Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 15, 2024, 2:26 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
Chewy does dogs barks...big dogs, little dogs, far away dogs, dogs in the house - she also meows. She used to imitate the phone but since we haven't had a landline in years she quit that. She beeps like the microwave, will pick up a squeaky cabinet or door quickly. She talks and has a few phrases that she comes out with frequently...in my voice. She laughs and beckons us with c'mere, c'mere, c'mere if we have some food she wants us to share. There are the whistles and other noises you would expect. If I put her cage out in the deck she quickly starts imitating the wild birds in the area.

The funniest thing is when she starts making sounds from old B sci-fi shows. We don't watch them so I have to assume that the flying saucer and laser sounds are from when she was owned by a young man before we rescued her when he entered the military.

You can watch her sit in a corner and mutter to herself sometimes for several days. Suddenly she comes out with the new thing she has been practicing. She has to get it right before she shares her newest talent.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

That's lovely. :-)

Had the last three nights off from work. Each night my lower back kept hurting worse even though I’m just sitting here streaming shows on the laptop. I have to return to work tonight, and hopefully my back can handle it.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Why is it that you only stumble over the really interesting web pages only a few moments before you have leave them unrad/explored and to go do something productive?

Huh 

Not at work.
I wanted to upgrade the Internet here at home a couple months ago but the provider wasn't allowing techs to enter people's homes at that time.

Well, I have a tech scheduled today. The window of time for this service call is between 7 am and 6 pm.

That's not a window, that's a damn roll up garage door at minimum.

Bastards know when you have no other option but to play their silly game.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Always follow your dream, except maybe the ones where your Dad takes you to a hotel for a rite of passage, and the buffet lounge has every other important person in your life there, everyone has a cheeseburger, and they're all fucking said cheeseburgers.
Comparing the Universal Oneness of All Life to Yo Mama since 2010.

[Image: harmlesskitchen.png]

I was born with the gift of laughter and a sense the world is mad.
(June 13, 2020 at 10:21 pm)Rev. Rye Wrote: Always follow your dream, except maybe the ones where your Dad takes you to a hotel for a rite of passage, and the buffet lounge has every other important person in your life there, everyone has a cheeseburger, and they're all fucking said cheeseburgers.

Fridays?
Dying to live, living to die.
If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, why do we call them ‘blueberries’ when they’re actually purple?

Boru
‘I can’t be having with this.’ - Esmeralda Weatherwax
(June 14, 2020 at 6:49 am)BrianSoddingBoru4 Wrote: If a chicken and a half can lay an egg and a half in a day and a half, why do we call them ‘blueberries’ when they’re actually purple?

Boru

1 less syllable. Humans are lazy.
Dying to live, living to die.
Summer rainstorms, roof leaking at work, ceiling tiles sagging with the pregnancy of rainwater until right before me the tiles fall down and splash water all over the floor of the lockdown unit where residents wander around cluelessly. I’m not a housekeeper or maintenance, who cannot do anything about anything till Monday, and barrels are sitting in the hallway collecting rainwater. Except that there aren’t enough barrels and by time the floor cleaner, technically not a maintenance guy who can do anything to fix the problem, arrives in the morning the floor is rife with rainwater that falls past the rims of the barrels.

*sigh*
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2283 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2073 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2278 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2119 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous