Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 26, 2024, 5:00 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Official live update of spread of COVID19
RE: Official live update of spread of COVID19
(April 6, 2020 at 1:47 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: I think they’re waiting for the number of new cases to decline and old cases to recover and not looking at a specific death rate, because if you go only by that and prematurely end social distancing, then you risk creating a new spike in cases, and odds are, you’re going to get back to the old levels (this defeating the whole purpose) and creating a cycle that makes it a hell of a lot longer than it has to be.

Rev. Rye Wrote:While I'm not in charge of deciding when any other nation decides to reopen, I'd think that the time would be when you subtract the dead and recovered from the confirmed cases, and the resulting number is a hell of a lot lower than the total confirmed cases. Can't give a specific percentage for that, but I'll tell you one thing I'm noticing when I'm looking at the stream: of all the nations listed in the first three columns, there are exactly TWO where it's less than 50%. Those nations? Mainland China and South Korea. And South Korea still has about 35% of its cases active. I'm fairly certain Mainland China has reached that point and South Korea hasn't.

Mr Greene Wrote:Looking at the rate of infection it looks like Australia started seeing a reduction in new cases on the 29th and is now possibly starting a more solid decline in the number of new cases, but you're looking at a minimum of 2 weeks before things can really begin relax and expect longer.

Thank you Rev. Rye and Mr Greene for actually addressing my points. I think people in here can learn from you guys

You are right Mr Greene, we started seeing a reduction in new cases at the end of last month. So maybe soon for us I think

Rev. Rye that's an interesting equation you are suggesting. When I apply it to Australia I get about 43%

I don't think it is long before Australia starts lifting lock down restrictions. I'll keep yas posted
I was reading just this morning that we may never know the full extent of the deaths from this - a lot of places don’t have enough kits to test corpses. So, if Joe dies from CORVID-19 and wasn’t tested before death, he won’t be tested after death and won’t be counted in the pandemic death toll.

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
Okay, since Agnostico is annoyed that nobody has been focusing on his actual points (and more about the callous way he put it), here's one point he's made: He's annoyed that the quarantines are still going on even as less than one person per day is dying. He wants to know what death rate is necessary to reopen the economy.

My argument: the current death rate in your particular jurisdiction should not be the only thing you think about. If it's as low as one death per week, and we end social distancing while the disease is still spreading, it's not likely to stay that low for long. Instead, wait until the number of active cases is very low (Total-deaths-recovered=active). And by very low, I don't have an actual percentage, but if the number of active cases is more than half that of the total, it's way too fucking early. And according to the revised version of the stream that was in the OP, Mainland China and South Korea are the ONLY major nations to have reached that point. I understand that it's frustrating to have to wait and I'd love to be able to get out and enjoy life on the outside, but COVID is still going strong with 91.28% of all confirmed cases still active. Australia is a hell of a lot closer to "out of the woods" than America is, but the virus there still has 56.16% of confirmed cases still active, even if its effects are not quite as catastrophic as other nations.

Have I actually addressed at least some of your points?
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
Still a while to go I think. Otherwise you'll get something that looks like Turkey.

[Image: new-and-cumulative-covid-19-cases-in-aus...1586243554]
Quote:I don't understand why you'd come to a discussion forum, and then proceed to reap from visibility any voice that disagrees with you. If you're going to do that, why not just sit in front of a mirror and pat yourself on the back continuously?
-Esquilax

Evolution - Adapt or be eaten.
(April 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I hate people that have no compassion, as you surely demonstrated. Your opinions as stated, are that you showed no remorse, that the elderly are expendable. For a 42 year old, it makes it more grievous.

And I meant constitution. I know Portuguese constitution. My reading comprehension is better than you think. I even write english better than you, mister internet slang.

Sai daqui caralho...  Hehe
Você está chorando por nada...  
You’re getting 43 percent because you’re just dividing the dead and recovered by the total. What I suggested is subtract the dead and recovered from the total (the active cases) and divide that by the total. There, you would get 56%. And, of course, even when it reaches below 50% (which is only the point where we see the light at the end of the tunnel, not to be confused with the point where we’re actually out) you’ll still be playing the waiting game, waiting for the number of new cases to decline even more rapidly than they had been, waiting for those who still have it to survive or die.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(April 7, 2020 at 12:59 pm)Agnostico Wrote:
(April 7, 2020 at 12:25 pm)LastPoet Wrote: I hate people that have no compassion, as you surely demonstrated. Your opinions as stated, are that you showed no remorse, that the elderly are expendable. For a 42 year old, it makes it more grievous.

