Our server costs ~$56 per month to run. Please consider donating or becoming a Patron to help keep the site running. Help us gain new members by following us on Twitter and liking our page on Facebook!
Current time: June 16, 2024, 3:48 pm

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Random Thoughts
RE: Random Thoughts
(December 18, 2020 at 9:42 pm)Eleven Wrote:
(December 18, 2020 at 12:24 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: I finally went four years ago and got hearing aids.  It dawned on me that I wear glasses to see better so wearing hearing aids to hear better makes sense.  Course it took me about a decade to come to that conclusion.  The audiologist said that's typical...7-10 years before seeking help.

I grew up wearing hearing aides, my family was receiving assistance from the state but that assistance went away when I became an adult at eighteen. My hearing aides lasted a few good years into adulthood, but of course they eventually died.

I could never afford new ones and I have never qualified for disability assistance.

There's a maximum they can charge for hearing aids here in TX.  Not sure how that works.  Mine are four years old this month and with health insurance they cost me roughly $900.00 out of pocket.  They still work fine and I like the Bluetooth capability.  I don't feel too bad about the cost spread out over this amount of time.

Do some checking.  My audiologist is promoting a program by Resound to get hearing aids to people who need them.

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

(December 18, 2020 at 10:04 pm)arewethereyet Wrote: There's a maximum they can charge for hearing aids here in TX.  Not sure how that works.  Mine are four years old this month and with health insurance they cost me roughly $900.00 out of pocket.  They still work fine and I like the Bluetooth capability.  I don't feel too bad about the cost spread out over this amount of time.

Do some checking.  My audiologist is promoting a program by Resound to get hearing aids to people who need them.

It has been a while since I last checked into it. I'd say within the last five years, cannot remember precisely, I was informed hearing aides would cost me upwards of $2k.

The only good thing is that my hearing doesn't seem to be getting worse. It has remained roughly the same over the years.
"Never trust a fox. Looks like a dog, behaves like a cat."
~ Erin Hunter
Tried on an old pair of work pants; guess I did lose some weight.
~ Erin Hunter
I once listened to Justin Bieber, now I have hearing aids.
Last night was a bloody nightmare at work, and I don't foresee it being any better tonight.
~ Erin Hunter
I'm tired all ready next week.

Early Monday morning I have a CT scan. Then husband has a heart catheterization later in the morning followed by me bringing home the world's worst patient. Wednesday I have a Facetime appointment to discuss the results of my scan and husband has multiple appointments that afternoon.

In between I still have to get my work done. Then Christmas - Ho Ho Ho.

The following week I have to see the hematologist/oncologist to further try to figure out my extreme weight loss and inability to gain any back.

I guess the good thing is that the medication the doctor put me on has me able to actually sleep in longer than 3-4 hours at a time. I am actually getting a normal amount of sleep every night.

I'm a little apprehensive about what 2021 is going to throw at me/us.

sigh

“If you are the smartest person in the room, then you are in the wrong room.” — Confucius

Working in patient care and nightmares are often intimate bedfellows.
I found a pickle juice that's horrible.

Kosher Dill Claussen

The pickles themselves taste fine, but the juice in the jar is 'effing nasty.
~ Erin Hunter
If you live in Hawaii or Tahiti - where do you go for vacation to get away from it all?

A 5 story parking garage in Baltimore?
Why isn't masturbation an Olympic event?

It's not out of lack of interest or shortage of players

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Thoughts on sexual services? Macoleco 25 2286 September 7, 2022 at 10:57 am
Last Post: HappySkeptic
  Your thoughts on the validity of this? ignoramus 12 2074 April 12, 2021 at 10:28 pm
Last Post: Rev. Rye
  Any of you attend a Christian University/high school. What were your thoughts? Atomic Lava 19 2379 November 20, 2019 at 3:32 pm
Last Post: Atomic Lava
  What are your thoughts on R Kelly? rkellysucks 12 2280 July 13, 2019 at 5:36 am
Last Post: vulcanlogician
  Thoughts and not prayers. Gawdzilla Sama 52 5780 January 30, 2019 at 11:45 pm
Last Post: Anomalocaris
  Inspired rather than random thoughts tackattack 20 2119 November 24, 2018 at 9:52 am
Last Post: tackattack
  Thoughts on NDE's. purplepurpose 8 1190 November 9, 2018 at 3:34 am
Last Post: purplepurpose
  A thought on thoughts KevinM1 6 1240 September 19, 2018 at 11:04 am
Last Post: Angrboda
  What are your thoughts on corporate run media? GODZILLA 3 873 July 8, 2018 at 11:32 pm
Last Post: AFTT47
  Guiding Thought for My Life: Think Your Own Thoughts Rhondazvous 3 1192 April 3, 2018 at 2:49 pm
Last Post: Rhondazvous