'science' always seems to 'find' whatever it is funded for, and never the oppsite. Drich.
(August 13, 2019 at 7:13 pm)Lek Wrote: The mother said she tugged on her foot. The father and daughter saw her in the hallway on different occasions. I'm labeling it as a ghost.  She's not a natural being the way she comes and goes.

And once again, you are guilty of special pleading.

There are millions of people all over the middle east that claim to have: seen Jinn, witnesses Jinn possess people, physically attack people, shape shift, responsible for mental illness, and more. And you probably do not believe their claims, yet you believe almost the exact same category of claims from other people, just because you know them.

Once again, you have demonstrated how low your bar is for what you accept as convincing evidence. You are a credulous fool. You are guilty of just about every fallacy there is, in order to continue to believe your extremely unsupported beliefs.

You'd believe if you just opened your heart" is a terrible argument for religion. It's basically saying, "If you bias yourself enough, you can convince yourself that this is true." If religion were true, people wouldn't need faith to believe it -- it would be supported by good evidence.
(August 14, 2019 at 3:33 pm)Succubus Wrote: Ma & Pa in law...

'Lek's coming over tonight what can we try out on him this time?'

'UFO's?'

'Nah we've done that one.'

'Flat Earth?'

'Done that a month ago.'

'Ghosts?'

'Fucking brilliant!!!'

[Image: o-HAPPY-OLDER-PEOPLE-facebook.jpg]

Remember when we told him about this Jesus guy? We were just messing around with him, but he took it so seriously he's now a fundie Christian!
(August 14, 2019 at 6:10 pm)Simon Moon Wrote:
(August 13, 2019 at 7:13 pm)Lek Wrote: The mother said she tugged on her foot. The father and daughter saw her in the hallway on different occasions. I'm labeling it as a ghost.  She's not a natural being the way she comes and goes.

And once again, you are guilty of special pleading.

There are millions of people all over the middle east that claim to have: seen Jinn, witnesses Jinn possess people, physically attack people, shape shift, responsible for mental illness, and more. And you probably do not believe their claims, yet you believe almost the exact same category of claims from other people, just because you know them.

Once again, you have demonstrated how low your bar is for what you accept as convincing evidence. You are a credulous fool. You are guilty of just about every fallacy there is, in order to continue to believe your extremely unsupported beliefs.

I'm open to Jinn. By the way, you're arrogant and rude.
(August 13, 2019 at 7:29 pm)Lek Wrote: I haven't seen it. They sold the house. I  was in the house a few times, but never saw anything.  I call it she because it appeared to be a woman.

This reminds me of a local woman who claims that her dead husband communicated with her through a set of wind chimes she has in her house.  Wacky
"The world is my country; all of humanity are my brethren; and to do good deeds is my religion." (Thomas Paine)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Logical Disproofs of a Biblical Type God JohnJubinsky 28 3149 June 14, 2021 at 12:13 pm
Last Post: Neo-Scholastic
  Most humans aren't too logical when it comes to world views and how to go about it. Mystic 28 4687 October 9, 2018 at 8:59 am
Last Post: Alan V
  To theists- A logical insight into Atheism ignoramus 65 13350 May 16, 2018 at 8:48 am
Last Post: Huggy Bear
  Is it logical for a Theological Noncognitivist to identify as an atheist? IanHulett 24 6954 September 8, 2015 at 12:31 pm
Last Post: IanHulett
Exclamation I NEED logical support... rsngfrce 127 16568 June 17, 2015 at 4:51 pm
Last Post: Iroscato
  Why Agnostic Atheism may not be the most logical stance. Mystic 36 13564 March 1, 2014 at 10:50 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  one logical explanation for Materialistic Athiesm? Bob101 61 16324 February 13, 2014 at 7:08 am
Last Post: Tonus
  Dillahunty pwns logical fallacies. feeling 10 4177 December 14, 2013 at 5:15 pm
Last Post: Clueless Morgan
  Thou Shall Not Commit Logical Fallacies Fidel_Castronaut 4 2290 November 28, 2013 at 10:35 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  list of logical fallacies TheBeardedDude 1 1071 November 26, 2013 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: Tea Earl Grey Hot