Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: September 21, 2024, 5:33 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Search for Causes
RE: Search for Causes
(January 5, 2020 at 7:54 pm)Lek Wrote: .I understand the supernatural as anything that exists that is not confined to following natural laws.

Can you give an example of something that exists that does not follow natural laws ?

Quote:God, other worlds of existence, ghosts, etc., fall under the category of supernatural.

How are you confident these worlds exist ? and seriously... Ghosts ?
'Those who ask a lot of questions may seem stupid, but those who don't ask questions stay stupid'
(January 5, 2020 at 8:18 pm)no one Wrote: So, in other words, fear of the unknown is too much to bear? Arrogance, bravado, and pompousness equals the presence of the wish-granting magic sky daddy?

You haven't a clue.
That's a funny way of saying you've hit the nail on the head.
(January 5, 2020 at 8:18 pm)possibletarian Wrote:
(January 5, 2020 at 7:54 pm)Lek Wrote: .I understand the supernatural as anything that exists that is not confined to following natural laws.

Can you give an example of something that exists that does not follow natural laws ?

Quote:God, other worlds of existence, ghosts, etc., fall under the category of supernatural.

How are you confident these worlds exist ? and seriously... Ghosts ?

I gave you three examples of the supernatural that don't follow natural laws. I'm fairly confident these worlds exist due the testimony of mystics throughout history. I've also heard a good bit of personal testimony about ghosts from friends, in-laws and acquaintances. I'm not at all convinced that they don't exist.
Quote:I gave you three examples of the supernatural that don't follow natural laws.
No you simply insist they don't 

Quote:I'm fairly confident these worlds exist due the testimony of mystics throughout history.
Then you have a low standard on evidence 

Quote: I've also heard a good bit of personal testimony about ghosts from friends, in-laws and acquaintances. I'm not at all convinced that they don't exist.
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 5, 2020 at 10:27 pm)SUNGULA Wrote:
Quote:I gave you three examples of the supernatural that don't follow natural laws.
No you simply insist they don't 

Quote:I'm fairly confident these worlds exist due the testimony of mystics throughout history.

Quote: I've also heard a good bit of personal testimony about ghosts from friends, in-laws and acquaintances. I'm not at all convinced that they don't exist.

Have you researched these to any degree?
Fantasy and magic create a world far more acceptable then the bitter brutality that is reality, we get it. Though simply yearning for the approval of the magic sky fairy to justify your meaningless existence doesn't lend any validity to your fairy tale.
(January 5, 2020 at 11:02 pm)Lek Wrote:
(January 5, 2020 at 10:27 pm)SUNGULA Wrote: No you simply insist they don't 

Have you researched these to any degree?
Yup
"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(January 6, 2020 at 12:11 am)SUNGULA Wrote:
(January 5, 2020 at 11:02 pm)Lek Wrote: Have you researched these to any degree?
Yup

Touche! Not much to discuss.

(January 5, 2020 at 11:32 pm)no one Wrote: Fantasy and magic create a world far more acceptable then the bitter brutality that is reality, we get it. Though simply yearning for the approval of the magic sky fairy to justify your meaningless existence doesn't lend any validity to your fairy tale.

You don't have much self-esteem, do you?
Once again, you completely missed the point! Are you really that thick?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Evidence and causes for doubt LadyForCamus 43 8662 March 11, 2016 at 3:27 am
Last Post: Fake Messiah
  Job search in the medical field Kitty Galore 12 4180 May 3, 2015 at 1:37 am
Last Post: Salacious B. Crumb