Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 22, 2024, 11:29 am

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
Why is merging on to the highway so taxing for some? How can anyone possibly think, "oh traffic is buzzing along at 70ish, I should be able to slip right in doing 20. How the hell do these colossal asswipes even pass their roadtest?
^ My Elderly German neighbour took Pam down the street 3 blocks away to do a little shopping. She literally stopped at every roundabout! Pam was terrified at her lack of awareness!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
What if Stacy's mom was Jesse's girl, and her number was 867-5309?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Just found out about this on Cracked:

Quote:an American physics professor at Columbia disrobed in front of students in an effort to show them how hard quantum mechanics is. He did this in front of a video of 9/11 footage, the entire show apparently being an effort to "confuse them" so that their weary brains might be more ready to accept the bizarreness of quantum physics. See, this is why that screen mounted to Stephen Hawking's wheelchair is just a continuous scrolling slideshow of penises.

I should point out, however, that the authors of this article misrepresented the actual lecture, since he didn't so much disrobe as change clothes, the video he showed included footage of 9/11, Bin Laden, Saddam Hussein, Hitler, Stalin, Mussolini, and the bomb-riding scene from Dr. Strangelove. And it doesn't mention the part where he blindfolded and stabbed a stuffed toy dog. Since it's all low-quality, and it isn't all that graphic anyway, I've decided to post this without hide tags:

And this could just be me, someone who's seen a lot of horrible shit on the Internet, but this just isn't shocking enough to properly convey the sort of brain-breaking insanity he was going for. I can remember Sweet Movie, which, if all the reviews I've read of it, had the same motif going for it, showing shocking imagery in an attempt at getting the audience reborn, but, as intriguing as the idea was, it all got too bogged down in bodily fluids, rape, bodily fluids, footage of Soviet war atrocities, and bodily fluids to mean much of anything. Come on, man, there has to be some film student at Columbia University with an aptitude for shock that can help you strike a proper medium! Proper juxtaposition and some crazier shit might help things.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
The difference between a scientist and a researcher is only academic !
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
(December 17, 2019 at 5:05 pm)no one Wrote: Why is merging on to the highway so taxing for some? How can anyone possibly think, "oh traffic is buzzing along at 70ish, I should be able to slip right in doing 20. How the hell do these colossal asswipes even pass their roadtest?

I have been known to yell (yeah, even though I know they can't hear me) 'Merging is a group effort people - let's get with program.'
[Image: MmQV79M.png]  

That's far more considerate than what I utter.
(December 19, 2019 at 12:12 am)no one Wrote: That's far more considerate than what I utter.

Does it sound anything like, 'Duck my halls, you sockplucking gaspole!!' ?

Boru
Richard Stubbs (Melb comedian) likes to yell: Jamaican farthing!
No God, No fear.
Know God, Know fear.
If you spell 'taco cat' backwards you get 'taco cat'.  That makes me weirdly happy.

Boru

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2756 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2336 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2696 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2533 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 6568 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2387 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1342 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1395 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 990 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1241 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous