Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 7:34 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
I got an unsolicited text today asking if I was serious in slimming 60 pounds within 30 days.

I responded that I would weigh around 50 pounds if I did that.

My new friend doesn't seem to have anything else to say.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(October 29, 2020 at 6:58 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I got an unsolicited text today asking if I was serious in slimming 60 pounds within 30 days.

Like the skunkfuck that called wanting to sell me an extended car warranty.

And the "newest" car we own is old enough to vote.
(October 29, 2020 at 8:50 pm)onlinebiker Wrote:
(October 29, 2020 at 6:58 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I got an unsolicited text today asking if I was serious in slimming 60 pounds within 30 days.

Like the skunkfuck that called wanting to sell me an extended car warranty.

And the "newest" car we own is old enough to vote.
Got one of those calls a couple days ago.  I told the woman I don't have a car in my name so I really didn't think that was a good purchase on my part.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

I know how you can lose 60 pounds in a few minutes, although it involves a bonesaw.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
Whoever's in charge of stopping me doing fucking stupid stuff is fired!

Playing Cluedo with my mum while I was at Uni:

"You did WHAT?  With WHO?  WHERE???"
Video 
How the Mighty have fallen ...

TAA has, even though he still has slightly above 1 million subscribers, very few views on his YouTube vids. I don't think this is due to the YouTube algorithm or some blunt censorship (i.e. blacklisting, shadowban, YT ignore) or whatnot, but I think it is - for the most part - a reflection of the huge shift in demographics of most of the YouTube viewers ... those millennials, man.

No one cares about atheism anymore, at least in the traditional sense which it was presented all those years ago. Even when generating those stupid spin-offs Atheism+ and other political, sorta secular, activism for representation in the political sphere.

No matter, the time wasn't ripe for genuine secular values to permeate society at large. We got these secular values most of the way here in Scandinavian countries, and that was, ironically & even today, still while the Scandinavian constitutions recognized a specific flavor of Lutheran Protestantism as the country's official religion (in the case for Denmark, it's even in the very first chapter, §4, of Grundloven where the Evangelical-Lutheran Church is the Danish state church, and supported as such. Good luck changing that, Islamists).

I don't care what the constitutions say or do not say, that's just a fucking document people attach meaning to. What I do think matters, are all those ideologies ruminating in people's heads; and I will make my small contribution in presenting the alternative of using ideologies, ideas, as nothing more than artistic tools. Ideologies say jack shit about how to live your life as a human being. And if anyone tries to convince you that their "way" is the right one, you know you're dealing with someone fooled by what ideology really is, all the way into the deep end where a few fanatics are Ideologically Possessed.
"The first principle is that you must not fool yourself — and you are the easiest person to fool." - Richard P. Feynman
I have a good friend who lives in Louisiana.

I have recently started calling him Neo - as he keeps dodging bullets.

6 hurricanes this year - and he has had no property damage or even lost power.
(October 30, 2020 at 7:26 am)onlinebiker Wrote: I have a good friend who lives in Louisiana.

I have recently started calling him Neo - as he keeps dodging bullets.

6 hurricanes this year - and he has had no property damage or even lost power.

I am usually watching the Outer Banks as that's where I'm from.  They have had some rough weather this year but nothing like the Gulf Coast.  They haven't had a break this year.

I let Karm out.  The boys weren't interested.  She was sitting on the deck with her back to the door when I went to let her back inside.  She is totally deaf so of course didn't hear the door open and calling her would have been futile.  Quinn (my youngest pup) looked up at me and then walked outside and gently touched her back with his nose.  She looked around and saw me at the door and they both trotted back in.  My boys are so good with her and seem to understand that she can't hear.

(October 30, 2020 at 12:27 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I am usually watching the Outer Banks as that's where I'm from.  They have had some rough weather this year but nothing like the Gulf Coast.  They haven't had a break this year.

At first, I thought you were talking about the television show, which is actually pretty good.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2286 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2074 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2281 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2128 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous