Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: April 25, 2024, 3:07 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official
BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official
Women were permitted to drive in Saudi Arabia, after almost a century of prohibiting females from driving in the kingdom:

Quote:Saudi Arabia's ban on women driving officially ends
  • 24 June 2018
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-middle-east-44576795

Saudi women are officially allowed to get behind the wheel, after a decades-old driving ban was lifted.
The change was announced last September and Saudi Arabia issued the first licences to women earlier this month.
It was the only country left in the world where women could not drive and families had to hire private chauffeurs for female relatives.
However, the move comes amid an intensified crackdown on activists who campaigned for the right to drive.
At least eight women's rights activists are being detained and could face trial in a counter-terrorism court and long prison sentences for their activism, human rights group Amnesty says.

Female activists, who fought for the rights of women and for their freedom, are in prison still.
This move is an obvious way out for the regime, and its religious institution from the economical and political issues.

Wahhabism is literally declining, the collapse of the religious grip was faster than the fall of a mountain of cards; looks like deep inside the people despise the Wahhabi religious institution and hate its guts, but nobody has the balls to say it out loud.

And those who say it out loud, get arrested and get butchered.

Congratulations, for the women of the Arabian Peninsula. But this right was not "given to you", you took it back from the hands of the regime, along with its dead, decaying religious institution.
RE: BREAKING: Saudi Women Driving, it is now official
It’s about bloody time.

Much more to be achieved, though.
Dying to live, living to die.
The problem those dudes had, was that their mothers, women, did not clenched their legs when they were coming out.

It seems good news to me.
(June 24, 2018 at 4:57 pm)The Valkyrie Wrote: It’s about bloody time.

Much more to be achieved, though.

Much much more. But blasts like this will happen more often, this regime is too old and the deadly Wahhabi/Royal grip will not hold for a lot of time; I assure you
I heard they have to put these on their cars.

[Image: f0ksjnne35XuwTuKi5zA0-6PAh0jaxLTx-XgYZSN...6d507a9963]
...of course there is still a lot to do, but the first step was done ... sometimes a little spark is enough to start a big fire ... so I hope it's exactly that spark!!!
"Alone is what I have. Alone protects me." 
“I may be on the side of the angels but don’t think for one second that I am one of them.”
“The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its own reason for existence. One cannot help but be in awe when he contemplates the mysteries of eternity, of life, of the marvelous structure of reality. It is enough if one tries merely to comprehend a little of this mystery each day."
(June 24, 2018 at 5:36 pm)KittyAnn Wrote: ...of course there is still a lot to do, but the first step was done ... sometimes a little spark is enough to start a big fire ... so I hope it's exactly that spark!!!

like a chain reaction; lots of changes will follow. When people get one right, they will want more, and that is how it changes everything
Wow, what a break-through! There have been women flying airplanes since before WWII (Valentina Tereshkova flew into space in 1963) and now the Saudis have figured out in 2018 that they are capable of operating a fucking car!

Classic example of how dogmatic religion holds back progress.
Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former.

Albert Einstein
It's a step forward
Seek strength, not to be greater than my brother, but to fight my greatest enemy -- myself.

Inuit Proverb

(June 24, 2018 at 7:44 pm)AFTT47 Wrote: Wow, what a break-through! There have been women flying airplanes since before WWII (Valentina Tereshkova flew into space in 1963) and now the Saudis have figured out in 2018 that they are capable of operating a fucking car!

Classic example of how dogmatic religion holds back progress.

Not religion alone, but a hellish culture perfected by royals and warlord to subdue the locals, and religion -Wahhabism- is the decoration for it.

Notice the ironic light speed these people deserted their "religion of choice" with. In a matter of days, a custom that went on for decades changed 180 degrees, what else is fake about it, honestly?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Trans women banned from world chess LinuxGal 37 2854 October 15, 2023 at 10:10 pm
Last Post: LinuxGal
  Women's Rights Lek 314 18466 April 25, 2023 at 5:22 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Official live update of spread of COVID19 ignoramus 2211 181252 February 27, 2023 at 2:09 am
Last Post: The Architect Of Fate
  Performers Should Speak Up or Not Attend Saudi Music Festival WinterHold 9 588 December 15, 2021 at 5:31 pm
Last Post: Ranjr
  BMW to build self driving motorcycle onlinebiker 12 729 July 9, 2021 at 9:02 pm
Last Post: AkiraTheViking
  Official Mass Shooter Thread Brian37 351 15358 June 13, 2021 at 2:14 pm
Last Post: BrianSoddingBoru4
  [Serious] Biden on punishing MBS and Saudi Arabia WinterHold 27 2433 March 23, 2021 at 10:31 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING: Loujain Al-Hathloul FREE ! thanks Biden ! WinterHold 24 1153 February 15, 2021 at 7:05 pm
Last Post: Angrboda
  Saudi journalist killed and hacked inside Saudi embassy in Istanbul WinterHold 333 27737 January 16, 2021 at 6:26 pm
Last Post: The Grand Nudger
  BREAKING:Italy charges Egyptian security agency officials over murder of Giulio R. WinterHold 27 1250 December 14, 2020 at 7:02 pm
Last Post: HappySkeptic