And I meant constitution. I know Portuguese constitution. My reading comprehension is better than you think. I even write english better than you, mister internet slang.

No he does not need to GTFO

Nor is he crying you sociopath

Quote:Thank you Rev. Rye and Mr Greene for actually addressing my points. I think people in here can learn from you guys
No one is obligated to answer your vile ravings and learn what an ad hom is 

"Change was inevitable"

Nemo sicut deus debet esse!

[Image: Canada_Flag.jpg?v=1646203843]

“No matter what men think, abortion is a fact of life. Women have always had them; they always have and they always will. Are they going to have good ones or bad ones? Will the good ones be reserved for the rich, while the poor women go to quacks?”
–SHIRLEY CHISHOLM

(April 7, 2020 at 12:30 pm)Agnostico Wrote:

You are so oblivious about what an Ad hom is, that you even had to get images from less reputable sources. I will explain it to you:

1st: Agnostico argues for triage the elderly out of covid19 care in favor of others. I say "since you are an idiot your argument is invalid" ---> THIS IS AN AD HOM.

2nd: Agnostico argues for triage the elderly out of covid19 care in favor of others. I say "you are a despicable excuse for a human being for thinking that" --> This is NOT an AD HOM.

This is the only time I will explain it to you. Others tried, but you keep going, trying to save face from your deep ignorance. I suppose the older the ass, the harder to teach it anything.
(April 7, 2020 at 12:54 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Okay, since Agnostico is annoyed that nobody has been focusing on his actual points (and more about the callous way he put it), here's one point he's made: He's annoyed that the quarantines are still going on even as less than one person per day is dying. He wants to know what death rate is necessary to reopen the economy.

My argument: the current death rate in your particular jurisdiction should not be the only thing you think about. If it's as low as one death per week, and we end social distancing while the disease is still spreading, it's not likely to stay that low for long. Instead, wait until the number of active cases is very low (Total-deaths-recovered=active). And by very low, I don't have an actual percentage, but if the number of active cases is more than half that of the total, it's way too fucking early. And according to the revised version of the stream that was in the OP, Mainland China and South Korea are the ONLY major nations to have reached that point. I understand that it's frustrating to have to wait and I'd love to be able to get out and enjoy life on the outside, but COVID is still going strong with 91.28% of all confirmed cases still active. Australia is a hell of a lot closer to "out of the woods" than America is, but the virus there still has 56.16% of confirmed cases still active, even if its effects are not quite as catastrophic as other nations.

Have I actually addressed at least some of your points?

Yes Rev. Rye you gave your opinion based on the situation in Australia, much appreciated. 
I wasn't talking about re opening everything or abolishing social distancing. I was talking about starting to lift some restrictions. 

For example in rural Australia, far away from any C19 cases I think a person should be allowed to go fishing or swimming at least
I also think that some businesses should be considered for reopening in rural Australia

Im sorry your countries are doing it tough, I should of been more considerate. I wish everyone the best along with their families
(April 7, 2020 at 12:59 pm)Agnostico Wrote:

Look there, the little prick doesn't even knows a proper Portuguese insult. And the tense you use on the verb "To cry" is more Brazilian accent than Porttuguese. I will educate you: "Estás a chorar por nada...".

I am not crying, I am laughing.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 18388 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  BREAKING: Saudi Crown Prince accused of assassination plot against exiled official WinterHold 2 556 August 10, 2020 at 10:05 am
Last Post: Mister Agenda
  How many people will die due to covid spread over memorial day CarveTheFive 20 1722 May 19, 2020 at 1:12 pm
Last Post: Gawdzilla Sama
  Georgia Reporter Groped on Live TV Divinity 69 4647 December 18, 2019 at 1:29 pm
Last Post: LastPoet
  Update on NDE hoax story purplepurpose 12 1867 November 6, 2018 at 12:52 pm
Last Post: onlinebiker
  BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official WinterHold 10 1527 June 24, 2018 at 9:10 pm
Last Post: Wyrd of Gawd
  It's official!... Weather is controlled by chemtrails. ignoramus 17 2509 September 18, 2017 at 8:59 pm
Last Post: brewer
  Let The People Die As Long As The Corporations Live On Minimalist 6 1744 July 3, 2017 at 1:35 am
Last Post: Cecelia
  Fox News Anchor Quits Live On Air Foxaèr 8 2637 June 3, 2017 at 7:28 pm
Last Post: Minimalist
  Women's March live on CSPAN NOW! 10am-3pm Brian37 25 4762 January 26, 2017 at 10:51 am
Last Post: account_inactive